Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell
61.36%
Mason County
38.64%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mason County @ Russell - Oct 24
Who wins?
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
Mason in a close one
I like Russell in this one. 35-21.
Are the two girls(sisters) who kick PAT's and Kick-off still on the team???
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
Mason resembles SK with look and color to boot. i dont know if they will play like SK, but if the Devils dont play as a team,,, it will be the same result.....
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Just like any other game that Russell has played this year, it will depend on how bad the players for Russell want to win. Is there anything that will motivate these kids??
mason county blows russell out of the water.
34-7
sore_looser Wrote:Just like any other game that Russell has played this year, it will depend on how bad the players for Russell want to win. Is there anything that will motivate these kids??
Mine takes money! LOL
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
schs_06 Wrote:mason county blows russell out of the water.
34-7
AT- EASE! It will be a close one. However, it all depends if these kids are prepaired defensively. They (Russell) have struggled defensively up to this point. Maybe they can get it together before friday.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
Mason county in no way resembles Simon Kenton.

They have a good running back in Thompson but he is nowhere close to being as good as Simpson was for SK.

They have a sophmore QB with some talent. Similar to the Shepherd kid from Lawrence County

They have some quick kids at the WR positions that played alot last year. This might be the strongest aspect of the Mason County team

They lost most of the line from a year ago.

Coach Buchanan will run alot of different formations trying to get one on one matchups on bubble screens and quick slants. Then pound Thompson of tackle. Throw in some reverses for and QB draws. They will spread you out, so you better wrap up and run alot of people to the ball.

Russell should move the ball against them. Abrams had a big day against them last year.

The deciding factor will be the Russell defense IMO. If they play their assignments and are agressive I think Russell wins this one by 2 TDs.
jgrubby Wrote:AT- EASE! It will be a close one. However, it all depends if these kids are prepaired defensively. They (Russell) have struggled defensively up to this point. Maybe they can get it together before friday.

AT-EASE I HEAR THAT ENOUGH. RUSSELL WILL GET BLEW OUT. MASON CO IS JUST TO GOOD.
I've watched Mason in a scrimmage against Ashland as well as Russell @ Ashland and Russell is the better of the two teams, but not by a lot. Mason's defense was slightly better, but Russell's offense seemed much more potent.

Russell 21
Mason 14
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
jgrubby Wrote:Are the two girls(sisters) who kick PAT's and Kick-off still on the team???

I don't know if they are sisters but they are two girls on the team.

The thing i think mason has that will give Russell trouble is the passing game. They have some dudes that can go get it and a QB that can get it to them.Mason is playing pretty good now .

I want Russell to win but I will have to go with Mason. I hope you prove me wrong Red Devils.
schs_06 Wrote:AT-EASE I HEAR THAT ENOUGH. RUSSELL WILL GET BLEW OUT. MASON CO IS JUST TO GOOD.

You would really like to see that but I am sorry to tell you that probably won't happen.
I will Take the devils by two Td's Abram's will have another big night as long as the line gets there blocks, also i think you will see a better D out of the Devils this weeks as well.
I'll take the Red Devils in this one by 10.

Best of luck to both!
I'm not real sure what is going to happen in this game. In 8 games Russell has tackled poorly. I'm not so sure that they can improve in one week with the tackling. I still think that they can win this game with the bad tackling. If they give the ball away 4 times like they did against SK they cannot win. I will hope they hang onto the ball and win this big game. This is the biggest regular season game that Russell has. I hope they can put 4 quarters together a win.
I just hope the STORM comes Friday, I ma very impressed with his play.....
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
kybaseball Wrote:I don't know if they are sisters but they are two girls on the team.

The thing i think mason has that will give Russell trouble is the passing game. They have some dudes that can go get it and a QB that can get it to them.Mason is playing pretty good now .

I want Russell to win but I will have to go with Mason. I hope you prove me wrong Red Devils.
Home field advantage may help Russell prevail. I found some info on the girls. They have the same last name. But it may not prove that they are sisters. But what are the odds?

81 Rebecca Batey Off: K,Def: K, Sr.
80 Jessica Batey Off: K,Def: K, Sr.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
jgrubby Wrote:Home field advantage may help Russell prevail. I found some info on the girls. They have the same last name. But it may not prove that they are sisters. But what are the odds?

81 Rebecca Batey Off: K,Def: K, Sr.
80 Jessica Batey Off: K,Def: K, Sr.

They aren't just sisters, they are twins.
I think the weak competition this year has realluy hurt this team as far as preperation goes, and overall playing time. Teh passing game is off because we have thrown an avg of 5 passes a game, so AJ doesnt seem comfortable at all and has no rhythym, we didn't even throw one pass until 6 minutes left in the first half. We have guys going down with cramps in week 8, that just shows that the first team playing less than half the game all season has really hurt us.
So the pass game is out for now, unless AJ can step up and not be worried about being hit and deliver some passes, Russell won't win another game this year. Of course Ivan has to do a better job of throwin early and getting AJ in the game. I haven't seen a player Russell has played against yet that AJ should be worried about taking a hit from and there are none remaining on the schedule as I have seen both teams play.

The D is just poor. Of course Simpson is no joke and he is by far the best player we have played this year, he makes it look so easy. SK was much better than I expected. I also think they are coming into their own too. They could beat any EKY team with maybe the exception of JC, I think JC would take them down. Sad thing Russell was in this game and just couldn't pull through.

