Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snow Advisory for Much of the State - Heavy Snow Warning for Harlan & Letcher
Right now they're calling for a general 1-3 inches of snow across KY with Southeastern KY getting the most accumulation.

It's supposed to start raining on Tuesday with temps in the 40's and then a front will come through and temps will quickly drop into the 20's, leaving 1-3 inches of snow across the region.

Of course, more details and better predictions will be available later tonight and into tomorrow.

Attached is the latest NAM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Just realized, that map may be a little small for some to read.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Accuweather.com is stating a possible 4 inches of snow when it's all said and done on Wednesday.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It snowed all day up here yesterday... I think that's all it does up here lol
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I just tell ya.... I'll believe it when I see it!! We have had these little dribble drabble snows all year long. Last week... we got NOTHING! SO....... until it starts to fall.... I'm not even gonna get my hopes up!! Sad

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
We have had a lot of snow the past week or so... I would say there is still 2 inches or more out there now. I'm starting to wish it wouldn't snow anymore lol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yeah I'm not going to hold my breath. Like PHS I'll believe it when I see it.
Won't believe it till my front porch has snow on it.
WSAZ reported tonight that Eastern Ky. and Southern WVa. could get 2"-4" by Thursday morning.
WKYT is saying 1-3 inches, the NAM and GFS are showing about 2 inches for Richmond.

Weather.com is saying 1 inch possible.

Accuweather.com is saying 2-5 inches possible for this area.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Snow Day Whooooooooo.
I'm with PHS1986.
Heavy Snow Warning for Letcher and Harlan.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
There is now a snow advisory for most of the Eastern part of the state.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1-2 inches expected for Central KY, while 2-4 possible in E. KY.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:1-2 inches expected for Central KY, while 2-4 possible in E. KY.

Do you think we will actually get any this time?
-STAT- Wrote:Do you think we will actually get any this time?

It depends on where you are. From Louisville to Pikeville should all see snow tonight into tomorrow, but it has been raining, so you can expect the first few hours of snow to melt when it hits the ground. Temps are supposed to drop into the 20 and stay there so the snow will stick at some point, it's just a matter of when.

Pikeville, Harlan, Letcher, all have good possibilities of seeing the most snow out of all of us. These areas will probably see around 3 inches IMO.

With the rest of Kentucky getting between 1 and 2 inches on the ground.

Western KY looks to be missing out on this one.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It's snowing hard here now.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
From the radar, a mix, then snow, will probably be moving into Lexington/Richmond by about 3 or 4 pm.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Here is Chris Bailey's expected snowfall map.

Of course, some areas may see more or less, but here is the prediction:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Even though the radar shows rain, it's snowing here in Richmond. Very big flakes coming down, rain mixed in here and there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It has switched over to all snow now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
850 temps are starting to cool drastically in the Central part of the state. Radar loops are usually around 15 minutes behind so it is possible for them to show rain but it actually be a mix and/or snow. 2M (surface) temps are still warm so naturally anything that falls will not stick at the onset. Around 6 o'clock is when things will start sticking. Ground temps are warm as well, but if we can get heavier bursts of snow, the snow will not have time to melt upon impact. Let's hope we can get some heavier squalls to come through. I'd say a general 2 inches will be likely in Eastern KY with locally higher amounts for those who encounter the heavier bands. Central KY will probably see around 2 inches as well. The further south you go in Central KY, the less snow you will see. Hopefully things will pan out this time.
ComfortEagle Wrote:It depends on where you are. From Louisville to Pikeville should all see snow tonight into tomorrow, but it has been raining, so you can expect the first few hours of snow to melt when it hits the ground. Temps are supposed to drop into the 20 and stay there so the snow will stick at some point, it's just a matter of when.

Pikeville, Harlan, Letcher, all have good possibilities of seeing the most snow out of all of us. These areas will probably see around 3 inches IMO.

With the rest of Kentucky getting between 1 and 2 inches on the ground.

Western KY looks to be missing out on this one.

I'm home right now in Floyd County. I came home from Morehead yesterday after classes. Do you have any updates on the Morehead area or surrounding areas?
Morehead will probably see an inch or two. While Floyd will probably get about 2 inches.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Raining well.... "misting" here in Pike right now...... LOL......

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
It has snowed all day up here around Cincinnati... not a lot is sticking though.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Snow has started again here.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Snow is hitting Pike County HARD! Doubt there will be school tomorrow around Eastern Kentucky.
I sure hope it quits snowing, it's about to get old.

I like snow days but I don't like going to school in June, I wish spring would come