Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County 28 - Fleming County 13
Final!
A bit closer than I thought it would be....Good Game...
Twitter: @tc_analytics

after what Breathitt did to Harlen Co tonight maybe Estill Co my get a little respect??
basketballwizz Wrote:after what Breathitt did to Harlen Co tonight maybe Estill Co my get a little respect??
Estill is a much improved team.....

Fleming had most of the team back tonight (Everyone but those with season ending injuies (3) ) and they are a fine team. There was never a true threat to this game, it was just a solid defensive team for Fleming against the double wing, which made for a lot of time to come off the clock. Estill didn't come out with the intensity we've seen so far this year, have to get that fixed before Berea comes to town next week.
After watching Estills game tonight some people say, oh well a win is a win .I am not one of those people. However I am a die hard Estill County fan. A fan that asks one question, do we have any type of passing game at all? I am well aware of the fact we have 3 great running backs but i also know that if we do not try to develop some form of a passing game it will be very difficult for our football team to advance deep into the regionals. For we all know that the competition will much better than the Powells and the Bourbons along with the Maggoffins and Bereas of the football world. I almost forgot the mighty powerhouse Phelps. That being said why are we not trying to come up with a couple passing plays while we are obviously playing these high school cup cakes. Tonights game was boring. Get with the program coach Jones this is not about piling up wins against....... well below average football teams it is also about preparing for the competition after the regular season has ended. From a fan that cares!!!!!!!!
I agree with you on one thing. This game was boring. The only moment that sticks out is covey's big td run. Other than that, nothing happened in this game. It didn't seem like anyone wanted to play...on either team. I had a feeling something like this would happen, but definitely not to this extent. They better pick it up or berea will embarass them next week. As far as the passing game goes, Estill has passing plays. They just don't run them very often for one reason or another. Most likely because we're confident that we can run the ball on anyone. Why waste a play when you're almost guaranteed 4 yards a carry?
Estill wont have any trouble with berea. Estill has a good program going right now and i expect them to beat harlan mighty easy to.
i agree.
estill wasnt as "pumped" as they have been, which was very odd.
i expected a bigger win.

good game though.
Hopefully the boys will have their heads in the game next week when we play Berea. Dont forget, its also homecoming. We dont wanna get embarrassed.

Go 'Neers!
estillalum#43 Wrote:After watching Estills game tonight some people say, oh well a win is a win .I am not one of those people. However I am a die hard Estill County fan. A fan that asks one question, do we have any type of passing game at all? I am well aware of the fact we have 3 great running backs but i also know that if we do not try to develop some form of a passing game it will be very difficult for our football team to advance deep into the regionals. For we all know that the competition will much better than the Powells and the Bourbons along with the Maggoffins and Bereas of the football world. I almost forgot the mighty powerhouse Phelps. That being said why are we not trying to come up with a couple passing plays while we are obviously playing these high school cup cakes. Tonights game was boring. Get with the program coach Jones this is not about piling up wins against....... well below average football teams it is also about preparing for the competition after the regular season has ended. From a fan that cares!!!!!!!!

Here goes your answers: #1- Powell is no cupcake they are a much improved team and a district foe so we have to play them.#2- Bourbon County is a team with a bright future. #3- Fleming is a good program and has always been a good team,they are just having a down year they to are in our district. #4- All of these other "cupcake teams " as you call them called us up and signed a contract 2 years ago when we were a cup cake team passing the ball. They thought they had an easy win for two years in a row against us. Bottom line is that we have passing plays and we don't show them now because we don't have to. There has really been no need to so far.
I'm sorry that you were bored tonight with our play. I'm also sorry that you can't see how far along the boys have come from 3yrs ago when we were going to the spread. If you don't remember we started off 0-5 with that system. We got just as many complaints then as we do now. There is no satisfying some people. Here is a suggestion for you..go watch someone else on friday night because to be honest with we don't need your kind of support! Maybe the soccer teams playing and you can watch them or maybe go catch a movie if you can find one you like. Either way WE DON'T WANT NOR NEED YOU THERE! The coaches and the players have work too hard for someone to start berating us after having such a great start. I would also watch who I complain to on during the game. You do it around the round person,and you might find yourself in a situation. We have some of the best fans in Kentucky and if you were one of them you would be supportive.
If you think that we should pass and have a different schedule why don't you approach Coach Jones and ask him. I'm sure his answer would more than satify you.:ChairHit:
Neersfan Wrote:Here goes your answers: #1- Powell is no cupcake they are a much improved team and a district foe so we have to play them.#2- Bourbon County is a team with a bright future. #3- Fleming is a good program and has always been a good team,they are just having a down year they to are in our district. #4- All of these other "cupcake teams " as you call them called us up and signed a contract 2 years ago when we were a cup cake team passing the ball. They thought they had an easy win for two years in a row against us. Bottom line is that we have passing plays and we don't show them now because we don't have to. There has really been no need to so far.
I'm sorry that you were bored tonight with our play. I'm also sorry that you can't see how far along the boys have come from 3yrs ago when we were going to the spread. If you don't remember we started off 0-5 with that system. We got just as many complaints then as we do now. There is no satisfying some people. Here is a suggestion for you..go watch someone else on friday night because to be honest with we don't need your kind of support! Maybe the soccer teams playing and you can watch them or maybe go catch a movie if you can find one you like. Either way WE DON'T WANT NOR NEED YOU THERE! The coaches and the players have work too hard for someone to start berating us after having such a great start. I would also watch who I complain to on during the game. You do it around the round person,and you might find yourself in a situation. We have some of the best fans in Kentucky and if you were one of them you would be supportive.
If you think that we should pass and have a different schedule why don't you approach Coach Jones and ask him. I'm sure his answer would more than satify you.:ChairHit:

