Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggest "big man" in the state
Lets hear the sizes of the big men in your region or district.
We got a freshman at Pikeville this year that is around 6'8" or maybe 6'9" this year.
Who is that bball??

(And contact me if you want a team name put up)
His name is Devin Adams,
Whatever you want....lol
Lol. Yea, pretty sure that there are no rules against being attracted to someone. 8)

I will check around the Ridge tommorow and see if I can come up with some stats about this season's center and things.
Where'd he come from? Is it the same one from SF? If so, why'd he move?
Yes, he is from South Floyd. I don't know why he transfered, I have heard that his father made him change. I also heard that 4 out of the starting 5 from South Floyd Middle School changed schools this year as freshmen. Anyone know why everyone wants to leave there?
"bballcrazee" Wrote:Yes, he is from South Floyd. I don't know why he transfered, I have heard that his father made him change. I also heard that 4 out of the starting 5 from South Floyd Middle School changed schools this year as freshmen. Anyone know why everyone wants to leave there?

Not that I know this for a fact, but people are probably leaving to go to play for a team that they see will have a better chance of winning more games and getting their name out there more to scouts and such..

Alot of people left my school to play for Elkhorn City back in the day because they thought they would have a better chance to play college ball because EC won more games and got more publicity. This was not always true because during the season after a starter left my school to play for EC, we beat them..but hey, they did wanted they wanted..
Quote:Not that I know this for a fact, but people are probably leaving to go to play for a team that they see will have a better chance of winning more games and getting their name out there more to scouts and such..

Alot of people left my school to play for Elkhorn City back in the day because they thought they would have a better chance to play college ball because EC won more games and got more *&(. This was not always true because during the season after a starter left my school to play for EC, we beat them..but hey, they did wanted they wanted..

I see the words, but all that I can comprehend is pure BS. [Image: http://kyhorsepower.com/forums/html/emoticons/bs.gif]

That is one of the most absurd posts I've ever read. South Floyd has been one of the better programs in the state year in and year out. Just take a look at the Henry Webb era. I wish I knew his exact numbers while being at SFHS, but I can tell you this; his wins are overwhelmingly larger than his losses. Here is just a few players from SFHS that went on to play college ball.

Let's see here:

Justin Holbrook - Clinch Valley
Byron Hall - Alice Lloyd College
Jimmy Stumbo - Alice Lloyd College
Ryan Shannon - Alice Lloyd College
John Meade - Alice Lloyd College
Rusty Tackett - Pikeville College
Michael Hall - Pikeville College

That's only a few on the top of my head that I know went on to play college basketball from SFHS. SF hasn't had a losing record since some time in the 90's. I think you need to check your facts tribe, before you take action. :roll:
I am sorry, I didnt mean to say that South Floyd didnt get anyone into college or anything. I just said I heard that those boys changed schools is all i ment, I dont know why they did. I just hear hearsay, I know I shouldnt repeat it, but I was just asking is all.
bballcrazee, that was not directed towards you. Read my post again.
"bevinsville_bomber" Wrote:
Quote:Not that I know this for a fact, but people are probably leaving to go to play for a team that they see will have a better chance of winning more games and getting their name out there more to scouts and such..

Alot of people left my school to play for Elkhorn City back in the day because they thought they would have a better chance to play college ball because EC won more games and got more *&(. This was not always true because during the season after a starter left my school to play for EC, we beat them..but hey, they did wanted they wanted..

I see the words, but all that I can comprehend is pure BS. [Image: http://kyhorsepower.com/forums/html/emoticons/bs.gif]

That is one of the most absurd posts I've ever read. South Floyd has been one of the better programs in the state year in and year out. Just take a look at the Henry Webb era. I wish I knew his exact numbers while being at SFHS, but I can tell you this; his wins are overwhelmingly larger than his losses. Here is just a few players from SFHS that went on to play college ball.

Let's see here:

That's only a few on the top of my head that I know went on to play college basketball from SFHS. SF hasn't had a losing record since some time in the 90's. I think you need to check your facts tribe, before you take action. :roll:

I just said that I didn't know that for a fact, when bball just said that people left and wondered why, I just put that people sometimes leave for what they feel is a better program. Calm down there turbo. Didn't mean to offend anyone..Geesh.
"bevinsville_bomber" Wrote:

Let's see here:

The "Henry Webb" era is over, now, it is the "Barry Hall" era, how many people has Barry gotten college scholarships?
"BasketBallonlyfan" Wrote:The "Henry Webb" era is over, now, it is the "Barry Hall" era, how many people has Barry gotten college scholarships?

