Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Powell County
25.64%
Estill County
74.36%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County vs. Powell County - Sept. 12
NIECE Wrote:I apologize, that is what I have been told by one of their coaches. I know Estill's old coach would not let his players slide across the field, it is disrespectful. But on the other hand it really never was a rival with him because he never lost to them, the games were not even close. Powell first beat Estill I think around the 99 or 2000 season.

I think that the sliding across the field incident occurred in 06,the 3-7 year. I was there that night and the boys were just excited about the the win. The first half of the season had been "the Tony Franklin Experiment" and the guyswere just getting comfortable and seeing the results of the Double Wing. It was a down pour and the field was a mess and kids being kids just began to run and slide after the win. It was not intended to be a sign of disrespect.
Neersfan Wrote:I think that the sliding across the field incident occurred in 06,the 3-7 year. I was there that night and the boys were just excited about the the win. The first half of the season had been "the Tony Franklin Experiment" and the guyswere just getting comfortable and seeing the results of the Double Wing. It was a down pour and the field was a mess and kids being kids just began to run and slide after the win. It was not intended to be a sign of disrespect.

People (adults) need to stop whining about being disrespected. Let kids be kids..and sliding in the mud is something kids would do. I can't believe how petty adults can be when it comes to kid's organized sports. How exactly is that disrespectful to the other team? I don't get it? :confused:
Neersfan Wrote:I think that the sliding across the field incident occurred in 06,the 3-7 year. I was there that night and the boys were just excited about the the win. The first half of the season had been "the Tony Franklin Experiment" and the guyswere just getting comfortable and seeing the results of the Double Wing. It was a down pour and the field was a mess and kids being kids just began to run and slide after the win. It was not intended to be a sign of disrespect.

I Agree...I Don't Think The Players Meant Any Disrespect...It Was Just The Fact That It Was The Big "Rivalry" Game... With The Season They Had Up Until The Morgan County Game They Got Extremely Excited When They Won. Anyway.
This Thread Is About The Game This Year I Believe...And I'm Sure Both Teams Will Give Everything They Have...They Usually Do...I Always Love Watching These Two Teams Play...Although I'll Admit...I Get A Little Upset When We Don't Win.... Wink
It was the last game of a very tough year for both teams. The weather was horrible and, as a result, so were the field conditions. Both teams were sliding all over the field all night long. Yes, some of estill's boys did slide on the field after the game, but not to disrespect anyone. It was just a celebration of the best moment of a very disappointing year.
Estillfootballgirl Wrote:I Agree...I Don't Think The Players Meant Any Disrespect...It Was Just The Fact That It Was The Big "Rivalry" Game... With The Season They Had Up Until The Morgan County Game They Got Extremely Excited When They Won. Anyway.
This Thread Is About The Game This Year I Believe...And I'm Sure Both Teams Will Give Everything They Have...They Usually Do...I Always Love Watching These Two Teams Play...Although I'll Admit...I Get A Little Upset When We Don't Win.... Wink

you was not on the field as i was when this took place. powell county field, we were taking our after game knee, they started sliding across the field after the game had ended. that to me is disrespect.
stroked Wrote:you was not on the field as i was when this took place. powell county field, we were taking our after game knee, they started sliding across the field after the game had ended. that to me is disrespect.

I Was On That Field... And Still Am On That Field With The Team...But Come On Guys...That's Really Not At All What This Thread Is About.... We Can Discuss This Forever But Its Not Going To Change Anything...It Happened, It's Done And Over With...You Have Your Opinion And I Have Mine...And We Won't Agree...So Lets Just Leave It At That...And Stick With The Topic Of The Thread Big Grin
blitz43 Wrote:I think Powell has only given up 6 or 12 on varsity. I know Jackson returned a kickoff back for a TD. I think some of the varsity was in on Jackson's other score. Morgan scored late in the 4th Qrtr. v/s the JV. I know you are probably saying: Jackson & Morgan aren't that good. Well, Pineville & Bourbon aren't very good either. Go Pirates!!!!!!!!
:redboxer:

First im glad to see Powell doing well this year its time for a good change for football. I do know fist hand that Pineville and Bourbon is better than Morgan and Jackson but thats besides the point. I ws told from a friend that when Estill scrimmaged Jackson that Estill scored on the first or second touch of each series and they even threw a few TD's. Jackson coulnd not even stop the JV. Im not saying that Powell wont score but I promise one thing you cant stop the run of Estill. The only people that can stop the run will be themselves by not doing what they are suppose to. Estills D is very much improved and the seconday is not as weak as it was in the past. This is straight from good friends at Estill. I have not watched either team play this year but I CANT WAIT TILL FRIDAY cause i will be at this one.:Thumbs:
MR. NOBODY Wrote:First im glad to see Powell doing well this year its time for a good change for football. I do know fist hand that Pineville and Bourbon is better than Morgan and Jackson but thats besides the point. I ws told from a friend that when Estill scrimmaged Jackson that Estill scored on the first or second touch of each series and they even threw a few TD's. Jackson coulnd not even stop the JV. Im not saying that Powell wont score but I promise one thing you cant stop the run of Estill. The only people that can stop the run will be themselves by not doing what they are suppose to. Estills D is very much improved and the seconday is not as weak as it was in the past. This is straight from good friends at Estill. I have not watched either team play this year but I CANT WAIT TILL FRIDAY cause i will be at this one.:Thumbs:
We came out very flat with Jackson. If we played the 1st Qrtr. like we did the 2nd & 3rd, It would not have been a close ballgame at all. Fact is, we "DID" come out flat and that's the bottom line. We have got to come out with guns a blazin'. I look forward to some good ole' smashmouth football Friday. Go Pirates!!!!!!!
TongueirateSku :Skull03:
Estillfootballgirl Wrote:I Was On That Field... And Still Am On That Field With The Team...But Come On Guys...That's Really Not At All What This Thread Is About.... We Can Discuss This Forever But Its Not Going To Change Anything...It Happened, It's Done And Over With...You Have Your Opinion And I Have Mine...And We Won't Agree...So Lets Just Leave It At That...And Stick With The Topic Of The Thread Big Grin

Well said Estill football girl! :rockon:
I don't think either team is going to stop each other. This is going to be a game of ball control and with the double wing offense that estill runs they have a big advantage. I'm predicting a really close high scoring game.

