•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updates on Junior league baseball tournaments
THUGLIFE#1 Wrote:Man ive had ur backs too. I was just sayin It was A MISTAKE, AND NO ONES PERFECT

OK I'll take that but I wish you understood. He didn't SLING the bat, he didnt throw it around. If we breathed to hard it was on. I saw bats and helmets flying all week. NOTHING. And thats fine. We didnt complain. Then, This kid, upset with himself and the calls made all week, throws the bat to the ground, upset, but to the ground where it belongs, never said a word and is thrown out of the game??? It was completely uncalled for. I swear compared to what Ive seen in the past 20 years it didn't even deserve a warning. But you had to be there. You had to see it happen...or not happen.
I have witnessed Belfry fans in action. Not a pretty thing. No, the kids should not have to pay for what the adults do, but the adults should at one point realize what they are doing to and teaching these kids with their actions at a ballgame. If the fans were what was causing the problem, then the fans should have sit down and shutup and not put these kids in jeopardy. Karma sucks.
baseballrulz Wrote:I have witnessed Belfry fans in action. Not a pretty thing. No, the kids should not have to pay for what the adults do, but the adults should at one point realize what they are doing to and teaching these kids with their actions at a ballgame. If the fans were what was causing the problem, then the fans should have sit down and shutup and not put these kids in jeopardy. Karma sucks.

Yeah, Karma sucks but you weren't there to witness what happened. Believe you me.... we were NOT in full force.... It could have been MUCH... and I do mean MUCH worse!!!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
baseballrulz Wrote:I have witnessed Belfry fans in action. Not a pretty thing. No, the kids should not have to pay for what the adults do, but the adults should at one point realize what they are doing to and teaching these kids with their actions at a ballgame. If the fans were what was causing the problem, then the fans should have sit down and shutup and not put these kids in jeopardy. Karma sucks.

Belfry fans NEVER cut on other kids/teams but we DO have a huge fan base and we DO cheer on our Pirates. We DO stick up for our kids if done wrong, but I've never seen a crowd that didnt get excited if their team is being done wrong!! Never! Especially when you've worked that hard and spent that kind of $$$ and spent a week out of town for a State Championship. Ill say it again, give the winner the win no matter who they are, but let the kids decide who that is!
Pirates~R~Us Wrote:Belfry fans NEVER cut on other kids/teams but we DO have a huge fan base and we DO cheer on our Pirates. We DO stick up for our kids if done wrong, but I've never seen a crowd that didnt get excited if their team is being done wrong!! Never! Especially when you've worked that hard and spent that kind of $$$ and spent a week out of town for a State Championship. Ill say it again, give the winner the win no matter who they are, but let the kids decide who that is!

EEEWWWWWW...... I LOVE this post!!!

Dang right we were cheering those babies on!!!! :letsparty AND will be doing it in football, basketball, travel ball, whatever kind of ball they decide to play..... we KNOW our roll!!! LOL......Cool

:mad:
phs1986 Wrote:You are very welcome!! Tell that young man of yours to "smack" a couple for me and the boys from Belfry tomorrow!!!

Good Luck!!!
I will tell him. He had a home run yesterday and hit one off the fence today. We have one kid that has had 4 home runs in this tournament (none against Belfry though). I sure wish we could have finished that game.
This is the worst officiated tournament I have ever played in. Im not a person who likes to complain but Im going go ahead and say it. Ive never been screwed the way I was in london. Ive been to 3 state tourneys and this one was terrible. I hope that the junior league state tournament will never be held at London Ky ever again.
phs1986 Wrote:EXACTLY!!! These babies ALL of them (each team involved) have worked hard to get to where they were at....... in the state tourney. This itself is a wonderful accomplishment and they deserved much more than they got!!!

I can tell you one team that didn't work their butt off to get there.Smile

I think District 6 holds it year after next.
I sure hope somebody different holds it.
PiratePride Wrote:I sure hope somebody different holds it.

