Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central 33 - Letcher Central 32
LCC kick the extra point next time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They did try but they missed more then once . Both teams
Could be the biggest win for the commodore program.
Travis is the real deal.
Congrats PCC
MVP2 Wrote:He gets the players and fans fired up! Aye it looks like its working two wins in a row and a huge district win over the Cougars tonight!

I would hardly call it "huge", they are not a better team than LCC by far.

PCC has the most has to be the most rude, classless place we've ever visited, the announcer was ridiculously inconsiderate and very unprofessional.
cougar_chick Wrote:I would hardly call it "huge", they are not a better team than LCC by far.

PCC has the most has to be the most rude, classless place we've ever visited, the announcer was ridiculously inconsiderate and very unprofessional.

OUCH
There is NO CLASS in Letcher County either. You poor guys are just mad because you got beat. Face it, you didnt expect to get beat and I didnt expect Perry to beat you either. Dont blame the announcer. Im sure he could of cared less if you liked him or not. Good win PCC. :devilflam
cougar_chick Wrote:I would hardly call it "huge", they are not a better team than LCC by far.

Well LCC sure didn't prove that last Friday did they?
warmachine Wrote:There is NO CLASS in Letcher County either. You poor guys are just mad because you got beat. Face it, you didnt expect to get beat and I didnt expect Perry to beat you either. Dont blame the announcer. Im sure he could of cared less if you liked him or not. Good win PCC. :devilflam

I have to disagree with you, you will never come to LCC and be cursed at, spit on, or have our announcer encourage such poor sportsmanship. We do have class. It was just a fluke, PCC could never beat us again and you know it. So enjoy your short lived glory I'm sure that Hazard will take of that for you Friday after next. You are more than welcome to visit the campus of LCC, this Friday and see how a class act team treats their guests.
LCC may beat PCC.next time.There is one thing about it,on the book PCC did win Friday night. GO DORES.
Cursed at and spit on? When did this occur? What about the Perry Central fans that got mud kicked all over them by an angry LCC player after the game, how does that show class?
Am i hearing right? Sounds to me like good old fashioned high school football!! Spit, mud, not so kindly words. Wish i could play there. When you do battle like that your gonna get everyone's goose red, LMAO!!!!!!!!!!
Series stands at 3-1. Lcc-3 Pcc-1. "enough said"
Nuff said???????????? Hahahah yeah right.
Look at it this way.
How much money does your school system pay Hillard to Coach? A LOT
How much does Perry pay Browne? NOT MUCH
How much money goes into LCC's football program as compared to Perrys. LCC GETS A HECK OF A LOT MORE. Remember football is second fiddle at Perry and football is #1 in Letcher County. You guys put a ton of money into football in Letcher as compared to the chickenfeed they put into Perrys. You should never lose to Perry. And another thing, you are losing to MC Napier. Its not like MC Napier had any football feeder schools (NEON and some of JENKINS) like you guys did after consolidation.
warmachine Wrote:Nuff said???????????? Hahahah yeah right.
Look at it this way.
How much money does your school system pay Hillard to Coach? A LOT
How much does Perry pay Browne? NOT MUCH
How much money goes into LCC's football program as compared to Perrys. LCC GETS A HECK OF A LOT MORE. Remember football is second fiddle at Perry and football is #1 in Letcher County. You guys put a ton of money into football in Letcher as compared to the chickenfeed they put into Perrys. You should never lose to Perry. And another thing, you are losing to MC Napier. Its not like MC Napier had any football feeder schools (NEON and some of JENKINS) like you guys did after consolidation.

WTF??????:Sad04:
Wow. This one surprised me!
Let's see Warmachine. We have 2 kids from Jenkins. One is a freshman and the other didn't even dress Friday night. The "Boosters" raise the money for football expenditures and if we raise alot---so what. Get off your butt and raise money. and then, Neon was 0-10 the year before Consolidation. You won the game( or at least it appears so). Don't be too surprised if some pictures show up that CLEARLY show that a certain two-point conversion was good. I wasn't gonna pursue it, but if you want to act like a butt----then so be it.
Windsprint,
Sorry to offend you but all I am saying is that you are getting beat by is MC Napier. You are losing to a BASKETBALL SCHOOL in football. All people think about is basketball in Perry County. If they put as much emphasis on Football as they did in basketball, they would kill you guys. (Well maybe not) To be honest though, I really like Letcher County a lot, the people are great, and your complex is awesome. PCC has not got many kids to play football that are from the Dilce Combs area. Some of them that have played and have been great but the majority of them only care about hoops. I dont know what Perry needs to do become better in football. Maybe since they have 10 K-8 Elementary schools, they should play 7 on 7 football so more of the schools would get involved. Perry could be a powerhouse if they got the entire county involved but until then, it will be MC Napier playing 5A football. And maybe one game in the playoffs is all they will be able to muster up. They also dont pay their coaches enough in Perry County as well. You get what you pay for.
Windsprint Wrote:Series stands at 3-1. Lcc-3 Pcc-1. "nuff said"

