Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Players in the Mountains, so far?
Just wondering who everyone thinks is the best?
JCHS offensive line gets my nod. With out the o line the the skill players have no skills!
Perry Central has two Amis an Travis WOW..... They can play Football.
Howell From South Floyd he has almost 400 if not over 400 yards in 3 games
Banks-LCC
Fazier-LCC
Amis-PCC
Travis-PCC
Olinger-Hazard
Campbell-Hazard
Haddix-Breathitt
Fugate-Breathitt
Ratilff-Knott Cent.
Bowling-South Laurel
Lewis-Clay
Deaton-Paintsville
Woodtray-North Laurel
Greer-Bell
Lee-Belfry
Varney-Belfry
Craynon-Pburg
Setser-Pburg.
Harmon-Pikeville
Stepp-Sheldon Clark
Kicker-Bell.

Thats the ones off the top of my head.
I have a big list
Breathitt County Channing Fugate
Hazard Tyler Olinger, Michael Campbell, Greg Adams
PCC Jordan Amos, Demtri Travis, David Napier
P-burg Seth Setser, Allen Craynon, Austin Gearheart
Letcher Central Charlie Banks
Clay Zach Lewis
Bell Shauntay Zackary, Spencer Greer, Monte Merrick
South Laurel Ricky Bowling,Stephen Quillen
Belfry Too many to name
For Corbin Caleb Watkins, Ryan Fritts, Michael Campbell
Raider_Nation09 Wrote:Howell From South Floyd he has almost 400 if not over 400 yards in 3 games

LOL.....you are obviously from south floyd.....if this kid went up against belfry or johnson central he would get destroyed....south floyd is constantly one of the worst rated teams in 1A football....he is alright by south floyd standards....but well they have no standards LOL
Lets not forget Matt Robinson for Perry Central linebacker freshman 3 games total tackles about 50 plus had 25 solo in the sheldon clark game . block extra point 3 fumble rec and will hit.and did i tell you that he is 14 years old 6 ft 1 about 190 lbs
My short list (Top 10 Players IMO):
1. Lewis- Clay County
2. Banks- Letcher Central
3. Olinger-Hazard
4. Fugate- Breathitt
5. Craynon- Pburg
6. Harmon- Pikeville
7. Grear- Bell County
8. Setser- Pburg
9. Varney- Belfry
10. Fritz- Corbin
White Lotus Wrote:LOL.....you are obviously from south floyd.....if this kid went up against belfry or johnson central he would get destroyed....south floyd is constantly one of the worst rated teams in 1A football....he is alright by south floyd standards....but well they have no standards LOL

the howell kid is getting looked at by some colleges only real big school would be eku. so you can't really say the kids not good. have you even watched him play?
Ky_wildman Wrote:the howell kid is getting looked at by some colleges only real big school would be eku. so you can't really say the kids not good. have you even watched him play?

yea he they sent him tickets to todays game and he went and he was invited to come to a recruiting thing in oct.
White Lotus Wrote:LOL.....you are obviously from south floyd.....if this kid went up against belfry or johnson central he would get destroyed....south floyd is constantly one of the worst rated teams in 1A football....he is alright by south floyd standards....but well they have no standards LOL

How can you say the howell kid isnt good if u would like go to khsaa.org and look at lastyear stats this kid was #3 in the state in 1a and in the top 25 in all of kentucky
True Big Blue Fan Wrote:How can you say the howell kid isnt good if u would like go to khsaa.org and look at lastyear stats this kid was #3 in the state in 1a and in the top 25 in all of kentucky

