Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central 33 - Letcher Central 32
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Mama Bear,
I strongly suggest you follow the lead of a program like Pikeville when it comes to a PA Man. Throughout the years Pikeville's PA man has always been first rate. The sensory impact of games will forever determine how others view you. When an opposing team visits, thier impression of your program is based solely on four things:
1. The sportsmanship of the coaches (visible)
2. The sportsmanship of the players (visible)
3. The sportsmanship of the fans (visible and audible)
4. The sportsmanship of the PA (audible)

Think of the programs in the mountains which you strive to be on the same level with: Belfry, Bell County, Pikeville, Breathitt, etc.. the resounding word used to describe these programs are "Class", "Tradition", and "Loyal Fanbase". All these programs share common grounds, they all have excellent facilities, large supportive fan bases, and even in their "down" years still cause teams to have to bring their A-game every night. Most importantly though follow press clippings from their opponents head coaches in the media and they will always bring up how classy that program is.

Having nothing more than a cheerleader with a speaker system does nothing but reflect poorly on your entire program. A PA man can get the crowd going a whole lot of other ways aside from being biased and classless.

:rockon:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Mama Bear,
I strongly suggest you follow the lead of a program like Pikeville when it comes to a PA Man. Throughout the years Pikeville's PA man has always been first rate. The sensory impact of games will forever determine how others view you. When an opposing team visits, thier impression of your program is based solely on four things:
1. The sportsmanship of the coaches (visible)
2. The sportsmanship of the players (visible)
3. The sportsmanship of the fans (visible and audible)
4. The sportsmanship of the PA (audible)

Think of the programs in the mountains which you strive to be on the same level with: Belfry, Bell County, Pikeville, Breathitt, etc.. the resounding word used to describe these programs are "Class", "Tradition", and "Loyal Fanbase". All these programs share common grounds, they all have excellent facilities, large supportive fan bases, and even in their "down" years still cause teams to have to bring their A-game every night. Most importantly though follow press clippings from their opponents head coaches in the media and they will always bring up how classy that program is.

Having nothing more than a cheerleader with a speaker system does nothing but reflect poorly on your entire program. A PA man can get the crowd going a whole lot of other ways aside from being biased and classless.

I'm confident we will meet all those standards. The three schools that are consolidated all had class acts before consolidating, I don't think that will change. Our fan base has been incredible. Even with the four hour drive and the near $5 a gallon gas prices, we had an excellent turn out over in Flemingsburg. I know the players at the game practice extreme self discipline, the Fleming Co. players were discourged and acted out a couple of times and I was so proud of them for not reacting. It goes with out saying how classy our coaching staff is. Our fans are loud and maybe a tad redneck (Smile ), but spitting or cursing the players, I know would never be tolerated. We are loud though! This transition has been much smoother than even the biggest optimist could have imagine. It's really brought the county together I think. If only we had that new field...........
Mama Bear Wrote:I'm confident we will meet all those standards. The three schools that are consolidated all had class acts before consolidating, I don't think that will change. Our fan base has been incredible. Even with the four hour drive and the near $5 a gallon gas prices, we had an excellent turn out over in Flemingsburg. I know the players at the game practice extreme self discipline, the Fleming Co. players were discourged and acted out a couple of times and I was so proud of them for not reacting. It goes with out saying how classy our coaching staff is. Our fans are loud and maybe a tad redneck (Smile ), but spitting or cursing the players, I know would never be tolerated. We are loud though! This transition has been much smoother than even the biggest optimist could have imagine. It's really brought the county together I think. If only we had that new field...........

Great post. I know this is off topic but I would love to see Johnson Central and Harlan County match up in the future.
1st - I'm a big Hilliard ran. He & Ben know the game better than anyone, and every player that I know in the last 30 years that played for him, still respects him. But their team was not ready!
2nd - I don't like Bert Browne's game coaching techniques - but I don't play for him. He & his staff are getting results out of their players and it appears that the numbers are getting larger
3rd - I saw from the beginning of the game that Letcher was still playing last years game & Perry was not.
4th - A 50 point turnaround from from one year to the next is not an upset. It is improvement and overconfidence.
5th - As for Demtri Travis, I have 2 words - Craig Yeast
X Factor Wrote:1st - I'm a big Hilliard ran. He & Ben know the game better than anyone, and every player that I know in the last 30 years that played for him, still respects him. But their team was not ready!
2nd - I don't like Bert Browne's game coaching techniques - but I don't play for him. He & his staff are getting results out of their players and it appears that the numbers are getting larger
3rd - I saw from the beginning of the game that Letcher was still playing last years game & Perry was not.
4th - A 50 point turnaround from from one year to the next is not an upset. It is improvement and overconfidence.
5th - As for Demtri Travis, I have 2 words - Craig Yeast