Close the yearbook. The previous games mean nothing so "nuff said".Smile
Coach Booth,
Screw you! Cool
No offense taken Warmachine. Football IS big in Letcher Co. We have great parent involvement and the kids WANT to be a part of the team. Also , we have consolidated all our grade schools into one team. this is the 1st year we have done that so it is a trial and error thing. I hope you get support for your program but up here in Letcher County there is a lot of emphasis on a variety of sports. Football, Boy's and Girl's Basketball, Baseball( new field that is out of this world).Heck, the Drama club is supported with hundreds and hundreds of loyal followers. Our administrators, Coaches, and community all support our kids in whatever they choose to participate in.
Just curious, what exactly was the announcer doing/saying? :confused: Nobody bite my head off please; you guys are a little hos-tile. Wink
I listened to it on the radio and could barely hear what the radio folks were saying for him a squalling in the back ground. I figure if your a PCC fan you LOVE him, if your anybody else then it irks you.:p
Great assessment mama bear. The thing that stood out was that anytime a LCC coach was trying to communicate with players on the field, the announcer would start shouting on the loudspreaker. In my opinion, that did not win the game forPCC ( poor exection by LCC players was the determining factor). However, it was (in my opinion) very poor sportsmanship and not the type of example we should exhibit for students. Just my opinion, everyone has a right to their's, but that is mine.
I must admit, the announcer sounds like an idiot. Hopefully we'll get to play each other again in the playoffs. Good luck the rest of the year Cougars. And to Cavanaugh Trent, "you aint nothing but a no good Mexican."" Hahahaha Congrats on the boy!!!!!!!
warmachine Wrote:Coach Booth,
Screw you! Cool

Hey bub I believe you misunderstood my post. I'm on your side in the argument. I was stating that the previous games mean nothing in discussion about last Friday's game.:confused:
Windsprint Wrote:Great assessment mama bear. The thing that stood out was that anytime a LCC coach was trying to communicate with players on the field, the announcer would start shouting on the loudspreaker. In my opinion, that did not win the game forPCC ( poor exection by LCC players was the determining factor). However, it was (in my opinion) very poor sportsmanship and not the type of example we should exhibit for students. Just my opinion, everyone has a right to their's, but that is mine.

I dont know that it bothered the players , but it sure got to a coach.
Just how bad is it? Is it just annoying or what? If he's just getting the crowd going then is that bad sportsmanship?

........we haven't had our first home game yet....will he work for a hot dog and a good cold drink?:p
He was more annoying and unprofessional than anything. I could have sworn he was a student. This was the only way his work was excusable. Rather than being informative about the games events he sounded like he was auditioning for an MC job at the Rucker basketball tournaments in NYC. (He's been watching too many And1 mix tapes.)

Now about the fans.................I can handle as much friendly rivalry as the next guy but I draw the line at borderline assault. I knew it would be bad before the game when each LCC fan, cheerleader or bandmember would get blasted by an airhorn from a distance inside 3 feet. Evidently, the sh*t for brains had run out of air while the game wa going on so they resorted to cussing and spitting. I know for a fact that several students and a staff member from the LCC band got spit on. Without a doubt, if the people who did this stuff could be identified they could be charged with assault, I think the LCC player who kicked mud at the PCC fans was retaliation for being spit on by people in the PCC student section.

I'll give credit where it's due, the PCC coaches know what the're doing when they have the visiting team use the sideline by the fans and put their players on the opposing sideline with the much more mature tailgate side of what is supposed to pass as a football stadium.
Cougarvision Wrote:He was more annoying and unprofessional than anything. I could have sworn he was a student. This was the only way his work was excusable. Rather than being informative about the games events he sounded like he was auditioning for an MC job at the Rucker basketball tournaments in NYC. (He's been watching too many And1 mix tapes.)

Now about the fans.................I can handle as much friendly rivalry as the next guy but I draw the line at borderline assault. I knew it would be bad before the game when each LCC fan, cheerleader or bandmember would get blasted by an airhorn from a distance inside 3 feet. Evidently, the sh*t for brains had run out of air while the game wa going on so they resorted to cussing and spitting. I know for a fact that several students and a staff member from the LCC band got spit on. Without a doubt, if the people who did this stuff could be identified they could be charged with assault, I think the LCC player who kicked mud at the PCC fans was retaliation for being spit on by people in the PCC student section.

I'll give credit where it's due, the PCC coaches know what the're doing when they have the visiting team use the sideline by the fans and put their players on the opposing sideline with the much more mature tailgate side of what is supposed to pass as a football stadium.

I dread when Hazard has to play at PCC next week because of that announcer. He gets on my last nerve. lol There was a letter in last week's Hazard Herald talking about PCC fans spitting on and throwing change at people from Knott Co. when Knott Co. played at PCC a couple of weeks ago. This type of behavior is unexcusable.
Mama Bear,
I strongly suggest you follow the lead of a program like Pikeville when it comes to a PA Man. Throughout the years Pikeville's PA man has always been first rate. The sensory impact of games will forever determine how others view you. When an opposing team visits, thier impression of your program is based solely on four things:
1. The sportsmanship of the coaches (visible)
2. The sportsmanship of the players (visible)
3. The sportsmanship of the fans (visible and audible)
4. The sportsmanship of the PA (audible)

Think of the programs in the mountains which you strive to be on the same level with: Belfry, Bell County, Pikeville, Breathitt, etc.. the resounding word used to describe these programs are "Class", "Tradition", and "Loyal Fanbase". All these programs share common grounds, they all have excellent facilities, large supportive fan bases, and even in their "down" years still cause teams to have to bring their A-game every night. Most importantly though follow press clippings from their opponents head coaches in the media and they will always bring up how classy that program is.

Having nothing more than a cheerleader with a speaker system does nothing but reflect poorly on your entire program. A PA man can get the crowd going a whole lot of other ways aside from being biased and classless.