Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville-89 Allen Central-77 - 15th Region All "A" Classic
Congrats Tigers.

only stats I know: Slone- 36, Grimm-25
Congrats Tigers.
Congrats Tigers....Get ready for sf lol
Congrats boys. Keep your mind right and take it to SF.
Congrats Tigers
Congrats Paintsville! Good game by Slone and Grimm!
Congrats Paintsville.
nice game tigers now lets go beat sf by wat u say 60 or 70 haha!!!
Good win....
colts12 Wrote:Congrats Tigers.

only stats I know: Slone- 36, Grimm-25

Vanhoose - 15
Bundy - 8
Murry - 5

Tigers came out cold. First 4 shots were 3s. I think they were like 1 or 2 of 10 in the first qtr alone.
Crum from AC can shoot the 3 pretty decent. But, that is all he does. Stands behind the arch and looks for a screen to come off of.
Ok this was the second time that I have seen Paintsville and wasn't sure what to expect.

Positives- Landon Slone is a great shooter and scorer, the best in the region. Grimm is a garbage man and finishes well around the hoop.

Negatives- The entire team plays very little defense, hardly any. Their guard play seems to be out of control, they took alot of ill advised shots and commited some bad turnovers.

Paintsville is tough, but not as good as I thought they were. They need some real production from people other than Slone and Grimm...
I wasn't at this game but the radio announcers could't believe some of the calls in this game.On both sides.
Congrats Tigers!
Larry Legend Wrote:Ok this was the second time that I have seen Paintsville and wasn't sure what to expect.

Positives- Landon Slone is a great shooter and scorer, the best in the region. Grimm is a garbage man and finishes well around the hoop.

Negatives- The entire team plays very little defense, hardly any. Their guard play seems to be out of control, they took alot of ill advised shots and commited some bad turnovers.

Paintsville is tough, but not as good as I thought they were. They need some real production from people other than Slone and Grimm...
89 points should win about every game they play. Especially in weak EKY
Larry Legend Wrote:Ok this was the second time that I have seen Paintsville and wasn't sure what to expect.

Well if you watch them more offten then you would think different. Tonight the tigers werent playing good IMO. I look forward to tommorrow nights game to be a blow out and look for Valley have lots of trouble with them.
TheFan3 Wrote:Well if you watch them more offten then you would think different. Tonight the tigers werent playing good IMO. I look forward to tommorrow nights game to be a blow out and look for Valley have lots of trouble with them.
Woah. One step at a time.
Prep Star Wrote:89 points should win about every game they play. Especially in weak EKY
Maybe so... But I can promise if they play Valley they won't be putting up 89...
Also when I said production I wasn't neccessarilly talking about offense...
Panther Thunder Wrote:Woah. One step at a time.

Sorry i was jsut posting on what i thought. So please dont get al mad at me for sayign that. Thanks

You know me Larry and I would be the first to admit if they didn't play defense. I wasn't at this game so IDK but most of the games I have seen them play this year they have played great defense. Sounds like they (gaurd play) were tryin to hard and forcin things, which is not somethin they usually do (this year anyways). They have nights where all 5 starters produce, not just Landon and Grimm. I guess this was just one of those nights where JD, Murray and Bundy were just havin an off night.
TheFan3 Wrote:Well if you watch them more offten then you would think different. Tonight the tigers werent playing good IMO. I look forward to tommorrow nights game to be a blow out and look for Valley have lots of trouble with them.
I would hope they can blow out South Floyd. Valley plays a good team tomorrow night. If they play Paintsville I look for Valleys guards to make it a rough night for the Paintsville ball handlers. I am not saying Paintsville can't beat Valley I am just saying I feel alot better about the game after watching Paintsville tonight.
Redneck Wrote:You know me Larry and I would be the first to admit if they didn't play defense. I wasn't at this game so IDK but most of the games I have seen them play this year they have played great defense. Sounds like they (gaurd play) were tryin to hard and forcin things, which is not somethin they usually do (this year anyways). They have nights where all 5 starters produce, not just Landon and Grimm. I guess this was just one of those nights where JD, Murray and Bundy were just havin an off night.
I am sure you are right I just seen some weakness in the ball handling and defense tonight. It may have been a one time deal... I know that me and you always agree to disagree and still find a way to remain friends...
I really think there is NO way Paintsville can beat Valley!!!!!!!!!! Paintsville plays no defense,no guard play,no bench.I was really shocked how little of defense they do play!!! I was hoping to see a good a good game between Valley and Paintsville but Valley will beat them by 10 or more!Slone will score alot but not near enough.Good luck to both teams.
Congrats to Paintsville. A little closer than what I had thought, but I think two things could have came into play for this....one being Allen Central is a better team than what some are giving them credit for and another is Paintsville simply overlooking AC and ready to get past SF and play in the finals.

