Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2005 Top 10 1A
If pikeville wins in the pike county bowl i am expecting them to be ranked at LEAST #3
Pikeville has just a good of chance in the game as NCC has. Pikeville has the speed, power, and dedication to win that game...
I have to say their chances are mighty even here although NCC will be favored pikeville plays like they did against Prestonsburg then they will give Newport a run for their money
You bring up some very good points Guru. Lou. Hoy Cross totally escaped my mind for some reason, they are no doubt a top ten team if not a top 5 team. Hancock County and Fairview usually have nice teams also. I realize that most of the Pikeville fans on here are young, but the program is no where close to where it use to be. Pikeville has a lot of work to do if they expect to be able to compete with Danville, NCC, and Beechwood. I am a Pikeville High Grad but I am alos a realist. If John Chapman was still the coach at Pikeville the program would be at a lot higher level right now IMO. Hopefully they will live in the weightroom until next season because the single A powers will just toy with Pikeville again next year if they don't. As of right now I think Pikeville will once again make it to the state semi's next year at best. I hope I am wrong but I have seen nothing from the Pikeville High football prgram in the last 5 years to make me think otherwise. Either they don't have the talent or heart that they used to or the coaching is not up to par as it used to be. Personally I think it is a combo of both.
I can agree with that......they all just seemed to be in the back of my mind when thinking of a top 10......and it's completely true that pikeville football has lost its tradition but if any of the players read this........then you gotta help pikeville get back on track its up to all of you to take pikeville back to the CARPet
What does Lou. Holy cross have back this season.
I think South Floyd will be there ...Because i was told they had 2 new fats people coming out Marc Bennett & Ethan Johnson ive watched them play in middle school and they were the best running backs in the county ...
live baller Wrote:I think South Floyd will be there ...Because i was told they had 2 new fats people coming out Marc Bennett & Ethan Johnson ive watched them play in middle school and they were the best running backs in the county ...
SF loses a lot but you never know maybe they will make some noise. I hope the Raiders have another great season.
1. Beechwood
2. Danville
3. NCC
4.Pikeville
5.Mayfield
6.Lynn Camp
7.Lou. Holy Cross
8.Paintsville
9.Campbellsville
10.Somerset
Nice list, but I would have Paintsville a little higher, they only lost one senior and this could be there year to hit the big time
1)NCC
2)Danville
3)Beechwood
4)Lou Holy Cross
5)Mayfield

Sorry Pikeville, NCC will wear out any Eastern Kentucky team. Too bad it will be the Panthers in the Pike Co Bowl.
sportwhiz Wrote:1)NCC
2)Danville
3)Beechwood
4)Lou Holy Cross
5)Mayfield

Sorry Pikeville, NCC will wear out any Eastern Kentucky team. Too bad it will be the Panthers in the Pike Co Bowl.

Sadly I agree with you whiz. The Pikeville program has done nothing in the last few years to make me believe otherwise. Pikeville is the class of the mountains again in Class A though. They do have a lot of talent coming up and they will compete for a state title in 2006 and 2007, but they won't hang with NCC next year.
theguru Wrote:If Pikeville beats NCC in the Pike Co Bowl, they deserve to be ranked #3, at least. But that is a mighty big IF.

Guru...get off BGR and go post on your own baby....By the way...did you like that advertisement that appeared on BGP a few days ago?
panthermania Wrote:
theguru Wrote:If Pikeville beats NCC in the Pike Co Bowl, they deserve to be ranked #3, at least. But that is a mighty big IF.

Guru...get off BGR and go post on your own baby....By the way...did you like that advertisement that appeared on BGP a few days ago?

Just so you know that the guru on BGR is not the same guru on BGP. Anyways what he said is true. Pikeville doesn't deserve to be #3 because NCC, Beechwood, and Danville are on another level than the Panthers right now.
Redneck Wrote:1. Beechwood - Defending Champs, #1 til proven otherwise.
2. Danville - Although they lose Turner, they return alot of experience, they were pretty young last year.
3. NCC - From what I hear from buddies up North, NCC will be the team to beat next year.
4. Lynn Camp - Return like 18 starters from last year.
5. Pikeville - Lost some key players, but always find replacements, return a couple studs from last years Region Champ team.
6. Paintsville - Return 21 of 22 starters from last year, had a decent year last year, return 1,200 yard rusher, 980 yard rusher, and a 600 yard rusher plus their WHOLE offensive line.
7. Somerset - Return alot of players from last year, had a decent season.
8. Mayfield
9. Campbellsville
10. Frankfort[/url]

This is the best list I have seen.
PHS FAN....wheres the support?....some fan you are
LOL...he may be true, however...I think pikeville may change his attitude after the pikecounty bowl...that is, depending on how hard the panthers work this summer....
Hip-hop Box Wrote:What does Lou. Holy cross have back this season.

no body knows anything about Holy cross :?:
liveMAROON Wrote:PHS FAN....wheres the support?....some fan you are

I support all Pikeville High School athletics....always have and always will....it is where I graduated high school from. I think the Panthers are a top 5 team and the best team in Region 4 again, but I am skeptical if they can compete with Beechwood, NCC, and Danville. I have seen nothing the last few years to make me think otherwise. I hope that I am wrong and they get to Louisville and win the state championship.
They sure do have one heck of a shot this year...
You know it mania.......You know it
the panthers have a great shot this year and are returning alot of talent, I believe the only thing that they will need to go the distance this year is a few people to step up as leaders on the team.
Amen
1. Beechwood
2. NCC
3. Danville
4. Mayfield
5. Louisville Holy Cross
6. Pikeville
7. Lynn Camp
8. Paintsville
9. Somerset
10. Frankfort
somebody mentioned earlier that in 2006/07 that Pikeville should compete for a state title. What kids do they have that will be better then the kids they have now? Just wondering because I have no clue, dont know anything about pikeville football.
No....IMO...If pikeville doesn't compete for the state title this year they won't compete for the next two or three years....Next year is looking better than 06/07...in 06/07 I can't even predict a QB...Mayo will be QB next year, but who will step up after him?