I remember. Trust me, as a player, when you get beat and are looking across the field and as time expires the other team runs and belly dives across the field you get very frustrated. We lost 20-0 in "Hurricane Hugo" moving through KY and the other coach did not want to play the next day because we were a high powered offense, and the conditions favored him. To me it was disrectful, they didn't shake hands first just slid. Now, the next year we had the same situation, except it was at our place. The only game we played in the rain, we had the team 28-0 at half. At the end of the third quarter it was 49-0 after a good talkin too from our head coach at half. With 2:00 minutes left in the game we called timeout. Our coach told us that we were "NOT" going to look like a bunch of" ***holes" and slide across the field, we were going to be respectful and shake their hands. He made us play with class and respect others win or lose. Didn't mean to write a book just wanted to let you know as a player when someone does that to you, it is disrectful, plus it tears up your field. Had to get that in there.
RuffBaller Wrote:i have been inattendance to all of Powell's games this year and what i have seen is good. They have improved tremendously since last year. I believe that those engineers will have a game on their hands, but i believe that those Pirates have three times the heart estill has and just as much talent. If Powell County comes out and lays it all on the line and plays their ***'s of then I think they will leave Irvine with a big W.

Powell--36
Estill--27

You all are facing a different type of "animal" this week. This is not bunnies you are playing, trust me. I am not putting you all down in anyway, you all have had a great start and have some great kids, but what you will see Friday will be totally different from the first two weeks.
blitz43 Wrote:I think Powell has only given up 6 or 12 on varsity. I know Jackson returned a kickoff back for a TD. I think some of the varsity was in on Jackson's other score. Morgan scored late in the 4th Qrtr. v/s the JV. I know you are probably saying: Jackson & Morgan aren't that good. Well, Pineville & Bourbon aren't very good either. Go Pirates!!!!!!!!
:redboxer:

This week is a different "MACHINE" for Powell to handle. The bunnies have stopped jumping. However, I wish the best of luck to both teams. Powell has some fine players and so does Estill. Hope it is a good clean game.
NIECE Wrote:This week is a different "MACHINE" for Powell to handle. The bunnies have stopped jumping. However, I wish the best of luck to both teams. Powell has some fine players and so does Estill. Hope it is a good clean game.

"Hope it is a good clean game" are you kidding me? This is Powell v/s Estill @ your place. These rivalry games are usually anything but clean. I hope too, but doubt it. See ya down there. You better throw ya hand up to me or something...Later!
TongueirateSho
blitz43 Wrote:"Hope it is a good clean game" are you kidding me? This is Powell v/s Estill @ your place. These rivalry games are usually anything but clean. I hope too, but doubt it. See ya down there. You better throw ya hand up to me or something...Later!
TongueirateSho

I won't be there, I will be in Louisville with my children. I hope it is a good, clean, aggressive game, it is very embarrassing to both teams when it's not, especially the home team. Peace
I agree, I just hope Estill doesnt under estimate Powell because they HAVE improved. But I think our boys know better!

I dont know about PC, but EC is PUMPED! :rockon:
loves2cheer Wrote:I agree, I just hope Estill doesnt under estimate Powell because they HAVE improved. But I think our boys know better!

I dont know about PC, but EC is PUMPED! :rockon:

Powell is pumped. It is gonna be a great game. Gonna be alot of energy going into this game. Best of luck to both teams!!
It's going to be a great game. The game of the year to most of the Powell County Seniors. A game I'll never forget. Everything is one the line Friday. OH YEA!
Powell will be fired up as well. I mean, come on. If you can't get fired up for this game, your wood must be wet.
This is probably one of the best rivalry games in the state. I haven't seen Estill this year but I hear they look really good. Powell has had a great start to their season and have a lot of confidence going into this game. I know most people have Estill taking this one, but in a rivalry game anything can happen. I really believe it is going to be a fun and exciting game to watch. Good luck to both teams!
blitz43 Wrote:If you can't get fired up for this game, your wood must be wet.

I have never heard this saying before, but I like it. Well said. :Thumbs:
estill fan Wrote:Why is Powell Co. out of school?

It is their fair day.
Grid Iron fan Wrote:I have never heard this saying before, but I like it. Well said. :Thumbs:
An old preacher friend of mine used to say that concerning church. He'd say if that testimony, song, sermon, etc. don't move you, your fire must be wet. I thought it went well with a big rivalry.....LOL
:flame:
I'm keeping my eye on this one. Best of luck to both teams!
Estill by 3 tds.
Powell will win by a landslide.
Just over 24 hours until game time! I can't wait for this one! I hope it lives up to what everyone is saying on here, but personally, I don't see it being anything other than a blowout in favor of Estill County. Go Neers!
ecqb8 Wrote:Just over 24 hours until game time! I can't wait for this one! I hope it lives up to what everyone is saying on here, but personally, I don't see it being anything other than a blowout in favor of Estill County. Go Neers!

In approximately 28 hours and ten minutes till kick off!!! I cant wait!!!
mexican yao#60 Wrote:Powell will win by a landslide.

:thatsfunn
estill co 28
powell 14