No matter who they give it to, Little League is going to have to step it up and make sure they have someone who really wants it and who can hold a quality tournment with respect and make sure that everyone involved is unbiased and there for the kids. The umps need to act more professional. After the way they behaved nobody can complain about any fans behaviors. It was child like and comical. One guy in charge kept saying things all week (before the day of the last incident) about all of this being a bunch of crap and stuff, that he was sick of all of it, couldnt wait till it was over, ect ect. I dont know what all he was talking about but if thats how he felt he shouldn't be involved or hosting. They didn't make our coaches show their cards! Anyone could have coached our team. They laughed at us when we told them the rules that had to be followed and the paperwork that had to be turned in here at Belfry and at Paintsville. It was a mess thats for sure. They wern't worried about LL rules, but when we had a child needing to come for a fews hours on a day that there was only one game (ours of course) they couldnt bend! They acted like yea we could play at 7 instead of 5, then changed their mind. When the games got rained out they let Bowling Green drive for hours to get to the game just to be told it was cancelled. They were calling our principle here, who called someone else, who in turn called me in London one morning to tell us that days games were canceled. They had the coaches and wives numbers. We were 2 min away at the motel. Its been one crazy week. People think our complaints are over one call. They didn't give us any calls all week. That last ridiculas call that punished a bunch of kids was just the straw that broke the camels back. It was bad all week long all the way around.
:confused:
Pirates~R~Us Wrote:No matter who they give it to, Little League is going to have to step it up and make sure they have someone who really wants it and who can hold a quality tournment with respect and make sure that everyone involved is unbiased and there for the kids. The umps need to act more professional. After the way they behaved nobody can complain about any fans behaviors. It was child like and comical. One guy in charge kept saying things all week (before the day of the last incident) about all of this being a bunch of crap and stuff, that he was sick of all of it, couldnt wait till it was over, ect ect. I dont know what all he was talking about but if thats how he felt he shouldn't be involved or hosting. They didn't make our coaches show their cards! Anyone could have coached our team. They laughed at us when we told them the rules that had to be followed and the paperwork that had to be turned in here at Belfry and at Paintsville. It was a mess thats for sure. They wern't worried about LL rules, but when we had a child needing to come for a fews hours on a day that there was only one game (ours of course) they couldnt bend! They acted like yea we could play at 7 instead of 5, then changed their mind. When the games got rained out they let Bowling Green drive for hours to get to the game just to be told it was cancelled. They were calling our principle here, who called someone else, who in turn called me in London one morning to tell us that days games were canceled. They had the coaches and wives numbers. We were 2 min away at the motel. Its been one crazy week.
:confused:

Wasn't this the morning after our coaches had been there and already knew what was going on? He had told them the night before. I guess he didn't know who he was discussing this with..????? LOL... You are correct about it being a crazy week. AND the town of London is probably around OH.... $12,000 richer thanks to us pike countians!

phs1986 Wrote:Wasn't this the morning after our coaches had been there and already knew what was going on? He had told them the night before. I guess he didn't know who he was discussing this with..????? LOL... You are correct about it being a crazy week. AND the town of London is probably around OH.... $12,000 richer thanks to us pike countians!

Yes it was because we knew the night before.....Well they told us about 11:30 pm after that 11 inning game ended, that we wouldnt be playing the next day after all and that was the prettiest day of the week!! By this time the rooms already had to be paid for and it was to late to come home for work. And they were calling for storms for the following day. There was two days we could have played ball!
Pirates~R~Us Wrote:Yes it was because we knew the night before.....Well they told us about 11:30 pm after that 11 inning game ended, that we wouldnt be playing the next day after all and that was the prettiest day of the week!! By this time the rooms already had to be paid for and it was to late to come home for work. And they were calling for storms for the following day. There was two days we could have played ball!

