Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell
71.43%
Lawrence County
28.57%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell vs Lawrence County
schs_06 Wrote::lmao: funniest thing i have ever seen that will never happen

GO LC
And if it does?
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
if LC stays away from the turnovers it should be a close game.
Ivan wins another
If LC throws most of the game, then it may get ugly. Russell's DB's have improved since last year, I don't thinkthey've given up a long ball yet.

Actually I would prefer teams throw against them.
Beetle01 Wrote:If LC throws most of the game, then it may get ugly. Russell's DB's have improved since last year, I don't thinkthey've given up a long ball yet.

Actually I would prefer teams throw against them.

Bailey is a 3 year starter as a DB and the rest are 2 year starters except for Rodgers. Russell does well against the pass! So far their weekness seems to be a scrambling QB aka WILSON!
SmackDaddy2 Wrote:Bailey is a 3 year starter as a DB and the rest are 2 year starters except for Rodgers. Russell does well against the pass! So far their weekness seems to be a scrambling QB aka WILSON!
Lawrence Co has a very good scrambling QB. But if Ivan saw what adjustments the Boyd Co coaches did in the second half then he knows what it will take to stop a good scrambler. But I don't think Ivan needs any lesson's from any other coaches in this areaBig Grin Good luck to both and I would love to see LC step up and get them one Go Dawgs
I'm not that concerned about the D as much as I am the O. Our offense should not be getting stopped more than once or twice a game. Some mistakes have been made. Blocks missed, passes forced, open recievers missed. These are just things that happen at this time of the season. Russell is always a late blooming team. Ive heard it mentioned that Russell is not physical or doesn't like physical games because of what happened at Ashland. I don't think that is true, Ashland just outmanned us at the point of attack plain and simple. They brought the house and pulled backsidde guard and tackle on their trap plays which they ran multiple times for their big gains. This team went up and out played Cabel, granted it was a scrimmage, but CM is bigger, stronger and better than any line we can possibly play this year, that includes Belfry, SC, or Central. Ashland just overloaded us and we didn't make them pay for that aggressive play. I think the coaches realize we need to throw some on first down and definetly on 2nd and shorts to keep teams honest. Then this team will pound it down teams when they have to play their base D and not completely load the box with 9-11 guys.
jgrubby Wrote:And if it does?
Lawrence Co will need to send the dawg to a therapist.
I think Russell comes out and plays their best game yet!!!
Russell 35
LC 14
DevilsWin Wrote:Lawrence Co will need to send the dawg to a therapist.
They have that show on animal planet "the dog whisperer"....LOL
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
DevilsWin Wrote:Lawrence Co will need to send the dawg to a therapist.

What is it with you and all the rude comments about Lawrence County? Not just on this thread, but all threads about LC. Nothing positive. Football or baseball its the same story. Chill out
The title is Blue Grass Rivals not Blue Grass Sweeties. Just having some fun and its nothing personal.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
I never said it was... It just gets old reading the same old stuff thats all
Tell ya what, If Lawrence Co. pulls the upset, You'll never see any thing posted but congrats by the majority from Russell. Maybe even DW, Maybe, don't know can't speak for him. But this site is about freedom of speech, to an extent. Don't like it, pay no attention to it. Heck, you don't even have to say something if you do. I'm sure there is a few down in Louisa talking a little trash on here about the Ole Devils......Not goinna' get bent out of shape here. Kinda like the rival part. Talk is part of the game. Those who get mad usually lose. IMO
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
Go Dawgs!!!
DevilsWin Wrote:Russell kicks Lawrence Co's Dawg!

42-0

Ok first off I hope your joking, secondly i dont see why you have no respect for lc. Look past the record and look at some games or stats. Against boyd co. three times in the red zone and we didnt score just some mis communication where we are young but i cant wait to see u all talkin crap about lc in a year or two.. Smile
mjballer23 Wrote:Ok first off I hope your joking, secondly i dont see why you have no respect for lc. Look past the record and look at some games or stats. Against boyd co. three times in the red zone and we didnt score just some mis communication where we are young but i cant wait to see u all talkin crap about lc in a year or two.. Smile
What happens in a year or two?
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
Devils get on the right track this week. I think they start playing as a team.
LC played a great game with Belfry.
Dawg Family Wrote:Lawrence Co has a very good scrambling QB. But if Ivan saw what adjustments the Boyd Co coaches did in the second half then he knows what it will take to stop a good scrambler. But I don't think Ivan needs any lesson's from any other coaches in this areaBig Grin Good luck to both and I would love to see LC step up and get them one Go Dawgs

nope
go dawgs...
Russell 35
Lawrence County 14
FBALL Wrote:Russell 35
Lawrence County 14

don't think so..
lawrence LC Wrote:don't think so..
OK.

We will find out friday.:Thumbs:
lawrence LC Wrote:don't think so..
Why is 14 too much?
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
FBALL Wrote:OK.

We will find out friday.:Thumbs:

no the dawgs are going to win this week...you wait and see...
lawrence LC Wrote:no the dawgs are going to win this week...you wait and see...
I hope the boys at LC are as fired up as you are! Love to see a great game! The Devils are defending a Homecoming weekend, so LC better be prepared.

:redboxer:
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
jgrubby Wrote:I hope the boys at LC are as fired up as you are! Love to see a great game! The Devils are defending a Homecoming weekend, so LC better be prepared.

:redboxer:

Doh!!! You shouldn't have mentioned that. :eek:

Visiting teams love messing up Homecoming cause they believe you must think they're a creampuff team.

Wink
My goodness,... can't anyone even talk a little trash with out somebody's feeling getting hurt?

Thanks JG for addressing this while I was away from my pc.

This is football we're talking about. Not Miss America!

That being said I'll say Russell wins 42-6.

McGlone works on some passing stuff late in the game and Russell puts up 400yds of offense but LC doesn't get shut out.

:devilflam :devilflam :devilflam
DevilsWin Wrote:My goodness,... can't anyone even talk a little trash with out somebody's feeling getting hurt?
Thanks JG for addressing this while I was away from my pc.

This is football we're talking about. Not Miss America!

That being said I'll say Russell wins 42-6.

McGlone works on some passing stuff late in the game and Russell puts up 400yds of offense but LC doesn't get shut out.

:devilflam :devilflam :devilflam

Really! A little trash talk doesn't hurt anything,

Ivan:rockon: will have these boys ready to fire somebody up. Not much danger of the Homecoming being spoiled.

LC could make it a closer game than people expect.