Well lets see here....Barry's been the head coach for one year and only one year since Coach Webb stepped down. I know for a fact Burnett Little and Steven Stanley could of both had scholarships at ALC and for whatever reason, they didn't take them.
You can lead em to water but you can't make em drink. Steven Stanley had several offers to go to college and Burnett Little also had the opportunity. They are going to PCC and plan on transferring to ALC after this year. Ryan Johnson has several colleges interested in him this year and Mason Hall will get offers. Ethan Jonson is only a Jr. but some coaches are checking on him also. South Floyd has a good group coming up in their Fr. and Soph. class that will continue to improve because of who they play against every day in practice. You have to have guards to play well and South Floyd is lucky to have a few. As far as the transfers they were never in South Floyd High School so how could they be called a transfer? Jody Tackett. Adam Slone and Chad Patrick are all playing for South Floyd and they were three of the guys starting last year. I would say a coach would be satisfied in getting three players like that out of one class.
Agree with you Wyatt, Also out of last years seniors I believe the other two where offered football scholarships. I could also see maybe Ryan little getting a look at ALC considering some who have signed there. I believe one of the other starters from that middle school team went to BL for other reason then to play ball. Like the bomber said people need to get their facts straight before posting.
I know for a fact that about 3 or 4 more players from the Raiders have had the chances but did not want to play at the next level. Tyler could have played at about 4 schools, Jack Slone had a couple of looks with Miami ohio-hamilton and other but did not go play and Adam Tackett went to morehead on a football scholarship, and Justin Hall did not go to colleege right out of high school but is now enrolled in alc and playing jv. plus since 2000 season the raiders have sent more players to college in basketball then any other team in the region so if that was the thinking then better think again. 2 or 3 will go this coming year and 1 for sure the next. so in 7 years they could have sent around 14 players to the next level not bad for a team in the hills of eastern ky.
[Beef Ur A Sexy Beast Tongue Tongue
"Delta Zeta Girl" Wrote:[Beef Ur A Sexy Beast Tongue Tongue

Not that it has any relevence but Big Grin
How big is Landon Slone? Also, does Shelby Vally have any big men this year?
I know that Valley has Cade riddle who is about 6'5 or 6'6 maybe taller not for sure, but JBS (June Bucanan) in the 14th region has a big 6'8 or 6'9 kid whose is only a freshman who played on the 14U AAU State champs squad this past (East Ky lightning)
Cody Dixon at Lynn Camp. 6'7'' 220.
In the 13th some players that come to mind over 6'4 would be Ryan Swim at Corbin whos about 6'7 or 6'8, the Day boy at Pineville, I was told he is over 6'7 and 270 pounds now but still tearing down the rims on dunks, Dixon at Lynn Camp 6'6, the Smith kid at South Laurel about 6'8 maybe others.
Walt Allen is a pretty big kid.
"bevinsville_bomber" Wrote:South Floyd has been one of the better programs in the state year in and year out.

Here is just a few players from SFHS that went on to play college ball.

Let's see here:

Sorry but they are not one of the better programs in the state year in and year out...1 Region Title in the last 6 years..They might be one of the "better" programs in the 15th year in and out but that's it...

And it is good to see that they send players to play College Ball, but those aren't exactly hard schools to play for....Most schools in the region could send a kid or two to ALC, Pikeville, or Cumberland any year...It's just a matter of if these people want to play at the next level or not, which most don't...
Prestonsburg's junior Trevor Patton 6"6.
"alfus21" Wrote:Sorry but they are not one of the better programs in the state year in and year out...1 Region Title in the last 6 years..They might be one of the "better" programs in the 15th year in and out but that's it...

And it is good to see that they send players to play College Ball, but those aren't exactly hard schools to play for....Most schools in the region could send a kid or two to ALC, Pikeville, or Cumberland any year...It's just a matter of if these people want to play at the next level or not, which most don't...
I would say it is VERY easy to get one to those schools. Those are the schools that most people play for in these areas. I think to get in a school like Duke, Wake Forest, or UCLA would be something more to brag about.
"alfus21" Wrote:Sorry but they are not one of the better programs in the state year in and year out...1 Region Title in the last 6 years..They might be one of the "better" programs in the 15th year in and out but that's it...

Well, that's pretty much your opinion. I have mine. The school has been established since 1994 maybe? and has had several players go on to play college ball. I think that's a pretty good feat if you ask me. Just because they don't go to major D1 schools doesn't mean it isn't a big accomplishment.

Just exactly when is the last time a 15th region player went D1? JR Vanhoose?
what is it with everyone putting SF down they are pretty good every year..