Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley Vs. Grundy (VA) (Predictions)
How do you think the very underrated Wildcats fair in this tough game next Friday night?
This game will be the eyeopener for the naysayers of Shelby Valley.Grundy has always been a tough football team, usually making it to at least the second round of the Virginia 2A playoffs year in and year out.Valley will have their hands full, but this contest should validate the wildcats team, as far as being a threat in district 8. SV has the tools to win this game IMO, Speed,size, and unlike years past, determination! If Valley's offense can limit their mistakes and their aggressive defense can stiffel Grundy's all state running back, then a 3rd win will be in valley's immediate future.I love watching them play this year,their the hardest hitting team I've seen this season,it's like their all playing angery and take it personally when teams score on them.I believe they've allowed 14 points in 2 games ,both coming from missed assignments in the secondary.GET that problem fixed and make few mistakes on offense and The wildcats will be 3-0 come Saturday morning.

Shelby Valley---28
Grundy Va------14
The Shelby Valley program is a microchasm of the University of Kentucky football team. Same colors, same mascot, practically the same fight song, and above all else fans who get completely dillusional over wins against cupcake competition.

Valley will not win this game... year in and year out Valley strugglesin two aspects:
1. Lack of team speed
2. Lack of physical presence

#2 will kill the Wildcats as those Grundy boys will hit, and hit hard.

Grundy 35
Valley 6
Grundy wins this one big

Grundy-42
Valley-0
Grundy
I put my confidence in the the cats for this one. South Floyd was a slight awakening for them last week when SF pulled ahead by 1. The team just wasn't ready. However, once they realized their fault they came back with a vengeance easily running their score up from the coveted wishbone. As for the physical aspect...Shelby Valley can hit. If my cats do lose on this it won't be a huge blowout. They'll be ready I assure you. Don't get me wrong, Grundy is an excellent team, but the Wildcats are also rising. Come on Wildcats, lets show em how its done in the TRUE Valley....

Valley 21
Grundy 14
Grundy
We do have the speed and focus that many people think we don't have this year, but we are alot better then the past Wildcats has been! Not saying there not no good but we have gotten better each year! So if the cats hit hard like they been doin this year and getting there work done on the Offence, it will be a tight close game to wach.

SV--21
GRUNDY--14
Darkness_on_the_field Wrote:I put my confidence in the the cats for this one. South Floyd was a slight awakening for them last week when SF pulled ahead by 1. The team just wasn't ready. However, once they realized their fault they came back with a vengeance easily running their score up from the coveted wishbone. As for the physical aspect...Shelby Valley can hit. If my cats do lose on this it won't be a huge blowout. They'll be ready I assure you. Don't get me wrong, Grundy is an excellent team, but the Wildcats are also rising. Come on Wildcats, lets show em how its done in the TRUE Valley....

Valley 21
Grundy 14

I totally agree with you! Hope valley pulls away with the victory because they are the underdogs this year! SHOW WHAT VALLEY IS MADE OF!
SV---------00
grundy----62

Not going to be pretty for wildcats.