Very nicely said!!!! :rockon: :Thumbs: :Clap: You all don't need to pass the ball when you can run it the way you all do.
Neersfan Wrote:Here goes your answers: #1- Powell is no cupcake they are a much improved team and a district foe so we have to play them.#2- Bourbon County is a team with a bright future. #3- Fleming is a good program and has always been a good team,they are just having a down year they to are in our district. #4- All of these other "cupcake teams " as you call them called us up and signed a contract 2 years ago when we were a cup cake team passing the ball. They thought they had an easy win for two years in a row against us. Bottom line is that we have passing plays and we don't show them now because we don't have to. There has really been no need to so far.

I have to disagree. Although Estill is much improved, the schedule is cupcake. Powell is not very good, the teams they have beat have a combined 1 win (out of 4 teams). Bourbon is not good at all 0-4. Estill was 0-10 in the double wing the year before they went to the spread, however the schedule was much tougher. If it was the "thing", should have never left it regardless of what fans said. Now on the bright side of things, Estill showed their grit against Breathitt, but what I fear is a flashback of 03 when Estill was loaded not quite as good as this year but very good and were destroyed by Lloyd in the playoffs. The running game totally shut down and no throwing to loosen up the defense. Against the so called high school cupcakes is a great time to work on things such as the passing game to improve the team. If watching Estill bores fans, they shouldn't go, that is about as nice as it can be said. There is plenty of good football around to go watch. What happens with the cupcakes though, after the two year contract they are not as eager to play you then you have to step back up. Estill has a good young bunch behind these guys and should be able to play against whoever they schedule.
ecqb8 Wrote:I agree with you on one thing. This game was boring. The only moment that sticks out is covey's big td run. Other than that, nothing happened in this game. It didn't seem like anyone wanted to play...on either team. I had a feeling something like this would happen, but definitely not to this extent. They better pick it up or berea will embarass them next week. As far as the passing game goes, Estill has passing plays. They just don't run them very often for one reason or another. Most likely because we're confident that we can run the ball on anyone. Why waste a play when you're almost guaranteed 4 yards a carry?

It helps when you run into the Breathitt Co's, Belfry's, Russell's, and other top notch 3A teams that you can't run 4 yards on every time. Ask Belfry fans about it or even Russell's, two of the best running in 3A with a tough schedule to boot. The last two 3A championsips are in the west and should be in the east but not having a solid passing game has cost many good teams.
I say you run what ever OFFENSE that works best with the personel you have and what ever wins games and to **** with rest.
NIECE Wrote:I have to disagree. Although Estill is much improved, the schedule is cupcake. Powell is not very good, the teams they have beat have a combined 1 win (out of 4 teams). Bourbon is not good at all 0-4. Estill was 0-10 in the double wing the year before they went to the spread, however the schedule was much tougher. If it was the "thing", should have never left it regardless of what fans said. Now on the bright side of things, Estill showed their grit against Breathitt, but what I fear is a flashback of 03 when Estill was loaded not quite as good as this year but very good and were destroyed by Lloyd in the playoffs. The running game totally shut down and no throwing to loosen up the defense. Against the so called high school cupcakes is a great time to work on things such as the passing game to improve the team. If watching Estill bores fans, they shouldn't go, that is about as nice as it can be said. There is plenty of good football around to go watch. What happens with the cupcakes though, after the two year contract they are not as eager to play you then you have to step back up. Estill has a good young bunch behind these guys and should be able to play against whoever they schedule.

