Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 67 Pikeville 52
Great 2nd half by Valley, terrible by Pikeville.
I didn't get to see the game but IMO the score was pretty much what I thought it would be. I thought SV would win be double digits.

Any stats?
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:I didn't get to see the game but IMO the score was pretty much what I thought it would be. I thought SV would win be double digits.

Any stats?

Celvinger 16
Clark 13 for Pikeville.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Celvinger 16
Clark 13 for Pikeville.

How did Adams play?
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:How did Adams play?
Like usual got some points but doesn't dominate like he should.
congrats valley!
Congrats Valley
good job both teams
Nice win for Valley.
What was the score at halftime?
Did Pikeville ever get a lead?
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:How did Adams play?

Missed a lot free throws, plays very soft.
Adams gets way too many calls, yeah he's 6'10 or so, but since he doesn't play like it he gets a lot of fouls called on him. A few tonight were very questionable.
Pikeville led early in 3rd quarter for 1/2 second it seemed--35-34, then Valley went on a 7-0 run. Half score was 34-30 Valley. Turning point in game was last 3 seconds of the 3rd quarter when Valley hit a 3 to make their lead 9 going into 4th. Pikeville never recovered.

Good game, good atmosphere, good sports!
congrats valley
Lol, typical homer.
I dont think the game was called that bad. There was a couple LLLOOOONNNNGGGG continuation calls in the first half which is a judgment call. A push off and a maybe bad call on a charge against Pikeville in the second half that again are judgment calls that I might have had a different angle than the ref did. At least they are letting them play a little this year.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
I'm so tired of hearing this crap...Congratulations SV.
fairplayer Wrote:Nice win again for the refs, amazes me how they can keep getting away with these kind of calls. Shelby Valley will not have EARNED their way to the play-offs if they get there. Seems like the questionable calls follow SV every game they play. If the coach and the ref were any tighter tonight they would have been wearing the same clothes.

Good teams win even through questionable calls. The better team won. Congrats Shelby Valley.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats Valley
Congrats Valley
fairplayer Wrote:Nice win again for the refs, amazes me how they can keep getting away with these kind of calls. Shelby Valley will not have EARNED their way to the play-offs if they get there. Seems like the questionable calls follow SV every game they play. If the coach and the ref were any tighter tonight they would have been wearing the same clothes.

Get real.... the refs were horrible on both sides. I myself love seeing both teams lose so I have no reason to biased at all. I take it you are from Pikeville, please don't let your maroon colored glasses cloud your judgment .
Way to go Cats!!
congrats valley
Unofficial Stats:

For Valley:

Jacob Bryant had 20 points, 6 rebounds, and 5 assists.
Ashley Hatfield had 18 points, 4 rebounds, and 2 assists.
Jonah Justice had 10 points and 7 rebounds.
Elisha Justice had 8 points, 6 steals, and 3 assists.
Curby Tackett had 6 points.
Tyler Newsome had 3 points and 2 rebounds.
Logan Bryant had 2 points and 3 assists.

Valley shot 25-43 (58%) from the field.
They shot 6-13 (46%) from the 3 point line.
They shot 11-17 (64%) from the free throw line.
They had 25 rebounds, 15 assists, 9 steals, and 10 turnovers.

For Pikeville:

Matt Clevinger had 16 points.
Gatlin Clark had 13 points.
Deven Adams had 11 points and 8 rebounds.

Pikeville shot 21-48 (43%) from the field.
They shot 1-14 (7%) from the 3 point line.
They shot 9-16 (56%) form the free throw line.
They had 27 rebounds, 12 assists, 5 steals, and 10 turnovers.

I thought Jacob Bryant and Ashley Hatfield both played really well for the Wildcats. Curby Tackett gave a big lift off the bench also.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Unofficial Stats:

For Valley:

Jacob Bryant had 20 points, 6 rebounds, and 5 assists.
Ashley Hatfield had 18 points, 4 rebounds, and 2 assists.
Jonah Justice had 10 points and 7 rebounds.
Elisha Justice had 8 points, 6 steals, and 3 assists.
Curby Tackett had 6 points.
Tyler Newsome had 3 points and 2 rebounds.
Logan Bryant had 2 points and 3 assists.

Valley shot 25-43 (58%) from the field.
They shot 6-13 (46%) from the 3 point line.
They shot 11-17 (64%) from the free throw line.
They had 25 rebounds, 15 assists, 9 steals, and 10 turnovers.

For Pikeville:

Matt Clevinger had 16 points.
Gatlin Clark had 13 points.
Deven Adams had 11 points and 8 rebounds.

Pikeville shot 21-48 (43%) from the field.
They shot 1-14 (7%) from the 3 point line.
They shot 9-16 (56%) form the free throw line.
They had 27 rebounds, 12 assists, 5 steals, and 10 turnovers.

I thought Jacob Bryant and Ashley Hatfield both played really well for the Wildcats. Curby Tackett gave a big lift off the bench also.
Pikeville shot 14 3s and made one...might want to try to get it to the big guy a little more often.
Good win Sv. This game came out like what I felt it would. Pikeville's Big man, Adams, not a factor, SV defense pressure causing Pikeville to shoot outside from the 3-point line , 1-14, looks like TO's evened out, and 15th Region Refs being consistently bad on both sides. Looking forward to see if it comes out a SV & Paintsville Matchup in next week's All "A".
I just feel that when the refs are alllllll the way on the sidelines hobnobing and whispering with Valley's coach during freethrows and talking with Ashley and Jonah after the game, seems a little too cozy for me with the calls made. Male saw it enough to say they would never return to Pikeville to play in a tournament. So yeah, that's the kind of officiating I'm talking about. I've had people tell me, that had no vested interest in that game than to just watch the games that day at the Expo center, that the game made them embarrassed to be from Pike County.
COngrats on a bid district win. Valley looked good and seem to want this one. I think when SV decides to play defense then they can beat anyone by 20, but until then teams are just going to hang around with them. THey cannot out-score everyone.
Who won the JV game?
jetpilot Wrote:Who won the JV game?

Pikeville-not sure of the score but I think it was close.