Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt County 62 - Harlan County 34
Final.
Now comes the long post from me....

Absolutely fantastic season for the Harlan County Black Bears. This was the first season for these boys to play together. They didn't get started till much later than most schools with football for this year, they came together great, played great, and respected each other and the coaches. This was a winning season for them, they finish 8-4 after tonight. First playoff win for all of these boys on this team, so it is a well deserved round of applause to these boys. You played with great heart and great teamwork all season long.:Clap:

This is only the beginning of what will be a wonderful football team in Harlan County, I know without a doubt that we are going to be making noise for many years with the program that is being built.

WE ARE EXTREMELY PROUD OF THESE BOYS, A SPECIAL CONGRATULATIONS GOES OUT TO ALL THE SENIORS WHO WORKED HARD AND SHOWED GREAT LEADERSHIP ALL SEASON.:Thumbs:

Great season Black Bears, you're still #1 in MY heart at least!:1:
Harlan County came into this game fired up and really ready to play. Returned the opening kick off for a touchdown and there it began. Defense and offense played amazing in the first half. Score was 28-21 in favor of Harlan. Second half Harlan came out flat. They lost all the intensity and momentum from the 1st half. Really a close game until about 5 to go in the 3rd quarter. One **** of a football game until then. Channing Fugate is a monster. He had 371 yards rushing along with 5 touchdowns. Jade haddix had 1 rushing touchdown and 3 passing touchdowns. #34 for Breathitt had a great game also. #42 for Harlan has a bad attitude as a football player. He was running his mouth to the Breathitt players and punched one in the helmet. He had a bad attitude from what I seen. But all in all, one great football game tonight.
bluegrassballa Wrote:Harlan County came into this game fired up and really ready to play. Returned the opening kick off for a touchdown and there it began. Defense and offense played amazing in the first half. Score was 28-21 in favor of Harlan. Second half Harlan came out flat. They lost all the intensity and momentum from the 1st half. Really a close game until about 5 to go in the 3rd quarter. One **** of a football game until then. Channing Fugate is a monster. He had 371 yards rushing along with 5 touchdowns. Jade haddix had 1 rushing touchdown and 3 passing touchdowns. #34 for Breathitt had a great game also. #42 for Harlan has a bad attitude as a football player. He was running his mouth to the Breathitt players and punched one in the helmet. He had a bad attitude from what I seen. But all in all, one great football game tonight.

Harlan played great the first half, and I agree came out flat the second half, well more like midway through the 3rd they came out flat.

Breathitt outscored Harlan 41-6 in the 2nd half, terrific effort on their part!

Our boys let their emotions get the best, we had a player ejected (don't want to mention names) but they did let their emotions get the best, and Larkey started pulling them out late there at the end of the game to save from getting someone else ejected...
This was a great game the first half. I thought for sure the Black Bears were gonna win this game. But after Channing Fugate got going in the 2nd half, I knew it was over. #80 was a big contributor for Breathitt. He had all 3 of the passing TD's from Haddix and dropped another. He is a good receiver. Channing Fugate is a beast. From what I saw, he didn't run his mouth or anything. Harlan played amazing the 1st half. They played with everything they had. But just got tired or something. Congrats to Harlan on a fine season and good luck next year!!! Good game Breathitt. You all will have a tough game next week. Good luck!!
wow.. last I had heard it was 14-14... Nice win Bobcats.. And congrats to Harlan Co. on a great season... we've been hearing some good things about Coach Larkey & Co.. Look foward to eventually meeting up with you guys in Belfry one day.
Congrats to the Bobcats... great season Black Bears!
sc06cheer Wrote:Harlan played great the first half, and I agree came out flat the second half, well more like midway through the 3rd they came out flat.

Breathitt outscored Harlan 41-6 in the 2nd half, terrific effort on their part!

Our boys let their emotions get the best, we had a player ejected (don't want to mention names) but they did let their emotions get the best, and Larkey started pulling them out late there at the end of the game to save from getting someone else ejected...

#12 was ejected with about 2 minutes left.I will hand it to Harlan........they came to play.
Even though I am from Letcher County and a huge Letcher Central fan..... I have been kind of partial to the Black Bears this season. I feel close to them because we had the opportunity to participate in their first game ever. This is a good team. A classy team.... They are really doing well in Harlan County and I wish them the best next season. Hope we play you'all again next season!
From what I got to listen to the game, Breathitt and Harlan was both taking shots at each other scoring wise. Breathitt came out the second half and put the clamps on Harlan Co and Harlan then lose their composier. Good game for the bobcats though. I saw alot where people on here was saying that our passing game wasnt that great and all but I think that alot of people were showed tonight that it is still there and we can reach into our bag and get it when we need to. Bring on Estill and another great game.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:#12 was ejected with about 2 minutes left.I will hand it to Harlan........they came to play.