The 0-10 year Estill started 9 freshman. Jones has learned that he can't please everyone.
Neersfan Wrote:The 0-10 year Estill started 9 freshman. Jones has learned that he can't please everyone.

Not quite, the freshman received lots of playing time, but very few started. They all played a big part that season, but there was never more than 3 or 4 starting (although it frequently changed throughout the year).
This was a win, but not a very pretty one. Estill was flat and I think sometime after coming off of an emotional and hard fought game like last week, teams sometime play that way. Congrats Estill.
MR. NOBODY Wrote:I say you run what ever OFFENSE that works best with the personel you have and what ever wins games and to **** with rest.

WELL SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Whats boring about a team that is 4-1, lost to Breathitt by 1, and has a very good team this year?
bluegrassballa Wrote:Whats boring about a team that is 4-1, lost to Breathitt by 1, and has a very good team this year?

Well said. Every game can't be a nail biter. Good job Estill. I am proud of you.
Neersfan Wrote:The 0-10 year Estill started 9 freshman. Jones has learned that he can't please everyone.

I don't know about the freshman according to Lucky 13 who is a reliable source. What I do know is in this 1 horse town, you can't worry about what the people/fans/etc. think, you have to do your thing and if they don't like it, they can replace you. As long as you win, I don't think anyone is going to be replaced. As a coach you can't worry about pleasing ANYONE, you worry about your kids/team and what's best for them.
NIECE Wrote:What I do know is in this 1 horse town, you can't worry about what the people/fans/etc. think, you have to do your thing and if they don't like it, they can replace you. As long as you win, I don't think anyone is going to be replaced. As a coach you can't worry about pleasing ANYONE, you worry about your kids/team and what's best for them.

Nicely said. In a small town a coach has to use what works if its boring or not as long as you win games. The kid must believe in whatever you run it wont work.
Personally, I don't see anything boring about winning games. We have 3 backs that can score on any given run play. We can and have had passing, which has resulted in touchdowns. GO NEERS!!!
The bottom line is the Engineers are having a great year, a close loss to Breathitt and are piling up the wins and rushing yards. From a fan that wishes "the fan that cares" would get on board and stop with all the negativity.
Lucky13 Wrote:The bottom line is the Engineers are having a great year, a close loss to Breathitt and are piling up the wins and rushing yards. From a fan that wishes "the fan that cares" would get on board and stop with all the negativity.

If "the fan that cares" was really a fan, I don't think he would be voicing such negativity. A true fan would support our kids no matter what, and would not voice any negatives on a public web site. :ChairHit:
NEERSFAN2270 Wrote:If "the fan that cares" was really a fan, I don't think he would be voicing such negativity. A true fan would support our kids no matter what, and would not voice any negatives on a public web site. :ChairHit:

There may be some negativity to what was said, but, there are some truths to it as well, whether we want to admit it or not. Bottom line (good term Lucky) Estill is 4-1 and should run the table to the playoffs boring or not.
NEERSFAN2270 Wrote:Personally, I don't see anything boring about winning games. We have 3 backs that can score on any given run play. We can and have had passing, which has resulted in touchdowns. GO NEERS!!!

You got that right.
NEERSFAN2270 Wrote:If "the fan that cares" was really a fan, I don't think he would be voicing such negativity. A true fan would support our kids no matter what, and would not voice any negatives on a public web site. :ChairHit:

I have not seen a negative word towards a kid. The kids don't call the plays and they sure don't make the schedule. The schedule is made by the Coach and the Athletic Director. It seems "the fan that cares" is supporting the kids by being at every game. As long as the kids are not being bashed, people have a right to their opinion. That is why coaches should not allow their players or other coaches on this site. Stuff can get into peoples head easily, just look at how quick people are to get defensive on here.
NEERSFAN2270 Wrote:Personally, I don't see anything boring about winning games. We have 3 backs that can score on any given run play. We can and have had passing, which has resulted in touchdowns. GO NEERS!!!
I agree winning games is fun....But winning important games is more fun. What are the offensive stats in this system in "big" games against top teams? What is Estill's record running this system against teams with a winning record? I am not saying anything bad about the kids, but there is a difference in winning the games against lower-tier teams and winning games against upper-tier teams.

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I agree winning games is fun....But winning important games is more fun. What are the offensive stats in this system in "big" games against top teams? What is Estill's record running this system against teams with a winning record? I am not saying anything bad about the kids, but there is a difference in winning the games against lower-tier teams and winning games against upper-tier teams.

Well put!:Thumbs: