Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5th District seeding update........
At this time, the points are as follows if I am correct by counting the number of wins by teams the three contenders have beaten have.

1. Wayne County 16
2. Taylor 12
3. Somerset 11
4. Garrard
Twitter: @tc_analytics

so who would each team play in the first round of playoffs
The College One Wrote:so who would each team play in the first round of playoffs
Powell Co. @ Wayne Co.
Harlan Co. @ Taylor County
Somerset @ Estill Co.
Garrard Co. @ Breathitt Co.

The Harlan\Taylor game would be interesting....Somerset while not as good as they have been in the past few seasons, is still the best team in the district. Harlan has Somerset coming up in the regular season and that game would help Somerset as far as points if they can get that win.

Match-ups are subject to change with the top 3 seeds in the 5th district. The 6th district is set.

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Powell Co. @ Wayne Co.
Harlan Co. @ Taylor County
Somerset @ Estill Co.
Garrard Co. @ Breathitt Co.

The Harlan\Taylor game would be interesting....Somerset while not as good as they have been in the past few seasons, is still the best team in the district. Harlan has Somerset coming up in the regular season and that game would help Somerset as far as points if they can get that win.

Match-ups are subject to change with the top 3 seeds in the 5th district. The 6th district is set.

I could see TC making it to the 3rd or maybe semi-final round of the playoffs at least just depends also i thought that all district's where playing in there own district this year or did it change?
GoCards! Wrote:I could see TC making it to the 3rd or maybe semi-final round of the playoffs at least just depends also i thought that all district's where playing in there own district this year or did it change?
It changed to district 1 plays 2, 3 plays 4, 5 plays 6 and so on.

GoCards! Wrote:I could see TC making it to the 3rd or maybe semi-final round of the playoffs at least just depends also i thought that all district's where playing in there own district this year or did it change?
TC needs to take care of business against Hart County and Caverna and if they can pull off a 1-2 seed, they can very well make it through a round or two in the playoffs. District 6 is tougher 1-3 than is district 5. This is shaping up to be another great post-season.

I like the optimism but Taylor will not make it past Breathitt, but I hope that they get the opportunity to play them because my parents live a mile from the Breathitt High and I would have a place to stay and not have to drive back three hours.

Will the brackets look like this????

Breathitt
vs
Garrard

Harlan
vs.
Taylor

Wayne
vs.
Powell

Estill
vs
Somerset
I took a look at the points each team has and they are updated from the last numbers I gave....Wayne has 19, Somerset has 15, and Taylor has 13. If these numbers are off, please let me know. I counted the number of wins the opponents of the three contenders. I only counted the wins of the teams in which the contenders won the game....Is that the right way?

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I took a look at the points each team has and they are updated from the last numbers I gave....Wayne has 19, Somerset has 15, and Taylor has 13. If these numbers are off, please let me know. I counted the number of wins the opponents of the three contenders. I only counted the wins of the teams in which the contenders won the game....Is that the right way?

Yes you added it up right
Thanks for the update on the district.
Meaty Wrote:Thanks for the update on the district.
At this time the matchups would be.....Powell Co. @ Wayne; Harlan @ Somerset (Also meed in the last game of regular season); Taylor @ Estill; and Garrard @ Breathitt....I am not sure of the bracket....Can anyone help with that?

Breathitt, Estill, Harlan, Powell I will refer to as East dist.

Somerset dist. I will refer to as the West.

Is this correct????

East 1
vs.
West 4

East 3
vs.
West 2

-------------------------

West 1
vs
East 4

East 2
vs.
West 3
RUNNING DOWNHILL Wrote:Breathitt, Estill, Harlan, Powell I will refer to as East dist.

Somerset dist. I will refer to as the West.

Is this correct????

East 1
vs.
West 4

East 3
vs.
West 2

-------------------------

West 1
vs
East 4

East 2
vs.
West 3

That is correct.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I like the optimism but Taylor will not make it past Breathitt, but I hope that they get the opportunity to play them because my parents live a mile from the Breathitt High and I would have a place to stay and not have to drive back three hours.

I don't see them getting to Breathitt if they play Estill first.
NIECE Wrote:I don't see them getting to Breathitt if they play Estill first.
Me either, but anything can happen.....They are trying to get Thomas back by playoff time and that could help if he is healthy...I just hope that they are not being selfish and risking this kids future.....He will be a good player at a small college.

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I took a look at the points each team has and they are updated from the last numbers I gave....Wayne has 19, Somerset has 15, and Taylor has 13. If these numbers are off, please let me know. I counted the number of wins the opponents of the three contenders. I only counted the wins of the teams in which the contenders won the game....Is that the right way?

Actually, this is not quite right.

You only count 4 wins in the tie-breaker point system. And you can't count a win against any of the other 2 teams you are involved in the tie with as one of your 4.

So the points at this time are as follows.

