Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region All "A" Tournament
It may be a little early to start talking about it, but here are the brackets anyway. I see the game of the year to this point in the semi's between SV & Paintsville. It's the match up everyone wants to see. Good luck to everyone!

Bracket & Schedule

Jan 22
South Floyd - Piarist School - 7:00 PM
Jan 23, 2008
Betsy Layne vs. Shelby Valley - 8:15 PM

Jan 23
Phelps vs. Pikeville - 6:30 PM
Jan 24, 2008
Allen Central - Paintsville - 6:30 PM

My Predictions
Shelby Valley vs. South Floyd
Pikeville vs. Paintsville

Paintsville vs SV

SV = Champs
SV and Pikeville
Paintsville and SF in the semi's..
SV and Paintsville in the Finals...Valley by 4
Should be a great tournament.
Should be a great tournament and look for the finals to be a dandy between more than likely the 2 best teams in the region and possibly a Pre-15th region finals between Valley and Paintsville. But i still dont understand how Valley gets to play in the all "A" when they are a 2A school i believe. Could someone explain?
paintsville and shelby valley will play in the championship
paintsville will win in a close game
UnderArmour24 Wrote:Should be a great tournament and look for the finals to be a dandy between more than likely the 2 best teams in the region and possibly a Pre-15th region finals between Valley and Paintsville. But i still dont understand how Valley gets to play in the all "A" when they are a 2A school i believe. Could someone explain?

valley just went down to 1A this year but i don't know how
Gotta remember, the All A is private tourney. It is not governed by the KHSAA no more than any other game is. The All A committee has different standards in deciding what constitutes an A school than does the KHSAA in football. Word has it that SV fell under the threshold by 4 students last year but they are already back up above the number this year. They get to play in the All A for 2 years and then they will have to fall under it again. Really seems like a joke since all the consolidated schools are now All A.
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:It may be a little early to start talking about it, but here are the brackets anyway. I see the game of the year to this point in the semi's between SV & Paintsville. It's the match up everyone wants to see. Good luck to everyone!

Bracket & Schedule

Jan 22
Jan 23, 2008

Jan 23
Jan 24, 2008

Can someone explain why they are taking 3 nights to play the first round with only one game scheduled for Jan 22 and one for Jan 24 and two for the 23rd? Why not 2-2-2-1?
I;m looking forward to the finals. Hopefuly it be the match-up everyone wants. Paintsvilel vs SV. it will be a great game and torny all in all.

I'll take the Tigers 6.
UKRULES Wrote:Can someone explain why they are taking 3 nights to play the first round with only one game scheduled for Jan 22 and one for Jan 24 and two for the 23rd? Why not 2-2-2-1?

I have no idea, but it doesn't make sense to me either.
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:It may be a little early to start talking about it, but here are the brackets anyway. I see the game of the year to this point in the semi's between SV & Paintsville. It's the match up everyone wants to see. Good luck to everyone!

Bracket & Schedule

Jan 22
Jan 23, 2008

Jan 23
Jan 24, 2008

My Predictions

Paintsville vs SV

SV = Champs

I'll agree with you up to the final game. I'll call it a toss up at this time. We should get a good idea of how well Paintsville and SV match up at that time though. And while either way it doesn't mean the other couldn't still win the region, but it should set the stage of whether there is a clear favorite.
Valley vs SF
Pikeville vs Paintsville

Valley vs Paintsville

Valley by 10 in the championship in the golf ball lol.
EKY Sportster Wrote:I'll agree with you up to the final game. I'll call it a toss up at this time. We should get a good idea of how well Paintsville and SV match up at that time though. And while either way it doesn't mean the other couldn't still win the region, but it should set the stage of whether there is a clear favorite.

Agreed :thumpsup:
I know people can say that Paintsville is playing great, and beat some good competition, but I just don't see favoring them over Valley, Valley has 4 of last years starters and the 6th man starting, Paintsville's team has been a huge disappointment for the past 3 years and I just see them falling apart at the end of the year just like in the past.

Bracket & Schedule

Jan 22
Jan 23, 2008

Jan 23
Jan 24, 2008

My Predictions

Paintsville vs SV

SV = Champs

These predictions can't happen. According to the brackets. Here is a link to the brackets.

http://www.allaclassic.org/Boys%20Bracke...ackets.pdf
I am dead set that it will be Valley and Paintsville in the final. However, I am torn on the victor. It is in a neuter site and I would say that Paintsville has an edge with Bundy. I will say P-ville by 2.

Bracket & Schedule

Jan 22
Jan 23, 2008

Jan 23
Jan 24, 2008

My Predictions

Paintsville vs SV

SV = Champs

If Paintsville wins...they play the winner of SF and Piarist. According to the web site brackets.

Bracket & Schedule

Jan 22
Jan 23, 2008

Jan 23
Jan 24, 2008

My Predictions

Paintsville vs SV

SV = Champs

That looks a lot different than the printout we had sent to us. This is the schedule we got for it.

Jan 23rd.

6:30 Phelps vs. Pikeville

8:15 Shelby Valley vs. Betsy Layne

Jan 24th

6:30 Allen Central vs. Paintsville

8:15 South Floyd vs. Piarist

Paintsville got the sweet draw in the brackets we received.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
The first game for the AC Rebels will be tough but if the Rebels can pull off this upset against Paintsville, they are the type of team that will use this momentum to carry them thru the finals. A SV and AC game would be a very exciting game to watch. AC by 5 in a shootout.
KC 1973 Wrote:The first game for the AC Rebels will be tough but if the Rebels can pull off this upset against Paintsville, they are the type of team that will use this momentum to carry them thru the finals. A SV and AC game would be a very exciting game to watch. AC by 5 in a shootout.

I wouldnt expect it like that. Usually after a team plays hard enough to win a game over a team that is a favorite to win, they come out flat the next night. If AC was to beat Paintsville, then if they are not careful, Shelby Valley will have it over at the end of the 1st. I personally think that any of 4 teams in it has a legitimate shot at winning it this year. But of course, Valley and Paintsville are the favorites.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
who is hosting the all A tourney this year.
rallo316 Wrote:who is hosting the all A tourney this year.

Betsy Layne.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I am dead set that it will be Valley and Paintsville in the final. However, I am torn on the victor. It is in a neuter site and I would say that Paintsville has an edge with Bundy. I will say P-ville by 2.
Well I am not going then!!!! And I am not letting my son go either!!!
The Guru Wrote:Well I am not going then!!!! And I am not letting my son go either!!!

Yeah, that is some price to pay. I thought $5 was high, but this raises the stakes a little higher (or lower).....Smile
:bounce:
:ChairHit: Do kids under 12 get spayed?
lets face it. sv is the real deal. slone, bundy and grimm are good, but the sv kids have been engineered to win. only thing that would get in their way would be to overlook say a pikeville or take paintsville lightly. dont get me wrong, i would not mind to see paintsville beat them, but dont think thats likely. all in all, this will be a great tourney.
when would the shelby valley paintsville game be? time and date? if it happens! which i think it will!
I'll give SV the favorite role just b/c they are defending regional champs. Paintsville has to prove themselves by getting past SV. But the Tigers have the talent to beat Valley. So I still say it is a toss up at this time. Should make a great preview of the Regional tourney.
Shelby Valley and Paintsville with Valley wining by 4