Players who have gaudy stats against inferior competition do not impress me...Nothing personal against those players, but do it against the big boys and you will get a lot more respect. After three games, Belfry has one player who has 20 carries, total...They had 16 different ballcarriers against East Ridge.
1. Lewis---Clay County---Many records will be broken.
2. Varney---Belfry---Pound for pound the best all-around player in the mountains.
3. Setser---Prestonsburg---Legitimate college prospect..
4. Banks---LCC---Another great all around player, maybe not great at any one thing, but tough as nails and good at lots of things.
5. Bowling---South Laurel---Another record setter at QB.
6. Dillon/Richardson---Johnson Central---Neither real flashy, but strong and tough and run behind a great line.
7. Lee---Belfry---As talented a player as any in the mountains, but needs more carries and more consistency.
8.Harmon---Pikeville---As good a back as Pikeville has had in 20 years.
9.Greer---Fantastic all-around player.
10. Olinger---Hazard---Great passer and real good size.
11. Craynon...Prestonsburg...Another head in a two-headed monster for the Blackcats.
12.Fugate---Breathitt---Big and tough runner.
There are many others and I numbered these, but they are not necessrily in any order...There are so many good ones in the mountains and it is really hard to say who is best especially when you don't get to see them all play live.
With his first two games of the season in the books I would have to say Adams from Hazard has to be in this discussion.
1.Banks(LCC) plays harder than any kid I've seen
2. Fugate(Breathitt) very nice player
3. Travis ( PCC) quickest kid I've seen this year
4. Lewis (Clay) best pocket passer)
5. Campbell(hazard) a" Beast"
There are many other great players in the mountains that I haven't had the fortune to see YET. These are simply the best of what I have seen so far. Many more games coming up.
Zach Lewis & #15 - Clay co.
Ricky Bowling- South Laurel
Greer, Merrick- Bell
Watkins, Fritz, Campbell- Corbin
Olinger, Adams, & Campbell-Hazard
Gillam- Harlan Co.
Fugate- Breathitt
Amis & Travis- PCC
Banks- LCC
Randen Collett- DT- Leslie Co. 22 tackles, 7 TFL, 2 sacks, 3 Forced Fumbles, and 1 Fumble Recovery in 3 games from DT while being Double Teamed. Clay Contained him a little with a triple team.
Ratliff- Knott
Craynon/ Setser- P'Burg
Aaron Watts- McCreary
QB- Williamsburg
Qb from Clinton Co.
Bell-Greer, Harbin (maybe one of the better D-lineman in the state)
Corbin-Watkins
Knox-#13 (Carnes??)
M'boro-Adams
SL- OT Armfield, Bowling
Whitley-Jones, Lebanion
Belfry-Lee
Hazard-Campbell
LCC --Frazier not getting alot of credit this season
Middlesboro- All Stater Hunter Adams

Can't believe nobody has even mentioned his name! 5 Div 1 Offers!
Ryan kelly Sheldon Clark.
Jackets08 Wrote:Middlesboro- All Stater Hunter Adams

I think that is just a rumor floating around. His father said he has some intrest but no D-1 offers yet. Hunter is good kid and great football player. Hope someone offers him.
Jackets08 Wrote:Middlesboro- All Stater Hunter Adams

Please post anything that shows that he has D-1 offers. Anything! I heard he had 1 maybe from Western and alot of schools that show some level of interest.
With that being said, Hunter Adams is one of the top ten players in the mountains. Very athletic. DB and punt returner at next level.

Top players are Lewis, Fugate, Varney, Sester, Greer, Travis, Adams, Banks.
JC's Dillon and Richardson both outplayed Breathitts Fugate and Bell Co. Greer on both sides of the ball when they played, wasn't even close!
my vote goes to Ryan Kelly at Sheldon Clark. He has rushed for over 400 yards and scored nine touchdowns and also second on the team in tackles.:letsparty
Ill give it to 3.....Deaton-Paintsville P-Burg-sester and the other runnig back for p-burg-Crayon sorry if its not spelled right...
MVP2 Wrote:Banks-LCC
Fazier-LCC
Amis-PCC
Travis-PCC
Olinger-Hazard
Campbell-Hazard
Haddix-Breathitt
Fugate-Breathitt
Ratilff-Knott Cent.
Bowling-South Laurel
Lewis-Clay
Deaton-Paintsville
Woodtray-North Laurel
Greer-Bell
Lee-Belfry
Varney-Belfry
Craynon-Pburg
Setser-Pburg.
Harmon-Pikeville
Stepp-Sheldon Clark
Kicker-Bell.

Thats the ones off the top of my head.

I like this list But Hunter Crowder and Logan Crowder from Allen central woul be on my list.
Warriors23RJ Wrote:I like this list But Hunter Crowder and Logan Crowder from Allen central woul be on my list.

Yeah im not sure which but the one that played linebakcer last year and this year is the one tht gets my vote. But dont get me wrong they both are good its just that one stands out more than the other. IMO
The Crowder boys also get my vote.. I have watched them in every sport and they give their all in each one.. Keep up the hard work guys...