Christopher 19 pts 7 rebs 6 assists 5 steals
Cackling 18 pts 7 rebs 7 assists 4 steals
Napier 12 pts 7 rebs 4 assists
Hoover 15 pts 7 rebs 4 assists
Powell Co:
Kinser 25 pts
Hawkins 10 pts
Cory Brewer 9 pts
i thought Estill was way to strong for Powell. Powell away from home is not nearly as strong. Powell enjoys one of the states best homecourt advantadge. Best wishes to Blake Christopher, he left the game in the 4th to get stitches for a nasty cut over the eye.
congrats estill
Christopher had 6 stiches, glad to say no concussion....
I think Estill beat Powell by more points with Kinser than when he wasn't playing.And Norton was out tonite with a sprained ankle.
ha. i agree with cheerforblue. powell was talking about how much stronger they would be with kinser and it looked as if they were better off without him. Smile

but a great game for the engineers :]
cheerforblue Wrote:I think Estill beat Powell by more points with Kinser than when he wasn't playing.And Norton was out tonite with a sprained ankle.

They didnt play so well but kinser still had around 25 pts.....estill has a big home court advantage just as any other team does while playing at home....congrats estill and keep it up powell
Congrats
JOBAKKA Wrote:i thought Estill was way to strong for Powell. Powell away from home is not nearly as strong. Powell enjoys one of the states best homecourt advantadge. Best wishes to Blake Christopher, he left the game in the 4th to get stitches for a nasty cut over the eye.

how does powell not play so good away???

No team plays as good away as they do on their own home court....powell just came out not ready last night and they got it handed to them
Estill seems to have Powells #. Regroup Pirates and bring it next time.
it was a heck of a game...the crowd really got into this one
Estill is a hard team to figure. They win games like this, then turn around and get blown out by Letcher Central. Letcher is a decent team, but there's no way they should invade Estill's home court and beat them by 29 points. No way!!
I guess it's all about which Estill team shows up to play on that night.
Nice win for Estill.
Congrats Estill Co.
Ehh, Estill played Powell hard and the better team won. Keep your heads up Pirates and great win tonight against Johnson Central!
Yeah Lookayanner- Letcher is indeed a decent tam. lost to JBS in ot, North laurel in OT, KCC on a last second desperation 3, McCreary Central in finals of a tourney. Yeah, they are a pretty good team---Could easily be 14-4 if they ever caught a break. Wait and see. They (LCC) and Hazard are the two most improving team in the region. The way they beat Estill by 29 was by guarding the 3-point shooters on the outside. Estill had 0 3-pointers for the game.
Windsprint Wrote:Yeah Lookayanner- Letcher is indeed a decent tam. lost to JBS in ot, North laurel in OT, KCC on a last second desperation 3, McCreary Central in finals of a tourney. Yeah, they are a pretty good team---Could easily be 14-4 if they ever caught a break. Wait and see. They (LCC) and Hazard are the two most improving team in the region. The way they beat Estill by 29 was by guarding the 3-point shooters on the outside. Estill had 0 3-pointers for the game.

Letcher Central has to be one of the best in 14th.
loves2cheer Wrote:ha. i agree with cheerforblue. powell was talking about how much stronger they would be with kinser and it looked as if they were better off without him. Smile

but a great game for the engineers :]
Estill came out red hot. They are a great shooting team. Jeremy Banks had one of his worse games. Powell needs him and Corey Brewer scoring to win. Kinser can't carry the whole load. Even without them, Tiller had no answer for Kinser. Hope to see these two again in the district.
big red fan Wrote:Estill came out red hot. They are a great shooting team. Jeremy Banks had one of his worse games. Powell needs him and Corey Brewer scoring to win. Kinser can't carry the whole load. Even without them, Tiller had no answer for Kinser. Hope to see these two again in the district.

I hope to see them again also.
big red fan Wrote:Estill came out red hot. They are a great shooting team. Jeremy Banks had one of his worse games. Powell needs him and Corey Brewer scoring to win. Kinser can't carry the whole load. Even without them, Tiller had no answer for Kinser. Hope to see these two again in the district.

looks like Powell had no answer for Christopher or Cackling either...:igiveup:
Kinser scored most of his points after it was too late. The game was already decided.
JOBAKKA Wrote:Kinser scored most of his points after it was too late. The game was already decided.

That dont mean nothing...kinser is one of the best players in the district and he proves that