Your going to compare him to Craig Yeast. Height and Weight are about smiliar but i dont know if kentucky would recruit him unlike they did craig yeast. I feel he might could play at kansas state because I watched the Louisville game last night and there best wide reciever was 5'7 only 140 some pounds. So maybe ole Bert Browne should send some game tape to Kansas State.
MY thoughts Demtri is a very good football player . And he can run and catch with the best. if the ball hits his hands he will bring it in. But he needs little more wieght. His foot work is also very good. That is the reason EKU likes him.He also needs to run more up an down the field an not as much side to side. I cannt see him at uk are a big D1 school. But i can see him at EKU Morehead schools of that size. Just my thoughts on that.
Congratulations to Perry County Central, the new M.C. Napier High School
so much jealousy from the cougars..lol..i think they were just embarrased because of the fact they lost to a great perry central team who wanted it more and didnt think they were going to go into the game and win easily like letcher did..and for the guy kicking mud..there was no call for that and no one was spit on i was right there..even the coaches were showing poor sportsmanship..but i think if pcc and lcc meet in the playoffs it will be a great game..
This last one was a great game. However LCC played like zombies. If they meet again they will dominate PCC. The game was a total fluke and PCC knows it. They better cherish that one for the next decade. They are likely taking out there frustration on Clay at this very moment!!!!!
Good job PCC
well idk about all that now i think pcc will win by more the next time..if they meet again..all i can say is TD by DT baby
Sounds like the best game of the weekend. Congrats.
king360 Wrote:so much jealousy from the cougars..lol..i think they were just embarrased because of the fact they lost to a great perry central team who wanted it more and didnt think they were going to go into the game and win easily like letcher did..and for the guy kicking mud..there was no call for that and no one was spit on i was right there..even the coaches were showing poor sportsmanship..but i think if pcc and lcc meet in the playoffs it will be a great game..

I was also right there and there was spitting--I just walking by got spit on by the "fans" in the student section. We were not embarrassed at all, we are LCC and we are proud of that, win or loose we do it with class. Although I have to say I was a little embarrassed for your players, do they really need a mom with a foul mouth and a cow bell and an idiot announcer to give them the edge to win a game????
sounded like a good hard fought game that came down to the wire. congrats to perry county central on this game.
cmon now..i was right in that front row in that student section and no one got spit on i think you all want a reason to say your players got there heads out of the game or something but i do beleive it was a little bit of jealousy
king360 Wrote:cmon now..i was right in that front row in that student section and no one got spit on i think you all want a reason to say your players got there heads out of the game or something but i do beleive it was a little bit of jealousy

I was standing right in front of the section, against the fence, taking pictures, got hit with a handful of pennies, spit on, and cursed at. Now, seriously king360 it's not about jealously, they were out of their game for reasons only the team knows but please don't act like you guys were a hospitable crowd because you were as redneck as they come. As far as the game--I said before it was a fluke --it has fired LCC up and the rage will get them through the rest of their district games, Clay County felt a little bit of that rage Friday night, let's see how much rage you guys can put on Hazard (hee, hee).
Windsprint Wrote:Great use of grammar FBALL. I read your post about 4 times before I could make any sense of it. But when a regular contributor makes a single mistake, you guys get all over them for it. Possibly you are so bombastic and we are so illiterate that you might have to explain so that we can better comprehend. This was a great game . There had to be a winner and a loser. Unfortunately for us,the Cougars came out on the short end. But the season is a long way from being over. We'll compare notes after week 10 and see what is what, and who is still standing. Congrats to the Commodores on the win.

LOL ya and does anyone think that Russell got a big wake up call as well friday night ?????? lol
so i dont understand why FBALL is even talking????
Old thread... move on!