Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING NEWS: Landon Slone Now A Kentucky Wildcat
Lawrence Wrote:Congrats Landon!!! He is a great player and will be a solid contributor for the Cats. Go get 'em Tiger!!

Im not saying hes a bad player, im saying he shouldnt be at uk. He Should be playing at some smaller school, because honestly i dont see him doing much at uk.
Super_de Wrote:i dont understand how he can be a scholly player in a year? yes landon is a good player in the 15th region but can you honestly tell me hes going to do something at uk, when he has to play people more quicker,athletic, and shoot better. So i mean its great for him, but i just dont see why uk wanted him to go there.
I remember another kid from Paintsville that went to UK and all I heard at that time were people saying he could't cut it down there. I think he's in Arkansas somewhere right now.Wink
Always gonna be "Nay Sayers" out there. Be it, Middles School, High School or College. Screw'em and keep doing what you're doing son. We are proud of you, wether it be 2 pts or 20 pts a game. You gave us all some great memories. Good Luck in whatever life brings at ya.
Congrats. I guarded the guy when we played them this year and trust me, this is were he needs to play. the kids extremely good.
Super_de Wrote:Im not saying hes a bad player, im saying he shouldnt be at uk. He Should be playing at some smaller school, because honestly i dont see him doing much at uk.
If I'm not mistaken, this same Landon Slone you speak of, put up over 20 points against the so called 9th best player in the nation in Scotty Hopson. I believe that is proof enough that Landon is good enough to play at UK. Plus, that is the reason Billy G is putting him as a walkon for a year is to see this kid develop. I mean, look at Mark Coury. Coach G pulled him from his walkon status and put him on scholarship this year. We all know that Landon is 10X better than Coury.

Anyways, congrats to Landon and his whole family. I have known he and his family for a long time and am tickled to death to see this happen. Again congrats to him, and can't wait to see him excel at the next level.
Congrats Landon Very Well Deserved
This is awesome news and I am sure Landon will represent all of East Ky very well. I think it is great that he will get the chance to show his talents and Coach G has showed that he does not care who you are that everyone gets the same opportunity. I think this is a good reflection to the talent that is in East Ky and I sure am proud of him...
Congrats Landon!!!! All your Tiger fans will be watching and cheering for you over the coming years. We know you will do well wherever you are and whatever you choose to do. Don't let anything anyone says get you down. Go Big Blue!!!
Good Luck Young Man!!
well Congrats to him, Now hopefully he can just get some playing time while he is there.
I have seen the kid play once in the state tournament and I was impressed with his shooting and understanding of the game. I know people are going to say he may or may not be good enough to play but I do know that it doesnt take 5 McDonalds All Americans to be successful and win. Look at what Davidson did in the NCAA and they could have very well beat Kansas. The kid can shoot, thats more that we can say about most of the kids already on the UK roster. Some people who dont fully understand basketball think because you cant do a two hand reverse dunk you cant play the game. Also, he was very well coached in highschool and I'm sure that helps. I'm not from Paintsville and don't even know the kid. Good luck to Slone, if Coach Gillespie wants him he sees something in him he likes.
Landon is the best (and most deserving to play at UK) player to come out of the mountains in years. And yes, as somene said earlier, he can definately shoot as good as any other player on their roster. Landon has always stepped up his game as needed to beat an opposing team, he will do fine at UK.

CONGRATULATIONS LANDON...........you deserve it, keep up the hard work.
IRISH4 Wrote:From my understanding he is going to UK as a preferred walk-on and after 1 season he will be playing on scholarship.
He might get a academic scholarship but I dont see Billy G using one of his Basketball Scholarships on him. I say he will be a Walk-On all 4 years.
RavenBoy Wrote:He might get a academic scholarship but I dont see Billy G using one of his Basketball Scholarships on him. I say he will be a Walk-On all 4 years.

May very well be the case, but I'm telling you what came straight from his sister's mouth when I spoke with her last night and that information is a lot credible than any beliefs. She told me that Billy G told Landon that he would put him on scholarship after a season of work down there, it might not be one year maybe two but I look for the kid to earn his spot at UK.
Congrats Landon you deserve it!
RavenBoy Wrote:He might get a academic scholarship but I dont see Billy G using one of his Basketball Scholarships on him. I say he will be a Walk-On all 4 years.

Who cares if it is a walk on or not??? He has signed to play basketball for the university of Kentucky, the greatest basketball school in the world... It is every players dream come true... He will do better at UK than most people think, he has the work ethic that Billy G. loves, it will carry him along way... You few select people on here need to quit with this negative crap, an give the boy his due respect...
kyr450 Wrote:Who cares if it is a walk on or not??? He has signed to play basketball for the university of Kentucky, the greatest basketball school in the world... It is every players dream come true... He will do better at UK than most people think, he has the work ethic that Billy G. loves, it will carry him along way... You few select people on here need to quit with this negative crap, an give the boy his due respect...

Couldn't agree more. This is every Kentucky boy's dream! Best of luck Landon!
Congrats from Hazard!!! Make the mountains proud!!!
Amen! I feel that everyone should be proud of this opportunity that Landon is going to have at UK>
kyr450 Wrote:You few select people on here need to quit with this negative crap, an give the boy his due respect...
If you think what I said was negative, something is wrong with you. Someone said he WAS going to get a Full ride next year and I said I didnt think so. Im tried of a SELECT FEW on here that if you dont 100% agree with someone then your bashing or saying negative things. Did I say he didnt deserve to go to UK? NO I DID NOT.
IRISH4 Wrote:May very well be the case, but I'm telling you what came straight from his sister's mouth when I spoke with her last night and that information is a lot credible than any beliefs. She told me that Billy G told Landon that he would put him on scholarship after a season of work down there, it might not be one year maybe two but I look for the kid to earn his spot at UK.
Im not saying your lying and you could be 100% correct but IMO I just dont see him getting a full basketball scholorship.
Congrats Landon!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Guys Landon is going to be a great asset to our program! To those who say he doesnt belong at UK and what is Billy thinking, well he is a walk-on! It wont count against our schollies and trust me he will get it done and make everyone from EKY proud the next four years!!
RavenBoy Wrote:If you think what I said was negative, something is wrong with you. Someone said he WAS going to get a Full ride next year and I said I didnt think so. Im tried of a SELECT FEW on here that if you dont 100% agree with someone then your bashing or saying negative things. Did I say he didnt deserve to go to UK? NO I DID NOT.

Did I say you??? I was talking about the few that was saying he didnt belong there... Now about you saying he would be a walk on all four years, If coury an porter can get scholy's Landon sure the **** can... Now if he has every thing paid for through the academic side then I dont see any reason in Billy having to give him any money...
If anyone in the mountains can play at UK. Its Landon.
kyr450 Wrote:Did I say you??? I was talking about the few that was saying he didnt belong there... Now about you saying he would be a walk on all four years, If coury an porter can get scholy's Landon sure the **** can... Now if he has every thing paid for through the academic side then I dont see any reason in Billy having to give him any money...
OK just making sure, but I havent seen any negitive post on this thread. Isnt Coury a Walk-on?
Interview with Slone...

blackcat_student Wrote:Interview with Slone...

What station was that broadcasted on?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:What station was that broadcasted on?

I'm pretty sure that WKYT or WYMT-tv did this.
blackcat_student Wrote:I'm pretty sure that WKYT or WYMT-tv did this.

Oh ok I thought it was on the radio for some reason. It sounded like they were interviewing him from telephone. Well I guess that could have been on TV too though huh?