Yep.. those rains that we got were there and gone in no time. Yes, the field was probably nice and wet but it really needed a good rain on it. It was HARD!! A good field crew would have had that ready to go in an hour or so. One of the 2 days though he told them he had to be somewhere and they woudln't be playing due to that fact. Wasn't there an ADA that could have stepped in and run the games for that day? To be totally honest, I am glad we are outta that place and PRAY that whomever hosts next year will NOT take any advice from them.

Good Luck Bowling Green... bring it home!!!

Well it's all over now, Thank God. Bowling Green /Warren County beat Richmond 12-2 to win the Championship. It"s a shame the two best teams in the state didn't get to see who really was the best because of one terrible call. We will try to represent Belfry and Kentucky in Ft. Wayne next week. I'll keep you all posted about the games.
Congratulations!!! Best of luck at the next level!
adopted purple Wrote:Well it's all over now, Thank God. Bowling Green /Warren County beat Richmond 12-2 to win the Championship. It"s a shame the two best teams in the state didn't get to see who really was the best because of one terrible call. We will try to represent Belfry and Kentucky in Ft. Wayne next week. I'll keep you all posted about the games.

CONGRATS from all of the Pond Creek Nation!

We will be rooting you on in Indiana (from home of course)!!

TongueirateSho
adopted purple Wrote:Well it's all over now, Thank God. Bowling Green /Warren County beat Richmond 12-2 to win the Championship. It"s a shame the two best teams in the state didn't get to see who really was the best because of one terrible call. We will try to represent Belfry and Kentucky in Ft. Wayne next week. I'll keep you all posted about the games.

:Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead
CONGRATS!!!!! Job well done!!

I agree with ya. I would have loved to have gotten to finish that game up. I guess some of the adults saw it differently though....

NOW... you all go take care of business in Ft. Wayne. PLEASE keep us posted on how the boys are doing. We are proud of you all and have nothing but great hopes for your team!!! :Clap:

Thanks to all.
Thanks to this tournament Ill never play little league again and I know of other people that wont either.

CONGRATS!! AND Thank you! We'll be cheering you on from Belfry :Thumbs: Win it for both of us! Yes please do keep us posted.
Hey man do not let a bunch of stuiped grown people get you down .You and the rest of your ball team are a great group of young MEN that know how to play ball .I for one am very proud of you and the team.I had a GREAT week at state.WE had alot of fun down there.When we think of London we must think of the good times had by all with new freinds and old freinds and how we came together as family does {one for all-all for one}
After 12 year olds LL is not very good. Most either play Babe Ruth or travel, I have no idea why. I always enjoyed LL. But Seeing Babe Ruth state for years, the top teams in it are just a good margin better than the top teams in LL. Not saying that LL doesn't have good teams, but I think it is easier to compete at LL state, than Babe Ruth, or for sure on a traveling team scale. It sounds like Belfry got the shaft, but my question is why they weren't allowed to finish the game with 8 like is supposed to be allowed? Because if I were a coach, I wouldn't have left the field until every inch of the rulebook was searched looking for the rule that said they could not continue with 8.
Panther Thunder Wrote:After 12 year olds LL is not very good. Most either play Babe Ruth or travel, I have no idea why. I always enjoyed LL. But Seeing Babe Ruth state for years, the top teams in it are just a good margin better than the top teams in LL. Not saying that LL doesn't have good teams, but I think it is easier to compete at LL state, than Babe Ruth, or for sure on a traveling team scale. It sounds like Belfry got the shaft, but my question is why they weren't allowed to finish the game with 8 like is supposed to be allowed? Because if I were a coach, I wouldn't have left the field until every inch of the rulebook was searched looking for the rule that said they could not continue with 8.

They left the field because the were told if they didn't they would call the "police" on them. WHICH were called within the five minutes that it took to contact central, Williamsport, Williamsport contact central back and central contact the TD back. WHEN the tournament director said he was calling back to central region he was on the phone with the local police department. Whats funny though... one of the police officers himself told me personally he would not quit reporting this until he saw some results. They had the same problems last year out of this bunch. WHY would LL fathom letting them host it again is beyond me???

Congrats again to Warren Co./Bowling Green.....

