Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Election Thread
Probably more projections in 11 minutes...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Democrats are ahead 47-30 in Senate.
CNN projects:

McCain - Alabama

McCain - 43
Obama - 102
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
NC's new Gov. has regional ties - she's a coalfields girl

http://projects.newsobserver.com/dome/pr...rly_perdue
CNN projects:

Obama - Rhode Island
Obama - Michigan
Obama - New York
Obama - Minnesota
Obama - Wisconsin

McCain - Wyoming
McCain - North Dakota

Total:

Obama - 174
McCain - 49
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
With CNN' Obama total to 174, realistically he only needs about 50 more votes.
MSNBC has it projected right now 175-70
Go Obama and I hope Lunsford beats McConnell. Need to get rid of all the republicans!!!!
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Go Obama and I hope Lunsford beats McConnell. Need to get rid of all the republicans!!!!
Democrats must be thrilled to have your endorsement. But it does help explain some of your posts Wink.
U.S. Senate count:

Dems - 51

Repub. - 33
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
U.S. Senate count:

Dems - 52
Repub. - 33
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CNN projects McCain wins Georgia:

McCain - 64
Obama - 174
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CNN projects McConnell wins in KY.

U.S. Senate count:

Dems - 52
Repub. - 35
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
What the **** is that supposed to mean?
CNN projects McCain wins W. Virginia:

McCain - 69
Obama - 174
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Keep this thread on topic you two. If you have personal questions or comments you can PM each other, but keep it out of here.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:CNN projects McConnell wins in KY.

U.S. Senate count:

Dems - 52
Repub. - 35
Moral victory. :o
Ohio to Obama
CNN projects Obama wins Ohio:

Obama - 194
McCain - 69
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Game, Set, Match.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Game, Set, Match.

Well it's about guaranteed that Obama wil get Cali. so that would make give him 249 and he only needs 270.

Oregon and Washington will probably go Dem. as well.

This one is over.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:Well it's about guaranteed that Obama wil get Cali. so that would make give him 249 and he only needs 270.

Oregon and Washington will probably go Dem. as well.

This one is over.
CNN theoretically gave all states but CA, WA, OR, and Hawaii and he still isn't at 270.
Panther Thunder Wrote:CNN theoretically gave all states but CA, WA, OR, and Hawaii and he still isn't at 270.

Yep, I was watching. With Obama taking Washington, Oregon, California, and Hawaii it will def. put him over.

Then Obama will probably get Iowa and has a good shot at Florida too. Ohio was the last nail in the coffin for McCain. I expect a speech from McCain before 11 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CNN gives New Mexico to Obama and Louisiana to McCain:

Obama - 199
McCain - 78
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Popular vote is 50-49 Obama. Makes one think, is the Electoral College outdated?
Panther Thunder Wrote:Popular vote is 50-49 Obama. Makes one think, is the Electoral College outdated?

The electoral college is the reason Gore lost in 2000. But let me give you the political science class answer: the reason we have the electoral college is so that small states with low populations still have some say in the outcome of the election.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:The electoral college is the reason Gore lost in 2000.
Can anyone give a good reason as to why it is still in place? Because to me, it seems a vote for McCain in Cali means nothing. Likewise Obama vote in KY.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Can anyone give a good reason as to why it is still in place? Because to me, it seems a vote for McCain in Cali means nothing. Likewise Obama vote in KY.

The reason we have the electoral college is so that small states with low populations still have some say in the outcome of the election.

However, some say that the electoral college was originally put in place because the government did not necessarily trust the general population. Now we are much more educated and knowledgeable, but I still think that it gives states like Alaska, Rhode Island, Montana, etc. some say in the outcome of the election.

Personally, if it were up to me, I would throw out the electoral college and go on popular vote alone.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:The reason we have the electoral college is so that small states with low populations still have some say in the outcome of the election.

However, some say that the electoral college was originally put in place because the government did not necessarily trust the general population. Now we are much more educated and knowledgeable, but I still think that it gives states like Alaska, Rhode Island, Montana, etc. some say in the outcome of the election.

Personally, if it were up to me, I would throw out the electoral college and go on popular vote alone.
I agree.
CNN projects:

Obama wins Iowa

McCain wins Utah and Kansas

Obama - 206
McCain - 89
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]