I am aware of who was ejected, I just didn't want to post the name because it was his emotions that got to him, and I didn't figure he would want everyone to know. so thank you for posting the number even though I wasn't wanting it to be posted.
sc06cheer Wrote:I am aware of who was ejected, I just didn't want to post the name because it was his emotions that got to him, and I didn't figure he would want everyone to know. so thank you for posting the number even though I wasn't wanting it to be posted.
Not really that big a deal as far as the number being posted....Very few people know these kids by name and the ones who do know the kids by number, already knew he was thrown out. Very classy not posting names though......
Twitter: @tc_analytics

LetcherCentral23 Wrote:Even though I am from Letcher County and a huge Letcher Central fan..... I have been kind of partial to the Black Bears this season. I feel close to them because we had the opportunity to participate in their first game ever. This is a good team. A classy team.... They are really doing well in Harlan County and I wish them the best next season. Hope we play you'all again next season!

Well as a Harlan County Black Bear fan I would like to say that I myself am pulling for Letcher Central in the playoffs, very classy team as well, and Charlie Banks earned my respect tonight with that FG at the end of their game, very mature and driven by him to do so. My hopes are for you to win it all :Thumbs: BEST OF LUCK THE REST OF THE SEASON!!

*We play you next year, district opponents if I'm not mistaken!*
LetcherCentral23 Wrote:Even though I am from Letcher County and a huge Letcher Central fan..... I have been kind of partial to the Black Bears this season. I feel close to them because we had the opportunity to participate in their first game ever. This is a good team. A classy team.... They are really doing well in Harlan County and I wish them the best next season. Hope we play you'all again next season!
Took my post right off of my fingers! Congrats on a fine season Black Bears!
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Not really that big a deal as far as the number being posted....Very few people know these kids by name and the ones who do know the kids by number, already knew he was thrown out. Very classy not posting names though......

True on the number, just seems immature to post the name of something like that, I wouldn't of posted it had it been a Breathitt County player, thats something the player themselves should post if they want someone knowing...
:notworthy
sc06cheer Wrote:True on the number, just seems immature to post the name of something like that, I wouldn't of posted it had it been a Breathitt County player, thats something the player themselves should post if they want someone knowing...
Twitter: @tc_analytics

PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Took my post right off of my fingers! Congrats on a fine season Black Bears!

Can't wait to start next season, looking forward to a great rival with you all! Theres more rivals, but this one I think means oh so much more with you all being the first team we've ever played. Again, good luck on the rest of the season, this black bear is pulling for you!
Speaking of next season, will HC be playing Lee (VA) next year? I seen they're possibly adding Powell Valley (VA). Was hoping Lee was still an opponent, but probably not with that add.
Beamerball Wrote:Speaking of next season, will HC be playing Lee (VA) next year? I seen they're possibly adding Powell Valley (VA). Was hoping Lee was still an opponent, but probably not with that add.

Actually Lee is the 2nd game I believe, I can't remember the list, but they are on the schedule for next year :Thumbs:
Here is the schedules (isn't in the RIGHT order I was writing them down and didn't get them all down in order... so sorry, but here is the schedule)

1st Game is Southwestern (In some bowl game, didn't catch the name)
Leslie County
Powell Valley TN
Lee VA
Whitley
Clay
Letcher Central
North Laurel
Perry Central
Last Game at Bell County
Thanks. Glad to see that. A good opponent and great for power points for Lee. Good luck to your program. Hope for a good one next year.
Beamerball Wrote:Thanks. Glad to see that. A good opponent and great for power points. Good luck to your program. Hope for a good one next year.

Same goes to you with your program. It'll be at Harlan, hoping we can get a field soooooon, doubtful it'll be here by next season, but maybe the following we'll get one! The boys deserve it!
mrfootball03 Wrote:wow.. last I had heard it was 14-14... Nice win Bobcats.. And congrats to Harlan Co. on a great season... we've been hearing some good things about Coach Larkey & Co.. Look foward to eventually meeting up with you guys in Belfry one day.