SK did a good job of spreading the field and getting Simpson one on one with defenders, Simpson wins against anybody. I think the defensive scheme they tried they must have gotten from film of watching a team that beat SK, probably Boone Co. but just because it worked for Boone doesn't mean it will for us, Boone has much better defensive players and are probably the 3rd best 6A team.

Attitude wise I see the same attitude Ive seen for years @ Russell. You all want to act like Jones and them were great leaders, they were to an extent, but Russell kids are Russell kids. They don't get up for games very often, its how it has always been that way. Yes they care, but they don't show alot of emotion, not to mention none of us can hear what is being said on the field. I find it interesting that we put all the lack of emotion on the kids and not the coaches, who are the ones who are responsible for keeping the players motivated with words of encouragement, or have we just gotten used to the way it is. Where no leadership comes from the sideline except play calling and butt rippings on missed assignments.
Russell
Russell in a close one!
Russell pulls it out.
[quote=Beetle01]I think the weak competition this year has realluy hurt this team as far as preperation goes, and overall playing time.
Attitude wise I see the same attitude Ive seen for years @ Russell. You all want to act like Jones and them were great leaders, they were to an extent, but Russell kids are Russell kids. They don't get up for games very often, its how it has always been that way. Yes they care, but they don't show alot of emotion, not to mention none of us can hear what is being said on the field.[/QUOTE]

Pulled these two clips out to comment on. I think for "This Years 08" team you are absolutely right on about the weak competition hurting this team. They have not used each week to get better at what they do, they just seem to go through the motions enough to get the win and go see what the boosters have fixed for them to eat after the game.

On the second comment (underlined), I also want to agree with beetle01 but also add that this attitude must be genetic. I have had family from out of town come in to watch mine play , and they almost always comment how laid back our crowd is. They ask questions like, "Are you guys that good?" , "Is the team your playing that bad?" "Where are all the students at?" I can remember mine be out there getting ready for the opening kickoff, feverishly pumping his hands up and down to try and get the crowd into the game only to be shot down by silence. I remember last year, even during the 2nd round Mason Co. there were empty seats to be found everywhere on a perfect night for football. And the crowd didn't start getting into it, until the second half when Mason starting making a little run. As for the student section being half-empty, a perfect example can be found this year. We were running late for the Boyd Co game this year(1st home game). Seats were hard to come by as we walked in. That is until we reached the roped off student section where only about half the seats were taken. Why is that? But I guess maybe there were more than that there, because I seen quite a few, just walking around, texting, talking, socializing and visiting behind the stands in the walkways. I guess it was more a social event that a sporting event to them. (These are my perceptions. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe this happens at other teams home games as well-- I don't know)

Sorry to ramble. In summary, you are right beetle01
I will take Mason County by six !!!!!!!!:rockon:
Russelldad Wrote:Pulled these two clips out to comment on. I think for "This Years 08" team you are absolutely right on about the weak competition hurting this team. They have not used each week to get better at what they do, they just seem to go through the motions enough to get the win and go see what the boosters have fixed for them to eat after the game.

On the second comment (underlined), I also want to agree with beetle01 but also add that this attitude must be genetic. I have had family from out of town come in to watch mine play , and they almost always comment how laid back our crowd is. They ask questions like, "Are you guys that good?" , "Is the team your playing that bad?" "Where are all the students at?" I can remember mine be out there getting ready for the opening kickoff, feverishly pumping his hands up and down to try and get the crowd into the game only to be shot down by silence. I remember last year, even during the 2nd round Mason Co. there were empty seats to be found everywhere on a perfect night for football. And the crowd didn't start getting into it, until the second half when Mason starting making a little run. As for the student section being half-empty, a perfect example can be found this year. We were running late for the Boyd Co game this year(1st home game). Seats were hard to come by as we walked in. That is until we reached the roped off student section where only about half the seats were taken. Why is that? But I guess maybe there were more than that there, because I seen quite a few, just walking around, texting, talking, socializing and visiting behind the stands in the walkways. I guess it was more a social event that a sporting event to them. (These are my perceptions. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe this happens at other teams home games as well-- I don't know)

Sorry to ramble. In summary, you are right beetle01

Being a past booster president I know what you speak of in the first blod part. We had our share of those.

As for the second bold part mine did the exact same thing as your except earlier years. Same number and everything.Big Grin
For Russell to have the kind of finish they want to the season, everyone on this team has to get on the same page. Play for each other and not for individual goals. Block every play, tackle every ball carrier, defend every pass as though it is the last chance you will ever get to do so. Because for some of you this year will be. Play for each other and the glory will be greater. Do your job on the field and do your best for the team and the reward will be greater than anything you can do on your own.
FBALL Wrote:For Russell to have the kind of finish they want to the season, everyone on this team has to get on the same page. Play for each other and not for individual goals. Block every play, tackle every ball carrier, defend every pass as though it is the last chance you will ever get to do so. Because for some of you this year will be. Play for each other and the glory will be greater. Do your job on the field and do your best for the team and the reward will be greater than anything you can do on your own.
WOW, that gave me chills. Spoken from a true sportsman. How do you tell them this when it falls on deaf ears. How do we get this message to them? Not all of them get on here. That is when we need a leader to relay what it means.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
What leader? There is no leader on this team and I think that is part of the problem. Yea, I know some of the players want to think of themselves as leaders but just yelling at people and not showing it on the field is not a leader. That is part of the problem eith this team.

sorry to rant alittle bit but I had to get that off my chest.