Just to let you all know. Bowling Green East won the 11 and 12 year old State Championship and will play in Indianapolis on August 1st in the Great Lakes Region. They have a very good team and have a shot at making the World Series as well. I may have to mortgage my house just to watch our teams play baseball next month. You only live once.
adopted purple Wrote:Just to let you all know. Bowling Green East won the 11 and 12 year old State Championship and will play in Indianapolis on August 1st in the Great Lakes Region. They have a very good team and have a shot at making the World Series as well. I may have to mortgage my house just to watch our teams play baseball next month. You only live once.
Congratulations, Purple. Sounds like you guys got it going down that way. Best of luck the rest of the way. We'll be watching and rooting for you guys.
For the Belfry sham, sounds extremely dissapointing, if it all went down the way it sounds like it did. Ive watched that group of boys for a few years now and they really impressed me each year. I'm sure they will make some noise in school ball the next few years.
I'm with P Thunder on the "finish with 8" rule. Was it addressed to the umpire-in-chief or the tourney director? That seems to be your major issue that could really cause for some problems for the DA and whoever else proclaimed authority over, what seems to be, a gomm of a tourney.
P.S.... there will be a couple of Babe Ruth Tournament teams next year (14u and 16u) in Johnson Co. With no Babe Ruth offered in Belfry, come see us. Wink
Good job guys.
Everything was addressed to the umpires our coach appealed to williamsport but the tourney director wouldnt do that. And isnt there supposed to be warnings issued before ejection is ever thought about.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Congratulations, Purple. Sounds like you guys got it going down that way. Best of luck the rest of the way. We'll be watching and rooting for you guys.
For the Belfry sham, sounds extremely dissapointing, if it all went down the way it sounds like it did. Ive watched that group of boys for a few years now and they really impressed me each year. I'm sure they will make some noise in school ball the next few years.
I'm with P Thunder on the "finish with 8" rule. Was it addressed to the umpire-in-chief or the tourney director? That seems to be your major issue that could really cause for some problems for the DA and whoever else proclaimed authority over, what seems to be, a gomm of a tourney.
P.S.... there will be a couple of Babe Ruth Tournament teams next year (14u and 16u) in Johnson Co. With no Babe Ruth offered in Belfry, come see us. Wink
Good job guys.
The entire tournment was a disaster. The other teams, the cops lol everyone was disappointed and had our backs. Thanks for the support and we may be calling you :Thumbs:
adopted purple Wrote:Just to let you all know. Bowling Green East won the 11 and 12 year old State Championship and will play in Indianapolis on August 1st in the Great Lakes Region. They have a very good team and have a shot at making the World Series as well. I may have to mortgage my house just to watch our teams play baseball next month. You only live once.
Take it to em :redboxer: Pond Creeks behind you
Panther Thunder Wrote:After 12 year olds LL is not very good. Most either play Babe Ruth or travel, I have no idea why. I always enjoyed LL. But Seeing Babe Ruth state for years, the top teams in it are just a good margin better than the top teams in LL. Not saying that LL doesn't have good teams, but I think it is easier to compete at LL state, than Babe Ruth, or for sure on a traveling team scale. It sounds like Belfry got the shaft, but my question is why they weren't allowed to finish the game with 8 like is supposed to be allowed? Because if I were a coach, I wouldn't have left the field until every inch of the rulebook was searched looking for the rule that said they could not continue with 8.

It was bad all week. They didnt want us there and they had called it before a rule book could be opened. We didnt know why we couldnt continue either. It was pitiful what they did to these kids. Now they are spouting false info to validate what they did.
Pirates~R~Us Wrote:It was bad all week. They didnt want us there and they had called it before a rule book could be opened. We didnt know why we couldnt continue either. It was pitiful what they did to these kids. Now they are spouting false info to validate what they did.

Check yoru PM's Pirates... I just sent you some info....

Rule book???? Do ya think they had seen one before??? LOL..... :lmao:

•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next