A Harlan/Belfry game would be great IMO:thumpsup:
bluegrassballa Wrote:#42 for Harlan has a bad attitude as a football player. He was running his mouth to the Breathitt players and punched one in the helmet. He had a bad attitude from what I seen. But all in all, one great football game tonight.

You must have gotten the wrong number, #42 is one of the classiest and most respectful player in the game. He reached and pointed to the Heavens as he does on every TD and they flagged him. He said nothing, he is just a hard nose player that leaves it all on the field. On the other hand, I never heard Channing Fugate say anything but everytime he was tackled on the HC sideline he always taunted the team by looking at us in the stands and raising his arms and clapping and pointing at the players on the sidelines, very arrogate IMO and on two touchdowns the refs ignored both celebration runs when he would long stride and leap into the EZ, yet they called the PF on #42 for raising his arm to the SKY in thanks. Pitiful officiating tonight. Breathitt County was the better team but not by much, the Bears had this game in hand even with 8 minutes to go in the 4th quarter, I believe it was #17 that dropped a wide open TD pass to be within 6. Very close game and Proud of those Bears. They made a lot of people eat some crow who said they were going to get waxed this week.
Channing was pointing at some Breathitt fans that made their way over to the Harlan Co sideline. It was some of his classmates. We must have been watching a different cause I couldnt see that Harlan Co had this game in hand with 8 mins to go in the fourth.
i knew harlan couldnt makeup that much diff beteewn the to teams in a couple of weeks..and i dont think that an harlan /belfry would be good either,it would be all belfry
I'm proud of the Black Bears, they came out ready to play. First half, held Fugatte out of the endzone, Breathitt into pass mode. The Bears go into the half with the lead 28-21. Breathitt gets the ball first to begin the 2nd half, Fugatte TD, Bears TD, Fugatte TD(34-33), Bear Punt, Fugatte TD, very late in the third quarter things turn bad for the Bears. The Bears down by 12 or 13 move quickly to the red zone with hopes of cutting the score to less than a touchdown(3rd and three) pass intercepted, Bears hold the Bobcats but roughing the punter gives the Bobcats the automatic first down, Fugatte TD, Fugatte TD..... this 4th qtr belonged to Fugatte. The Bears were in this one until the interception late in the third, and couldn't answer Fugatte's scoring. Mr. Fugatte is the real deal. On both sides of the ball. Athleticism, agility, power, size, and speed. He really opened up in the 2nd half. The Black Bears made a valiant effort and nearly pulled it off. Good season for the Black Bears. Enjoyed every minute.Hats off to the Bobcats. Good luck in the weeks to come. GO BEARS!!!!
Box Top Wrote:You must have gotten the wrong number, #42 is one of the classiest and most respectful player in the game. He reached and pointed to the Heavens as he does on every TD and they flagged him. He said nothing, he is just a hard nose player that leaves it all on the field. On the other hand, I never heard Channing Fugate say anything but everytime he was tackled on the HC sideline he always taunted the team by looking at us in the stands and raising his arms and clapping and pointing at the players on the sidelines, very arrogate IMO and on two touchdowns the refs ignored both celebration runs when he would long stride and leap into the EZ, yet they called the PF on #42 for raising his arm to the SKY in thanks. Pitiful officiating tonight. Breathitt County was the better team but not by much, the Bears had this game in hand even with 8 minutes to go in the 4th quarter, I believe it was #17 that dropped a wide open TD pass to be within 6. Very close game and Proud of those Bears. They made a lot of people eat some crow who said they were going to get waxed this week.
Looks like your forgetting the WIDE OPEN drop for a TD by #80 just before the half that would have given US another score.Can't go on COULDA'.
Congrats Breathitt
bluegrassballa Wrote:Harlan County came into this game fired up and really ready to play. Returned the opening kick off for a touchdown and there it began. Defense and offense played amazing in the first half. Score was 28-21 in favor of Harlan. Second half Harlan came out flat. They lost all the intensity and momentum from the 1st half. Really a close game until about 5 to go in the 3rd quarter. One **** of a football game until then. Channing Fugate is a monster. He had 371 yards rushing along with 5 touchdowns. Jade haddix had 1 rushing touchdown and 3 passing touchdowns. #34 for Breathitt had a great game also. #42 for Harlan has a bad attitude as a football player. He was running his mouth to the Breathitt players and punched one in the helmet. He had a bad attitude from what I seen. But all in all, one great football game tonight.
Fugate is going to be the best player on the field in any game and he has proven that all year. Like I said on another post Haddix is the X factor for Breathitt.