Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 36 - Shelby County 29
Final score from Eagle Field. Golden Eagles move to 4-0; big game at Woodford County next Friday.
Congrats Eagles! The Eagles may have almost bit off more than they could chew with this 6A school, but they again pulled out another close one. That is what you want to see good teams do! Good luck next week!
Sounded like a great game
Congrats J.C.!
grats.
was one of the best games i have seen......i knew it would be a dogfight because i have watched both teams play before this........pray for 2 kids from Shelby Co......on the first play of the game one of their players went down and had to be taken off the field on a stretcher and in the 3rd qtr, Shelby Co QB went down and they are saying its a ACL injury.........It was a close game when he went down......Hate to see anyone get hurt.....He was a fun player to watch and he is a very good QB....was 21-31 for 200+ yards passing with a td and int before he went down and the score was 28-14 Central but they were knocking on the endzones door, they were at the JC 6 yard line when he got hurt.......Congrats Eagles, pulled another tough one out!!!!!!!!
Cody Bland a senior broken leg 2 places. QB Brandon Cresap sophomore possible ACL will know more in the morning after x-rays and MRI #77 Sr. ORT Matt Spencer sprained ankle, #34 Deparis Jones MLB Sr. sprained knee. SC got some bad breaks with injuries in this one but it was a good game neither team quit until it was over my hats off to JC GOOD football team. Good luck the rest of the season.
mawa66 Wrote:Cody Bland a senior broken leg 2 places. QB Brandon Cresap sophomore possible ACL will know more in the morning after x-rays and MRI #77 Sr. ORT Matt Spencer sprained ankle, #34 Deparis Jones MLB Sr. sprained knee. SC got some bad breaks with injuries in this one but it was a good game neither team quit until it was over my hats off to JC GOOD football team. Good luck the rest of the season.

Man i hate to hear that .
Sounded like a physical game, a real nail bitter.
congrats Eagles.
any word on how JJ Jude, and JK Hall played lastnight?
I hope that Shelby County and their Football coach enjoys the $5,000.00 dollars they got for going to Johnson Central and playing this football game a week before their district begins.

They not only lost their startin quarterback for the year with a torn ACL/MCL, they possibly lost four other starters due to injuries. I know that injuries are a part of the game, but why not schedule someone to play at home and split the gate money? Why travel 3 1/2 hours by school bus to play a team that is big and physical up front and will run it down your throat on every play? If nobody wanted to travel and play you at home, here's a suggestion, take a week off and go and watch Scott County play or a future district opponent to scout?

It just looks like that Shelby County put their season at risk for 5,000.00 dollars, I hope they spend that money well
Congrats JC. A little closer than what I thought it would be.
There were alot of grumblings about this deal when it first came out. Now it could possibly cost SC what could have been a pretty good seaon. I really hope the other players all get healthy and pick up the torch for their fallen fellow teammates and do the very best they can. Taking last night off and preparing for Scott County from what i was told was the majority vote of the assistant coaches as well. But i guess they got dollar signs in there eyes. Maybe they will think about the tears in the QBs eyes after last night before making the same decision again.
Alot closer than I espected. Congrats JC.
It's always close when Shelby County plays anyone, they can score with anybody in the state and their offense is really good, but their DEFENSE has given up avg 40 plus points a game and still, they keep the same coach with his STUPID SCHEMES
SC is well coached offensively and is really one of the better passing teams I've seen at the high school level. Very impressive.
Navajo4life Wrote:It's always close when Shelby County plays anyone, they can score with anybody in the state and their offense is really good, but their DEFENSE has given up avg 40 plus points a game and still, they keep the same coach with his STUPID SCHEMES

Maybe he just needs a defensive co-ordinator. I dont know what you are refering to as stupid schemes.There is certainly nothing wrong with his offense. I heard on the radio that last years QB threw for over 4,700 yards. Most high school QB's cant do that in 5 seasons, let alone 1. I'm like IRISH, I am very impressed with SC's passing attack. Maybe I have not watched them enough to make this statement but I was just as impressed with the repacement QB as I was the starter.

As far as giving up yards on the ground. I wouldn't be too upset. Everybody else that has played JC has not been able to even begin to slow their ground game down either. They have been like a runaway locomotive all season.
Navajo4life Wrote:I hope that Shelby County and their Football coach enjoys the $5,000.00 dollars they got for going to Johnson Central and playing this football game a week before their district begins.

They not only lost their startin quarterback for the year with a torn ACL/MCL, they possibly lost four other starters due to injuries. I know that injuries are a part of the game, but why not schedule someone to play at home and split the gate money? Why travel 3 1/2 hours by school bus to play a team that is big and physical up front and will run it down your throat on every play? If nobody wanted to travel and play you at home, here's a suggestion, take a week off and go and watch Scott County play or a future district opponent to scout?

It just looks like that Shelby County put their season at risk for 5,000.00 dollars, I hope they spend that money well

Hindsight is 20/20...Maybe Shelby County wanted to play a quality opponent on the road to prepare for road trips come playoff time...

As for $5000...Taking a couple of buses on a 3 1/2 trip will eat a pretty good chunk of money from any budget...not including feeding the players...

I hate to hear about any injuries during a game...especially the severity of injuries from this game...

But saying Shelby County played this game only because they received $5000 may not be a correct statement...
Chuck Taylor Wrote:Hindsight is 20/20...Maybe Shelby County wanted to play a quality opponent on the road to prepare for road trips come playoff time...

As for $5000...Taking a couple of buses on a 3 1/2 trip will eat a pretty good chunk of money from any budget...not including feeding the players...

I hate to hear about any injuries during a game...especially the severity of injuries from this game...

But to say this game was played just because of $5000 is not an accurate statement...
Have to remember to that SC stepped down a class for this game too.
mawa66 Wrote:There were alot of grumblings about this deal when it first came out. Now it could possibly cost SC what could have been a pretty good seaon. I really hope the other players all get healthy and pick up the torch for their fallen fellow teammates and do the very best they can. Taking last night off and preparing for Scott County from what i was told was the majority vote of the assistant coaches as well. But i guess they got dollar signs in there eyes. Maybe they will think about the tears in the QBs eyes after last night before making the same decision again.

Injuries can happen in any game...
Congrats Johnson Central.
I understand all of those statements, but if you go back and look at Shelby County's Defense, or lack thereof, there is no Defense being played. When you average over 40 points a game like last year and your averaging giving up over 49 points a game, then it's time to make a change.... Change something I would suggest changing the IDIOT that is the DEF Coordinator
This was a great game. Congrads JC. I think the team played very well...very good games with Nathan Dillon and Tanner Bratton...good luck with woodford county this week.