Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central
The Lady Eagles have made a late push going 10-0 since their last loss to Pike Central. Has Wireman finally rallied the troops and have them ready to go to battle? After the wins over Ashland and Knott Co., the Lady Eagles are beginning to catch my eye as having the best chance to win the region. My girls and Butcher better watch their backs because the Lady Eagles are looking to spoil the Buckley's Creek Bash.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:The Lady Eagles have made a late push going 10-0 since their last loss to Pike Central. Has Wireman finally rallied the troops and have them ready to go to battle? After the wins over Ashland and Knott Co., the Lady Eagles are beginning to catch my eye as having the best chance to win the region. My girls and Butcher better watch their backs because the Lady Eagles are looking to spoil the Buckley's Creek Bash.

You can have your black and gold, heck I will buy you an eagle shirt. I will stick with the orange and blue all the way. Go lady hawks. The true blue and faithful will back you all the way to Diddle. Lady Hawks are the best team in the region. They had JC down by 30 in the 4th quarter and now 10 games later the lady eagles are the team to beat in the 15? I am not sure about that reasoning. Granted the lady hawks have not played their best in the later part of the season but they will show up and play their hearts out come tourney time. Look for me in the stands with my orange and blue (not black and gold).
whos your momma Wrote:You can have your black and gold, heck I will buy you an eagle shirt. I will stick with the orange and blue all the way. Go lady hawks. The true blue and faithful will back you all the way to Diddle. Lady Hawks are the best team in the region. They had JC down by 30 in the 4th quarter and now 10 games later the lady eagles are the team to beat in the 15? I am not sure about that reasoning. Granted the lady hawks have not played their best in the later part of the season but they will show up and play their hearts out come tourney time. Look for me in the stands with my orange and blue (not black and gold).

Don't get your panties in a twist, I was not saying they had the best chance I said they were opening my eyes. I have fought long and hard for Butcher and the girls it was just a statement and something to discuss.
whos your momma Wrote:You can have your black and gold, heck I will buy you an eagle shirt. I will stick with the orange and blue all the way. Go lady hawks. The true blue and faithful will back you all the way to Diddle. Lady Hawks are the best team in the region. They had JC down by 30 in the 4th quarter and now 10 games later the lady eagles are the team to beat in the 15? I am not sure about that reasoning. Granted the lady hawks have not played their best in the later part of the season but they will show up and play their hearts out come tourney time. Look for me in the stands with my orange and blue (not black and gold).

Go ahead and bask in your confidence. You must remember that in the first meeting PC only won by 5, and in the 2nd meeting it was pretty well even through the first 3 quarters or so. JC went into a sort of slump during Christmas but have overcome that and have been going strong.

I don't know how long you've been around the game of basketball, but I have a long while. During tournament time, it would be in the best interest of all not to make any over-confident statements, because it has often come back to biter the sayer in the ***. Oh, and by the way, I WILL be wearing my black and gold quite proudly.

Good luck to all!
BballFan63 Wrote:Go ahead and bask in your confidence. You must remember that in the first meeting PC only won by 5, and in the 2nd meeting it was pretty well even through the first 3 quarters or so. JC went into a sort of slump during Christmas but have overcome that and have been going strong.

I don't know how long you've been around the game of basketball, but I have a long while. During tournament time, it would be in the best interest of all not to make any over-confident statements, because it has often come back to biter the sayer in the ***. Oh, and by the way, I WILL be wearing my black and gold quite proudly.

Good luck to all!

First of all, I wasn't basking in any confidence, I was just giving a fellow Pike Central fan a hard time. Second, I have been around the sport of basketball for a long time. Yes, I know that tourney time can shake things up but that won't make me switch teams. I still feel that PC is the best team in the region. Yes they ONLY beat them by 5 in the first meeting and won the lady eagles home tourney. That says a lot right there, then they were up 30 in the 4th in their last meeting when Butcher took out his starters while Wireman left his in and brought the lead back down to under 20. I am confident in my lady hawks, just as I was last year and followed them all the way to Diddle.
whos your momma Wrote:First of all, I wasn't basking in any confidence, I was just giving a fellow Pike Central fan a hard time. Second, I have been around the sport of basketball for a long time. Yes, I know that tourney time can shake things up but that won't make me switch teams. I still feel that PC is the best team in the region. Yes they ONLY beat them by 5 in the first meeting and won the lady eagles home tourney. That says a lot right there, then they were up 30 in the 4th in their last meeting when Butcher took out his starters while Wireman left his in and brought the lead back down to under 20. I am confident in my lady hawks, just as I was last year and followed them all the way to Diddle.

That's awesome. We can both support our teams as it should be. I wasn't trying to get anyone to switch, and I didn't knock PC at all. Good Luck to your team, and I hope they have a safe and injury-free tournament.
BballFan63 Wrote:That's awesome. We can both support our teams as it should be. I wasn't trying to get anyone to switch, and I didn't knock PC at all. Good Luck to your team, and I hope they have a safe and injury-free tournament.

I also wish a healthy team for the lady eagles. I wasn't knocking them either. IMO they are a GREAT team. Like you said anything can happen in March. Hopefully these two teams can meet Friday night in the finals next week.
whos your momma Wrote:I also wish a healthy team for the lady eagles. I wasn't knocking them either. IMO they are a GREAT team. Like you said anything can happen in March. Hopefully these two teams can meet Friday night in the finals next week.
That would be great, and I hope both teams are lucky enough to make it there. It would be an awesome 3rd meeting for the two. Hey, have a good night.