Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyd County 28 - Lawrence County 13
I think everybody just needs to take a deep breath, step back and chill. We've got alot of football ahead of us. Everyone associated with the program is trying their best, but we knew going into this season that it was going to be tough. I can understand how folks both in and out of the program can get frustrated, I mean we've won one game in two years, and I'm sure the frustration is building. What we need to remember is all the hardwork and dedication by our coaches, players, parents and supporters is not going to be for naught whether we win or not. Lessons can be learned from losing as well as from winning.
Big Dawg Wrote:You are correct. I guess it can happen to anybody-to have an off night?

Especially a young kid. QB is a tough position. Allways in the spotlight. Any mistake is magnified and when you have a kid as talented as Shepherd, people tend to take for granted all of the good plays that are made.
TheONLY1 Wrote:The thing about a player like this only comes around every 15 years was said on the radio talking about the qb....i think thats stupid since he hasn't even done anything special all season......and no i wouldn't quit I've been through what there going through losing every game week after week.....i played for them last season and so many years for them before that.....we sucked big time...it was a complete waste of time....but we were better last year then they are this year Smile by far

i totally disagree with you on this one how much did u lose buy against belfry last year what about prestonsburg......i mean people have off nights and this year has been full of them not makein excuses or anything but nethier year was that good to b compared lol
TheONLY1 Wrote:The thing about a player like this only comes around every 15 years was said on the radio talking about the qb....i think thats stupid since he hasn't even done anything special all season......and no i wouldn't quit I've been through what there going through losing every game week after week.....i played for them last season and so many years for them before that.....we sucked big time...it was a complete waste of time....but we were better last year then they are this year Smile by far

Now it makes sense. You of all people should be behind them and not bashing them on these forums. You think Louisa is that bad? Move.

Sounds to me like you have a personal problem with Shep.....
i agree with big dog
If the bulldogs want to win any games they need to keep the ball on the ground.....they cant keep on throwing.. its hurting them....3 int in the endzone..that could be 3 touchdowns......
The kid is not a qb....
TheONLY1 Wrote:LC needs a better decision maker at QB!!!!

They really do need one...
THEONLY1 needs to grow up oviously he wasent talented anough to help lc during his time ethier i garuntee he didnt win 5 games in his carrer .....................furthermore dont talk about people on the computer like that i mean if u feel so bad about shep why dont u personally talk to him and see if u can help him out if ur such an athlete.............also why r u comin to lc games and wastin 5 dollars OO my bad u want to be able to gossip on bluegrassrival.com GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well just telling the truth.....
lawrence LC Wrote:They really do need one...

You guys kill me.. This time last year everyone was pushing for them to play him as a freshman... Yes he had some picks and yet no one said anything about the carries he had.... And yes the line did break down and had pressure in his face.. The kids will work through this. with or without your guys support...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
lawrence LC Wrote:The kid is not a qb....

HA HA go back under the rock your crawled out from... This is pathetic.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
yes..he did really good running the ball...but he needs to be smart where he throws it..im still supporting and always will///
lawrence LC Wrote:If the bulldogs want to win any games they need to keep the ball on the ground.....they cant keep on throwing.. its hurting them....3 int in the endzone..that could be 3 touchdowns......

Well if you was at the game you would have seen that they took the run away so we had to throw the ball.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
lawrence LC Wrote:yes..he did really good running the ball...but he needs to be smart where he throws it..im still supporting and always will///

Oh yea with comments like you put on here really sounds like you are.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats!
Batpuff Wrote:Well if you was at the game you would have seen that they took the run away so we had to throw the ball.

yea i was there.. but thats when they need to step up and give more push off the line...
Batpuff Wrote:Oh yea with comments like you put on here really sounds like you are.

