Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region's Best Player
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Monday's Ashland Daily quotes Landon as saying that he did not want to go to a school such as Arkansas because he felt that he would have to redshirt his first year. He wanted to go to a smaller school where he would get the chance as a freshman to play immediately. Landon's own statement should end all of this UK and Louisville type school comments.

Reread my statement, I never said that he was going there and never said that he was being recruited. The only thing I said is that he was contacted by phone. This was coming straight from the Lexington-Herald and the Courier Journal. Still....I have no idea on who has offered him if anyone.
IRISH4 Wrote:Reread my statement, I never said that he was going there and never said that he was being recruited. The only thing I said is that he was contacted by phone. This was coming straight from the Lexington-Herald and the Courier Journal. Still....I have no idea on who has offered him if anyone.
Yeah I know you didn't say anything either way. I was just making the point of what Landon said that he wanted to do.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Monday's Ashland Daily quotes Landon as saying that he did not want to go to a school such as Arkansas because he felt that he would have to redshirt his first year. He wanted to go to a smaller school where he would get the chance as a freshman to play immediately. Landon's own statement should end all of this UK and Louisville type school comments.

well good im glad that argument has finally been put to rest, i wonder if he would consider pikeville college?....i know there program has become one of the best in the mid-south conference and they had spent part of the year ranked nationally in the top 25.
if landon is so good y did he blow the districts for the entire town of paintsville. according to eastern kentucky magoffin sucks
magoffin#10 Wrote:if landon is so good y did he blow the districts for the entire town of paintsville. according to eastern kentucky magoffin sucks

you need to quit with that, i pretty sure there are rules on here about bashing kids, and thats just rediculus for you to even say that....if you dont want people talking about magoffin county than dont make absurd comments like the one you just mad!!!!!!
Landon is great ball...the best in the 15th...what him and Paintsville is doing this season is great...best of luck to them and everyone else in the 15th...we have a lot of excellent talent that people really don't recognize.....but in my opinion i would personally love to see my fellow mtn. players succeed and do well...
Landon Slone, with Shane Grimm very very close behind. Then Elisha Justice.
magoffin#10 Wrote:if landon is so good y did he blow the districts for the entire town of paintsville. according to eastern kentucky magoffin sucks

How did he blow it, explain? I dont think the running 4 step 360 jumper that bricked off the back iron and rolled in is Landon's fault.
RedSeal Wrote:All im saying is that, IMO I don't think he can play at a major D-1 school like UK or U of L, but yea im sure he could play at like Marshall or Morehead

This thread isn't about D-1 prospects, it is about the best player in the 15th Region. If you want to talk about D-1 prospects and where they will play you can start a thread about it.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Yeah I know you didn't say anything either way. I was just making the point of what Landon said that he wanted to do.

OK, I need to take my own advice as I misread your post....Smile My fault on that, but if Landon wants to play immediately then I think he will end up at a mid-major or a team such as Georgetown who are nationally ranked in the NAIA which is a very good basketball league usually year in and year out.
IRISH4 Wrote:OK, I need to take my own advice as I misread your post....Smile My fault on that, but if Landon wants to play immediately then I think he will end up at a mid-major or a team such as Georgetown who are nationally ranked in the NAIA which is a very good basketball league usually year in and year out.

georgetown would be a good choice, some of those mid-south conference teams are as good as NCAA D-1 schools, not a lot but they are better than a few...i will still that if you take jodie meeks out of the pikeville college game that pikeville gives them a run for their money....
OMG I think that landon could have won it if he could have hit those free throws. :redboxer:
magoffin#10 Wrote:OMG I think that landon could have won it if he could have hit those free throws. :redboxer:

Start a new thread! You are so far off topic that it isn't funny! Get the chip off your shoulder, this just isn't Magoffin's year. Magoffin has had many years of success in the past and will have more to come I'm sure. But you don't need to get on here and bash one of the most talented players in the Region just because you are jealous. Read the thread topic!!! Otherwise, I hope a Super Moderator takes care of you!

It's hard to score when you have at least two maybe three players guarding you and all of them are named "Howard".
1. Landon Slone
2. Elisha Justice
3. Aaron Crum
4. Shane Grimm
5. Devin Adams
:lmao: That's a good one magoffin, lol. How exactly did he blow the districts?
magoffin#10 Wrote:OMG I think that landon could have won it if he could have hit those free throws. :redboxer:

Everybody misses free throws, even Micheal Jordan Rolleyes

Let me ask you this, did Magoffin shut him down, NO...
Redneck Wrote:Everybody misses free throws, even Micheal Jordan Rolleyes

Let me ask you this, did Magoffin shut him down, NO...

lol!! no they sure didn't
Watchful Eye Wrote:It's hard to score when you have at least two maybe three players guarding you and all of them are named "Howard".

What exactly does this mean??? No Howards on MCHS :confused: If the Moderater wants to check posts this should be the one. Girls team had Howards not boys, get your facts straight.
EKY Sportster Wrote:Start a new thread! You are so far off topic that it isn't funny! Get the chip off your shoulder, this just isn't Magoffin's year. Magoffin has had many years of success in the past and will have more to come I'm sure. But you don't need to get on here and bash one of the most talented players in the Region just because you are jealous. Read the thread topic!!! Otherwise, I hope a Super Moderator takes care of you!
Hmmm Wasnt our year last year either BUT we won district!! Jeeezzzz Ya never know whos gonna win till the games over. If thats the case why even have districts???
Landon slone without a doubt
hornetfan Wrote:Hmmm Wasnt our year last year either BUT we won district!! Jeeezzzz Ya never know whos gonna win till the games over. If thats the case why even have districts???

your right they might as well just give it to paintsville i agree im just glad somebody else agree with me thats great...lol
That was LAST year we're talking about THIS year!!!!!!
Everyone make not of this. I am going to make a positive statement about Paintsville.

I think Landon is by far the best player in the region this year. Its not even a contest. He knows how to score, and most kids these days just don't understand that its and art. He does.
hornetfan Wrote:Hmmm Wasnt our year last year either BUT we won district!! Jeeezzzz Ya never know whos gonna win till the games over. If thats the case why even have districts???

You're right, last year wasn't your alls year but you won it. And that's what kills me about their performance in the region. They played GREAT against Paintsville to pull the upset then had a let down in the Expo Center. Didn't play nowhere near like they did in the district championship.
If people think that anyone besides Landon is the best player in the region this year, they need to seriously consider getting on some kind of meds. Landon is the only player in the past few seasons getting looks by D-1 schools. There was a few D-1 coaches in attendance last night. How many other players in the region can say that?
Landon is the best player in the region and he has proven every night when he lays it all out on the floor every game. I knew he was going to have a good year when almost every day this past summer at noon you would see him running the streets of Paintsville. Good job Landon.
[COLOR="Blue"]Landon Slone by far.
its pretty sad to see the way some people can only say
negative things about a kid with so much talent[/COLOR]
I think Landon should look at Western Kentucky. They have a great basketball program and a huge fan base. Darrin Horn is known for taking guys that are not highly recruited out of high school and turning them into stars. Just look at Courtney Lee who is projected to go mid to late first round in the NBA Draft.