Wayne Co has 13: Pulaski Co 5, Russell Co 3, Garrard Co 3, Casey Co 2
Somerset has 9: Metcalfe Co 3, Garrard Co 3, Casey Co 2, Jackson Co 1
Taylor Co has 8: Garrard Co 3, Campbellsville 2, Casey Co 2, Jackson Co 1
Buc-a-roo Wrote:Actually, this is not quite right.

You only count 4 wins in the tie-breaker point system. And you can't count a win against any of the other 2 teams you are involved in the tie with as one of your 4.

Ok, thanks for the correction......I was just going by what other people were saying was the tie-breaker system.

Buc-a-roo Wrote:Actually, this is not quite right.

If you count four wins, which wins do you count? Somerset plays Harlan which has 5 wins and if they beat the Black Bears, will that win count?

TIE-BREAKER (more than two teams). Should three or more
teams tie for the a district position based upon the win-loss
record, the position shall be determined by the following:
i) If one of the teams has defeated each of the other teams
tied in games contested between them, that team shall be
declared to hold the highest position, and the winner of the
game between the remaining teams (if less than four) shall
be declared the second highest position. In the event of
more than three teams being tied, where one has defeated
each of the tied teams, that team shall be declared the
highest position, and the tie-breaking procedure shall be
re-applied for the remaining tied teams.

ii)
If the tie remains, each team tied for the position shall
receive one point for each game won by any four of their
defeated opponents in all games, except for the games
played between any two of the tied teams. All games played
shall be counted in applying the tie-breaking procedure,
including out of state games, with the exception that a
defeated school may be counted only once in the procedure
regardless of the number of games played against that
particular school. Teams awarded forfeit victories (whether
or not a forfeit fee is paid) may count the defeated opponents
of the forfeiting team, provided the game was not replaced
on the schedule.

iii)
If the tie remains after application of provision (ii), an
additional defeated opponent’s wins will be added to the
point total for each team until the tie is broken and the
winner of the tied position declared, or until all games are
exhausted.

iv) If the tie for the position involves only three teams, and the
application of (ii) and (iii) results in one team being declared
the winner of the tied position based on point totals, the
highest point total from the application of (ii) and (iii)
between the two remaining tied teams shall be declared to
hold the next position.

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:If you count four wins, which wins do you count? Somerset plays Harlan which has 5 wins and if they beat the Black Bears, will that win count?

Yes, you pick the best four wins to get you the most points. A win over Corbin would move Somerset up, but that will be tough. Taylor has a couple of winnable games and could move into second by winning both, unless Somerset beats Corbin, and would take second with one more win if Somerset doesn't beat Harlan County or Corbin.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:If you count four wins, which wins do you count? Somerset plays Harlan which has 5 wins and if they beat the Black Bears, will that win count?
You count whichever 4 you want, or the 4 that gives you the most points in other words.

If Somerset beats Corbin or Harlan Co, they would count them instead of Jackson Co or Casey Co because they would get more points for them.
I have a question. Are teams 2-4 all tied. If so the rankings may change if one team loses or another team picks up a big win.
bac2369 Wrote:I have a question. Are teams 2-4 all tied. If so the rankings may change if one team loses or another team picks up a big win.
1-3 are tied.....Wayne, Somerset, and Taylor all have one loss in district. Wayne beat Taylor, Taylor beat Somerset, and Somerset beat Wayne.

bac2369 Wrote:I have a question. Are teams 2-4 all tied. If so the rankings may change if one team loses or another team picks up a big win.
The seeding of 1-3 will not be finalized until the last week of the season. Taylor has Hart County and Caverna on their schedule to finish the season and they need to win out to have a chance to be a 1-2 seed.

If Taylor wins just one they move ahead of Somerset if Somerset loses to Corbin and Harlan County.
palmer Wrote:If Taylor wins just one they move ahead of Somerset if Somerset loses to Corbin and Harlan County.
I think that Somerset has a really good shot at Harlan County, but they will have to play better than they have lately.

Wayne co. has to beat Monroe co. which just beat a very good Green co.
If Taylor wins out and Wayne loses to Monroe, Taylor should be the #1 SEED on the tiebreaker. Correct me if I'm wrong?
F.N.L. Wrote:Wayne co. has to beat Monroe co. which just beat a very good Green co.
If Taylor wins out and Wayne loses to Monroe, Taylor should be the #1 SEED on the tiebreaker. Correct me if I'm wrong?

If Taylor wins out the point system should not come into play. That has been a confusing district with everyone beating everyone. Not a lot of defense being played according to the scores and that does not fare well for them playing Breathitt and Estill.
NIECE Wrote:If Taylor wins out the point system should not come into play. That has been a confusing district with everyone beating everyone. Not a lot of defense being played according to the scores and that does not fare well for them playing Breathitt and Estill.
The tie breaker will be in effect. All 3 teams finished with identical district records and they all beat each other. (A beat B, B beat C, C beat A)

The first 3 spots will be determined by the tie breaker point system outlined above, no question.