i am..
Honestly I dont really think anything you guys have said hits the spot clearly. My call on this is not the players attitudes or even the play calling. I believe that its the playbook thats not right for the dawgs. First off I would like to say that Lawrence County cannot have a spread offense. My take would be get two or three backs in the backfield. Thats what we used to run, and thats what most schools around here run. Having just one back isnt going to be enough to block 6, 7, and 8 men in the box. Whoever brought in this offense to Lawrence County, shame. Cause to be honest its crap. Lets go back to belly, and dives!
lawrencefan Wrote:I am hearing that alot of our key players are not going to finish the season. Any truth to this?
who are some of the players...
Well for starters i think i won 10 games in my career not 5 so get it right and if im correct and the 2011 in your name means when you will graduate then your only up to 1 game so far in your career and it doesn't look as if its going to get any better. MOST likely during your career you won't win half the amount of games that i won. By the way I made all-area 3 years straight Wink and football wasn't even my best sport. Another thing yes i paid 5 bucks to get into your game to see how you all were and from the looks of it pretty soon you all will have to start paying everyone 5 bucks to even come to your games.
they have wishbone in the playbook so you have no idea what your talking about
lawrence LC Wrote:The kid is not a qb....

Then what is he? And who do you suggest take the position?
TheONLY1 Wrote:Well for starters i think i won 10 games in my career not 5 so get it right and if im correct and the 2011 in your name means when you will graduate then your only up to 1 game so far in your career and it doesn't look as if its going to get any better. MOST likely during your career you won't win half the amount of games that i won. By the way I made all-area 3 years straight Wink and football wasn't even my best sport. Another thing yes i paid 5 bucks to get into your game to see how you all were and from the looks of it pretty soon you all will have to start paying everyone 5 bucks to even come to your games.

So you are admitting to everyone that you were a teammate to these boys last year? You should be ashamed of yourself.
lawrence LC Wrote:If the bulldogs want to win any games they need to keep the ball on the ground.....they cant keep on throwing.. its hurting them....3 int in the endzone..that could be 3 touchdowns......

This guy needs to go post this same message on a Russell thread. They're having arguments on the opposite sentiments.
Big Dawg Wrote:Then what is he? And who do you suggest take the position?

maybe running back..
I think all of you are missing the big issue!

SPORTSMANSHIP!

All you guys and gals are talking about is winning. No one bothers to address the horrible reputation Lawrence Co has when it comes to Class and Sportsmanship.

After seeing what's important to the Adults on here it's no wonder your kids have bad attitudes!

No all your kids are like that but the ones that are ruin it for the rest.

Everyone talks about the kids that are out there now "Working their tails off" and "Having all the heart they need".

What's "between the ears" is just as important if not more. Because you can have all the heart you need and a great work ethic but when you take the field and embarrass your community it's all for nothing.

We've seen it from kids on the football field and coaches on the baseball field. So it's not an isolated incident.

If it's just 1 kid then why is he still on the team? Set an example!

Is there a culture of "the rules don't apply to us" in Louisa?
lawrence LC Wrote:maybe running back..

And you suggest who for QB then?
DevilsWin Wrote:I think all of you are missing the big issue!

SPORTSMANSHIP!

All you guys and gals are talking about is winning. No one bothers to address the horrible reputation Lawrence Co has when it comes to Class and Sportsmanship.

After seeing what's important to the Adults on here it's no wonder your kids have bad attitudes!

No all your kids are like that but the ones that are ruin it for the rest.

Everyone talks about the kids that are out there now "Working their tails off" and "Having all the heart they need".

What's "between the ears" is just as important if not more. Because you can have all the heart you need and a great work ethic but when you take the field and embarrass your community it's all for nothing.

We've seen it from kids on the football field and coaches on the baseball field. So it's not an isolated incident.

If it's just 1 kid then why is he still on the team? Set an example!

Is there a culture of "the rules don't apply to us" in Louisa?

I disagree-I couldn't frankly care less about winning. I care that this program is rebuilding and I care that it is very tough on these boys to withstand the blackballing that seems to be so easy to give out on this forum. As usual, its all to quick to blame LC for the altercation at BC but you know how it is with hormone filled teenage boys-I'm pretty sure the jawing was happening on both sides of the ball. The baseball comment was low-I personally am proud to have a Coach that cares enough about his players to defend them.