Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region's Best Player
So far this year who is the region's best player.....to me its landon slone...
Landon, with Elisha a VERY close second.
duh............. everyone knows that Slone is the best player in the 15th region, but to me hes not a D-1 prospect!
He can go D-1 if he wants, won't play till about mid Soph-Junior year but that's his choice if the offer comes, he could go D-1AA and come off the bench maybe.
Landon Slone easily.
Landon far and away...
Let's not go down that road again. On the last thread about Slone the only thing anyone could say negative about him is that he was "white" and from Eastern Kentucky. Last time checked E. KY pretty much makes up the majority of members on here. Those that said that said no player from E. KY that was white could play at KY or U of L.
Better than that why don't some of you that think Eastern Kentucky has no talent move somewhere all this "talent" is at?
Watchful Eye Wrote:Let's not go down that road again. On the last thread about Slone the only thing anyone could say negative about him is that he was "white" and from Eastern Kentucky. Last time checked E. KY pretty much makes up the majority of members on here. Those that said that said no player from E. KY that was white could play at KY or U of L.

I agree 100%, i think we all know who the best is...But, we also know this will only lead to bashing and so on...
uhavenoidea Wrote:I agree 100%, i think we all know who the best is...But, we also know this will only lead to bashing and so on...

It's just really sad when your own people turn against you. Think about whether it's Slone or the Stepp kid from JBS, there is too many people that ***** about schools recruiting "our kids". Our kids meaning kids from the mountains. To the rest of the state were the brunt of all jokes. When we finally have several good players from here, we ourselves start dissecting them. It's absolutly self destruction of respect for ourselves.
Watchful Eye Wrote:It's just really sad when your own people turn against you. Think about whether it's Slone or the Stepp kid from JBS, there is too many people that ***** about schools recruiting "our kids". Our kids meaning kids from the mountains. To the rest of the state were the brunt of all jokes. When we finally have several good players from here, we ourselves start dissecting them. It's absolutly self destruction of respect for ourselves.

Very True...
All im saying is that, IMO I don't think he can play at a major D-1 school like UK or U of L, but yea im sure he could play at like Marshall or Morehead
Landon Slone
Landon Slone to answer the question!! Let's not make this thread a continuation of the similar one on Landon. This thread just asks a simple question. No further comments are necessary.
Of course its Landon Slone but Elisha Justice of Shelby Valley is a very close second.
someone start a new thread " whats Landon's shoe size " thats the only thing i havent seen about him on here every thread on here some way or another gets side tracked and 2 pages are either about Landon Slone or Shelby Valley
Ill give it to Landon Slone but Elijah Justice is a very close 2nd
I agree that Landon is the best player...but i also dont see him playing at a major D-1 school..
Landon Slone is the best player in the 15th region IMO
IMO Landon Slone gets it easy, Elisha Justice is great but i think you will see his best basketball his junior and senior year.
How many threads is it going to take for you guys to make up your minds? This about the 15th thread about who is the best. They are both great ball players, leave it at that.
Landon Slone
This thread asked who is the best basketball player in the region. Not where they will go play and if they can.
Just who is the best?

With that....Landon Slone with Shane Grimm and Elisha Justice close....very close.
Landon Slone. Anyone heard what schools are looking at him?
MANoWAR Wrote:Landon Slone. Anyone heard what schools are looking at him?

Don't know of any definate offers right now, but UK has contacted by phone Coach Runyon and UL's Rick Pitino has contacted Runyon and Landon at the school. The extent of the converstaion is only known by the parties involved.
Isn't this thread supposed to be about The best Player in the 15th??? Not about whether Slone is going to UCLA or Duke.
PhiSlamaJama#12 Wrote:Isn't this thread supposed to be about The best Player in the 15th??? Not about whether Slone is going to UCLA or Duke.

Someone wanted to know a simple question, no need in getting bent out of shape. BTW, it wasn't UCLA or Duke....it was two in-state schools in UK/UL.
slone is the man right now,but there's about three sophmores from valley that could get in the mix if they didn't play such good team ball. watch for juctice,hatfield,and bryant just to name a few.
It's hard to recruit sophmores.
IRISH4 Wrote:Don't know of any definate offers right now, but UK has contacted by phone Coach Runyon and UL's Rick Pitino has contacted Runyon and Landon at the school. The extent of the converstaion is only known by the parties involved.

Monday's Ashland Daily quotes Landon as saying that he did not want to go to a school such as Arkansas because he felt that he would have to redshirt his first year. He wanted to go to a smaller school where he would get the chance as a freshman to play immediately. Landon's own statement should end all of this UK and Louisville type school comments.