Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING NEWS: Landon Slone Now A Kentucky Wildcat
No rumor to this and it is the truth. Just got off the phone with him and he is now a member of the UK Wildcats. He is on his way home as of right now and I am going to talk to him some more about the details of what went on today with his visit there. All I can say is congratulations on this great great honor and Lando you have made the whole family proud thats for sure!
congrats
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-STAT- Wrote:No rumor to this and it is the truth. Just got off the phone with him and he is now a member of the UK Wildcats. He is on his way home as of right now and I am going to talk to him some more about the details of what went on today with his visit there. All I can say is congratulations on this great great honor and Lando you have made the whole family proud thats for sure!
Walk-On or Scholarship player?
Before theres anymore post, I know how it gets on here. People will have their words both good and bad. But this is a huge accomplishment for a young man whose dream has always been to play for The University of Kentucky. This kid works harder and anybody and his ethic is unlike any other, I'm not saying this because Im cousins with the kid, but he really works hard at what he does and his love for the sport is uncanny, he has it both in his head and in his heart. So please lets just stick to the compliments and congrats, please no negativity just once! And again, congratulations Landon!
The Joker Wrote:Walk-On or Scholarship player?

I am going to talk to him some more about that. He told me that Gillispie had explained everything to him so I will find out anything else as soon as I can, but it is confirmed that he is now a UK Wildcat.
Congrats to Landon!! I love seeing KY boys wearing the Blue and White and it looks as if Gillispie is getting a couple of them to stay in state. Don't know how much PT he will see but if he practices hard BCG will reward him!!

CONGRATS!!

-STAT- Wrote:Before theres anymore post, I know how it gets on here. People will have their words both good and bad. But this is a huge accomplishment for a young man whose dream has always been to play for The University of Kentucky. This kid works harder and anybody and his ethic is unlike any other, I'm not saying this because Im cousins with the kid, but he really works hard at what he does and his love for the sport is uncanny, he has it both in his head and in his heart. So please lets just stick to the compliments and congrats, please no negativity just once! And again, congratulations Landon!
This is so true. Things from the past need to be forgotten. He is now a Wildcat so we will all be cheering for him in the future!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This is great! I knew something good would come out of his visit. congrats Landon, you truly deserve it!!!!! This should give everybody a reason to love the Cats again!
Congrats Landon! What a great accomplishment!
I just got off the phone with his sister and this is indeed the truth. She told me that Landon played against the team today during an open gym session and Landon said "God was on his side because he has never played that good." I think that this is an omen for great things to come for a kid that has worked his tail off to improve his game and to be where he is today. Congratulations Landon for your dream of wearing the Kentucky blue and white is now coming true!!!!!
Great news for 15th Region fans, everyone should be happy for this young man. Apparently gillespie saw something he likes and I think his mental toughness and heart is what stands out more than anything. He can handle discipline and the dedication it takes to be a player for UK. Congrats Landon and we are pulling for you buddy!!!!
If this is true that is AWESOME! I love to see red-headed Paintsville boys wearin' that UK blue and white. Way to go Lando!!!!
So have they comfirmed as walk-on or scholarship?
From my understanding he is going to UK as a preferred walk-on and after 1 season he will be playing on scholarship.
Congrats Landon
Congrats Landon
That Is Incredible. I Get Chills Just Reading The Posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big Congrats
Big Congrats to a well deserved player and young man!
IRISH4 Wrote:From my understanding he is going to UK as a preferred walk-on and after 1 season he will be playing on scholarship.
Doesn't he have a full academic scholarship?
The Joker Wrote:Doesn't he have a full academic scholarship?

I doubt it would be full. I'm not sure what his ACT is, but you need a 30 I think for a full and atleast a 3.5 or above. i'm not sure on that, but I think that is what it needs to be.
Takes a 31 ACT or a 1250 SAT to even apply for an Otis A. Singletary Scholarship (only full academic scholarship UK has),
This is awesome what a way to prove ppl wrong. This kid has given hope to the whole EKY community. Way to Landon I knew you could do it, now remember you education comes first.
Congrats Landon on becoming a Wildcat!!!
lord yeah. good stuff Landon!
Congrats!!
Way to go "Big Red", your drive and dedication should be a inspiration to all of the other young kids especially in the region that with a strong committment and strong work ethic dreams do come true.

Believe me, this is just the begininng, this kid is not going to go down there and be content with just sitting on the bench.

Landon, Keep that dream alive and remember where it all started !!!

Way to Go !!! and Give them H... Kid !!!
A-TRAIN Wrote:Takes a 31 ACT or a 1250 SAT to even apply for an Otis A. Singletary Scholarship (only full academic scholarship UK has),

Landon told me that he took the ACT 3 times and he his high score is 18.

Congrats Landon Big Grin
Congrats Basketball Mommy, I know you wanted this as much as anyone.Big Grin
Thats incredible!!! Congrats Landon!
Congrats Landon, you deserve it.
Goes 2 show u what hard work & dedication can do!

Congrats, from cross the creek!

Now we can cheer for ya, Ha Ha!
A-TRAIN Wrote:Takes a 31 ACT or a 1250 SAT to even apply for an Otis A. Singletary Scholarship (only full academic scholarship UK has),

How much does Robinson scholarship pay. Or an alumni scholarship. Or a Diedrich scholarship. There are plenty of scholarships out there. Im not sure but I think he made better than an 18 on his ACT but if not WHO CARES!!! Go big blue! Rolleyes