Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tate Cox ruled ineligible (RUMOR)
Just heard alittle while ago, that Tate was ruled ineligible...Any confirmation on this?
I don't see how in the world Tate could be ineligible. But usually first time through, you almost always are ruled ineligible!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I don't see how in the world Tate could be ineligible. But usually first time through, you almost always are ruled ineligible!

Maybe this will help you out alittle bit...

According to KHSAA rules, you have a change in address in order for the student/athlete to be eligible. So Tate's family would have to have a change in address for Tate to be eligible at Knott Central next season even though he lives in the Knott County School District.
Based on the KHSAA rules- I too would think he would be ineligible. But- who would have thought the Newman kid at Betsy Layne woule have been eligible as a 5th year Senior. Guess we will have to wait and see.
If Tate is ineligible, wouldn't the Hall kid who also transferred from JBS be ineligible also?
Everyone gets ruled ineligible the first time, no big deal, he'll be in uniform next season for KCC.
I wouldnt be so sure of changing address and getting elegible. This year Knox Central got a Bell transfer for football and baseball whom changed address. He did not get elegible and wont play until baseball season of next year his senior year.
TheMasterpiece Wrote:Everyone gets ruled ineligible the first time, no big deal, he'll be in uniform next season for KCC.

You have not dealt with the KHSAA much. He will NOT be ruled eligible unless he has a bonafide change of residence. Just because he lives in the district already and things did not turn out at JBS like he wanted does not mean he will be ruled eligible. It does not matter whether it is the first time or an appeal. I look for him to move somewhere else.
TheMasterpiece Wrote:Everyone gets ruled ineligible the first time, no big deal, he'll be in uniform next season for KCC.

No they do not. If he doesn't move, he will not be eligible. Especially if JBS has a basketball team next year.
the dark wizard Wrote:I wouldnt be so sure of changing address and getting elegible. This year Knox Central got a Bell transfer for football and baseball whom changed address. He did not get elegible and wont play until baseball season of next year his senior year.
What about the three boys from Rose Hill who just happened to move at the same time to Scott Co. I guess thst had nothing to do with basketball. Their ndaddys just up and lost their jobs at the same time. They could have sold their Mercedes.
fly on the wall Wrote:What about the three boys from Rose Hill who just happened to move at the same time to Scott Co. I guess thst had nothing to do with basketball. Their ndaddys just up and lost their jobs at the same time. They could have sold their Mercedes.

You don't have a clue! You need to get your facts straight before posting. Not one sentence you wrote is true.
Think about it Goodguy...the three families moved due to employment issues, especially Euton. The rule clearly says you must relocate for some purpose other than athlectics before you will be ruled eligible. The jury may have issues with one of these kids, but unfortunately for the rest of the state, it appears the other two will clear easily!
divadawg Wrote:Think about it Goodguy...the three families moved due to employment issues, especially Euton. The rule clearly says you must relocate for some purpose other than athlectics before you will be ruled eligible. The jury may have issues with one of these kids, but unfortunately for the rest of the state, it appears the other two will clear easily!

What makes you think one of them will have a problem?
I heard this a little while back.

There is no way a player changes schools without an address change and is ruled eligible.

BTW, Even if he changes addresses now, he will not be eligible at KCC.

Hope he gets eligible somewhere, I like watching him play.
fly on the wall Wrote:What about the three boys from Rose Hill who just happened to move at the same time to Scott Co. I guess thst had nothing to do with basketball. Their ndaddys just up and lost their jobs at the same time. They could have sold their Mercedes.
I think it was two kids from Rose Hill.
If he went back to JBS would he be eligible to play there this season?
rojas Wrote:I think it was two kids from Rose Hill.
There were 3 kids from Rose Hill. Euton, Jackson and Flannery.
jumpshot Wrote:There were 3 kids from Rose Hill. Euton, Jackson and Flannery.

Euton and Jackson were from Rose Hill and Flannery was from Boone Co.
I cannot speak about this situation but a close friend of my family was in the same situation and I assure you. Unless he moves or his parents divorces and one moves, he will not be playing there the next year. My friends had to divorce AND move in order for their child to play at another school.
There are some circumstances that casued him to have to transfer. This will come out in the appeal and my guess will be no one could turn a kid down with the appeal reason they have. Plus I heard his mom works at KCC now as a guidance counsler
Revealing personal information is against BGR rules, if anyone else does so they will be suspended.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:I heard this a little while back.

There is no way a player changes schools without an address change and is ruled eligible.

BTW, Even if he changes addresses now, he will not be eligible at KCC.

Hope he gets eligible somewhere, I like watching him play.

That is not neccessarily true. If they have an academic excuse. For Example, If a school a kid is at is in educational ruins, and they are near the bottom of the testing scores, then a kid can claim academic reason to transfer. The school they are going to can't be near the bottom, but they can still transfer without completely changing addresses and be eligible. That is the only other way that I know of a kid can get ruled eligible after transferring.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:That is not neccessarily true. If they have an academic excuse. For Example, If a school a kid is at is in educational ruins, and they are near the bottom of the testing scores, then a kid can claim academic reason to transfer. The school they are going to can't be near the bottom, but they can still transfer without completely changing addresses and be eligible. That is the only other way that I know of a kid can get ruled eligible after transferring.
The above statement is false. Attached is a link the the KHSAA transfer rule.

http://www.khsaa.org/handbook/bylaws/bylaw6.pdf

Please read the last sentence of the second paragraph of Sec. 1. The rule clearly states that the "KHSAA will not recognize as grounds for a waiver of the period of ineligibility an argument that the educational needs of the transferring student would be better served by a waiver.
rojas Wrote:The above statement is false. Attached is a link the the KHSAA transfer rule.

http://www.khsaa.org/handbook/bylaws/bylaw6.pdf

Please read the last sentence of the second paragraph of Sec. 1. The rule clearly states that the "KHSAA will not recognize as grounds for a waiver of the period of ineligibility an argument that the educational needs of the transferring student would be better served by a waiver.

You are right in the sense that the ineligibility would be the same. But the lenght of time he/she is ineligible is not the same. For example, I know of three instances of this happening this past year. A student transfered in the first semester of school due to eduactional reasons from a school whose school was at the bottom for testing to a school in which they were near the top. They were not eligible in the same semester, but they were eligible in the second semester. I will not mention names and these three people came from two different schools. If this would have been a case of someone just up and changing schools they would have to sit the whole year, but at the eligibility hearing they were ruled eligible by their second semester. The hearings make a big difference, and yes they make it sound like in the transferring rules that it doesn't matter what educational purpose, but I am hear to tell you I seen it myself, and was actually at one of the hearings in which this took place. You are right in a sense, but it is simply a case by case basis.
I think he will be playing next season
bobcatfan22 Wrote:I think he will be playing next season

Please elaborate.
What about the problems that was going on with the administration at JBS? Would these be enough of a reason for Tate and Brent to become eligible?
bobcatfan22 Wrote:I think he will be playing next season

Yes, he will more than likely be playing next season but just where might that be? IMO his parents along with KCC will do everything in their power to make this transfer legit. Can they actually pull this off? I would say no at this point.
Any transfer is not the easiest thing to make eligible...i honestly think the folks from kcc and tate cox have nothing to worry about.
bobcatfan22 Wrote:Any transfer is not the easiest thing to make eligible...i honestly think the folks from kcc and tate cox have nothing to worry about.

How would he be able to play?