As for all this SV stuff, they have to beat Pikeville and I was at the last Pikeville/SV game and Pikeville gave them fits all night...if they didn't go cold from the field, make stupid mistakes and converted on second chance oppertunities they could have had a chance to win.
The Private Wrote:I really think there is NO way Paintsville can beat Valley!!!!!!!!!! Paintsville plays no defense,no guard play,no bench.I was really shocked how little of defense they do play!!! I was hoping to see a good a good game between Valley and Paintsville but Valley will beat them by 10 or more!Slone will score alot but not near enough.Good luck to both teams.

There is NO way SV will play Paintsville if they keep thinking that, you haven't beat Pikeville yet who is capable of beating them tomorrow....don't worry about the Tigers until Saturday. Way to post bulletin board material already.
Larry Legend Wrote:I am sure you are right I just seen some weakness in the ball handling and defense tonight. It may have been a one time deal... I know that me and you always agree to disagree and still find a way to remain friends...

They do have some weaknesses, but who don't. It's like I have said for 4 years now, it just depends on which Paintsville team shows up. There are times they come out and play nearly the perfect game in all aspects, even against good teams. Then there are times they come out and act like they have never played basketball before. It's kinda like Valley. I was at the Pikeville game last week and wasn't impressed. Watched them in the region tourney last year and was blown away at how good they were to be so young. All teams have down times, much like Valley the last 3-4 games, but they bounce back. I look for Valley and Paintsville both to win their semi-final games to set up a much anticipated championship game. Then I look for both teams to play at the top of their game and put on one **** of a show where neither team deserves to lose.

And yes we remain friends because we don't let stupid **** come between our friendship, even if you still won't admit we got the shaft in 03', lol...
Panther Thunder Wrote:Woah. One step at a time.

i totally agree. we(paintsville) got the easy road to go through valleys got the hard one. Cant wait to see that game tommro although panther thunder we all wanna see paintsville and valley go at it. Honestly i will not say anything or make any predictions bout tommro nights game between u all and valley. I will say that we should beat south floydd by a large margin dont u agree?
IRISH4 Wrote:There is NO way SV will play Paintsville if they keep thinking that, you haven't beat Pikeville yet who is capable of beating them tomorrow....don't worry about the Tigers until Saturday. Way to post bulletin board material already.
I don't think anyone is really looking past Pikeville... Atleast I'm not. I was just saying if SV is lucky enough to get past Pikeville... SV will definitely come to play against their biggest rival (Pikeville)...
Larry Legend Wrote:I don't think anyone is really looking past Pikeville... Atleast I'm not. I was just saying if SV is lucky enough to get past Pikeville... SV will definitely come to play against their biggest rival (Pikeville)...

Oh I know buddy, I was referring to The Private's comment....hahaha.
I am not A valley fan . I am just giving an opinion, sorry.I hope it is a good game if they meet.I think Pikeville can play with Paintsville.Pikeville will give Valley a good game maybe beat them who knows.Paintsville will have to play D or they will not beat Valley peroid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IRISH4 Wrote:Oh I know buddy, I was referring to The Private's comment....hahaha.

I hope Paintsville and Shelby Valley both win out to reach the finals. This will be a great game for fans to watch.