Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen Central 58 - Betsy Layne 30
Congrats Rebels!! Allen Central moves to 4-2 on the season with their win tonight.

AC came out strong the 1st quarter but started making some sloppy mistakes and let the game get a little out of control. The Rebels regrouped and kept their focus and brought win #4 home tonight. AC saw TD's scored by Hunter Crowder, Logan Crowder, Chris Stumbo, Travis Adkins and Mickie Parsons. Justin Jackson didn't find the endzone for a touchdown (that I can recall) but he certainly came to play defense tonight.

Congrats to the Rebels on the win tonight. Next week is AC's open week- let's use this time to work and get ready for the next 4 games. The Rebels will travel to Jackson County on the 17th. Good Luck on the rest of the season Rebels.

GO AC!!
Bl has went a little downhill from what was supposed to be a little better season with a pretty good coach
Could easily be 5-1; good job Rebels.
Big win for the Rebels...unless something crazy happens, this will give AC the 3rd seed and BL the 4th seed in the playoffs. If everything shapes up as planned this means AC will get Harlan in the first round, and BL will make a trip to Hazard.
Congrats, Rebel's
Just wondering...How do the playoffs work? How is it determined who plays whom? Why would AC play Harlan, who was 1-3 entering tonight, and BL play Hazard if they're not in the same district? I wasn't sure how the format worked.

Thanks in advance!
There are 8 districts. Dist. 1 vs. Dist 2; Dist 3 vs Dist 4; Dist 5 vs. Dist 6; Dist 7 vs. Dist8. WIth in the 2 district match up- seed 1 vs. seed 4 and seed 2 vs. seed 3. If things play out- then AC would take on Harlan and BL would take on Hazzard. The winner of those 2 games would then play. As things stand now- Pikeville and Paintsville would take on Jenkins and/or Pineveille.
Congrats AC you are on a roll.
gotcha2 Wrote:There are 8 districts. Dist. 1 vs. Dist 2; Dist 3 vs Dist 4; Dist 5 vs. Dist 6; Dist 7 vs. Dist8. WIth in the 2 district match up- seed 1 vs. seed 4 and seed 2 vs. seed 3. If things play out- then AC would take on Harlan and BL would take on Hazzard. The winner of those 2 games would then play. As things stand now- Pikeville and Paintsville would take on Jenkins and/or Pineveille.
So...just to make sure I understand...

District 7 #1 vs. District 8 #4
District 7 #2 vs. District 8 #3
District 7 #3 vs. District 8 #2
District 7 #4 vs. District 8 #1

Is that right? :confused:
StrikeoutKing Wrote:So...just to make sure I understand...

District 7 #1 vs. District 8 #4
District 7 #2 vs. District 8 #3
District 7 #3 vs. District 8 #2
District 7 #4 vs. District 8 #1

Is that right? :confused:
You got it
allseasonfan Wrote:Bl has went a little downhill from what was supposed to be a little better season with a pretty good coach

I have to disagree with this statement! They'll make the playoffs for the first time in school history. Finish the season with 4 maybe 5 wins. And return all of their offense for next season. However, about the AC game, they were only down 12 late in the third quarter, and a couple poor passing calls led to 2 defensive touchdowns by AC. They're young, and I must say, only better things will come from Betsy Layne in the future! IMO BL's defense came out and made some big stops on the Crowder twins, who are 2 hard-nose backs who have some wheels behind their big bodies. So to say BL has went downhill, is a little off, IMO.....
I think if it wasnt for the Int returns this game would have been alot diffrent.
gish_7 Wrote:You got it
Awesome! Thanks. Big Grin
I'll agree- there are some bright spots on BL's team and if they are returning their entire offense- that will be great for them. AC played sloppy at times during this game and BL stayed focused and made it work to their advantage. The Rebels have to play 4 complete quarters to get the job done in any given week. Don't know anything about Coach Parsons- other than to say he appears to be a nice guy- but it looks like he just might have BL headed in the right direction. After all - Rome wasn't built in a day. I believe this is Jeremy Hall's 6th year as the head coach at AC-and it takes a group of dedicated players and parents to aid in the building of a program. It looks like BL has a group of parents/players ready to assist Coach Parsons in building his program.
Good Luck Bobcats and Coach Parsons!

At one point last night AC had 8 Freshmen, 1 Junior and 2 Sophomores on the field. Congrats to them for a great job last night. The Rebel fans saw plenty of talent and potential with that group. Also- a big thumbs up to Freshmen Paul Mullins-this is Paul's first season of football and he had a number of tackles to his credit last night. NICE JOB PAUL-KEEP WORKING!! Mickie Parsons made some nice stops- and with his speed had a few nice runs as well - including one TD run. Travis Adkins (Freshmen) also scored for the Rebels.

Congrats Rebels!
Good game both...BL D LOOKED SHARP AT TIMES AND IF NOT FOR TURNOVERS WOULD HAV BEEN MUCH CLOSER ...
BL looked as if they was going to make a comeback in the 3rd but some costly turnovers lost them the ball game.
Allen Central started out like a house fire but like mentioned made some mistakes in the 2nd half but managed to hang on. Was wondering how many completions and attempts did BL's quarterback have? Would like to know that he threw the ball all over the field.
Congratson the win.
Congrats Rebels.
thought bl was goin to make a comeback in the 3rd this ac team didnt really impress me this game
I'm still wondering how this same AC team put up 42 against Pikeville's defense??????
Keep your heads up bobcats,coach Parsons is a nice person and good a coach.BL is young, dont forget bobcat fans we went 2 year without a win and coach P and the bobcats might be heading to the playoffs this year. not bad in only his second year, :redboxer:
100%SUCCESS Wrote:I'm still wondering how this same AC team put up 42 against Pikeville's defense??????
Their offense is not the problem, their D is pretty bad though.
Go Ac!
100%SUCCESS Wrote:I have to disagree with this statement! They'll make the playoffs for the first time in school history. Finish the season with 4 maybe 5 wins. And return all of their offense for next season. However, about the AC game, they were only down 12 late in the third quarter, and a couple poor passing calls led to 2 defensive touchdowns by AC. They're young, and I must say, only better things will come from Betsy Layne in the future! IMO BL's defense came out and made some big stops on the Crowder twins, who are 2 hard-nose backs who have some wheels behind their big bodies. So to say BL has went downhill, is a little off, IMO.....

They don't return their whole offense. They return Maldonado, Adkins, Martin and Jarrell. But, without an off. line and a def. line for that matter, your not gonna do very well. Their next four games could go either way. They won't beat Powell Co., and the rest of the games is a toss-up.
:Clap: THESE KIDS AND COACHES ARE ALL WORKING TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS RESPECT THEIR EFFORTS AND WISH BOTH SCHOOLS GOODLUCK. SO TO BOTH TEAMS PLAY ONE GAME AT A TIME. GOODLUCK
congrats AC