Jackson County
Knox Central
Cumberland
Corbin

14th-jbs and hazard
15-valley and paintsville
16-elliot and east carter

13th is way stronger
umm... 15th has Pikeville, Belfry, & alot of good teams you left out..
mrfootball03 Wrote:umm... 15th has Pikeville, Belfry, & alot of good teams you left out..

feel free to add teams
bobcatfan22 Wrote:feel free to add teams

uh, Allen Central, Johnson Central, Phelps.. etc..
Top 5 15th beats top 5 13th at least 4 games to 1.
Im gonna say 13th. Pineville and South Laurel should be added to the list too.
The Guru Wrote:Top 5 15th beats top 5 13th at least 4 games to 1.

Top 2 in the 15th can play with just about anyone.
15th by far
i think the 15th is as wide open as it has ever been.
14th with JBS.
Yea south laurel for the 13th, and rose hill for the 16th.
I think that the 13th is the most competitive with at least 5 teams having a shot at the regional title...
all the regions are tough
IMO the 13th is the toughest overall mountain region
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:IMO the 13th is the toughest overall mountain region

i agree
What do you mean? Toughest region to win (i.e., most balanced among equally talented teams) or region with the strongest teams?

If you mean the former, I'd say the 13th. Lots of good teams have a chance to win it.

If you mean the latter, I'll say the 15th. SV and Paintsville are 2 of the top 3 teams in the 13th/14th/15th regions (along with JBS), with Pikeville and Allen Central not far behind.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
13th Region by far. Across the board this region has the strongest teams. Corbin, Knox Central, South Laurel, Cumberland & Jackson Co (maybe Pineville).

The 14th has a couple strong teams (JBS & Hazard) and the 15th has two or three (Shelby Valley, Paintsville, & Pikeville) and the 16th has two or three that I would consider strong. (Elliott, Rose Hill & Bath Co.)

JMO
Clay Co is a pretty good team in the 13th too!
I think the strongest region is most certainly the 15th... No one in the 13th can touch SV or Paintsville and no other region in the mountains have 2 teams of that caliber.
the region with the # of better teams is definitely the 13th this year. However the other regions mentioned may have a better top one or two but the 13th is the deepest.
Another Asssist Wrote:the region with the # of better teams is definitely the 13th this year. However the other regions mentioned may have a better top one or two but the 13th is the deepest.

I agree completely:letsparty :Thumbs:
15th also has pikeville
15th:

Belfry & Pikeville
Bout 1 Time Wrote:15th by far
I agree
13th imo.

South Laurel
Corbin
Pineville
Knox Central
Cumberland
Jackson County

After you get past Paintsville and Valley in the 15th everything drops in a hurry.
About the same for the 14th with JBS and Hazard. I don't know as much about the 16th.
14th and then 15th
def 14th You have many good teams

JBS
Hazard
Knott Central
Letcher Central
Cordia can be a darkhorse
Estill
Perry
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:13th imo.

South Laurel
Corbin
Pineville
Knox Central
Cumberland
Jackson County

After you get past Paintsville and Valley in the 15th everything drops in a hurry.
About the same for the 14th with JBS and Hazard. I don't know as much about the 16th.
If they were in the 13th everything else would drop in a hurry as well....maybe faster!
13th is definitly the toughest...A lot of really good competition...You can never really underestimate any team, especially tournament time!
15th for sure...they have more good teams than any other region IMO and the best overall team in the mountains.