Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisville Central 27 Belfry 17 - Louisville Central AAA State Champs
Belfry0304 Wrote:I will complain, Are you not understanding here? 3A State Championship. These seniors will never have that chance again, the biggest game in the season, and the refs made terrible calls that if correct, Belfry won. If you're gonna have crappy officiating, this isn't the place to do it.

And as stated above, Bad calls do happen in every game, but more than 10 in state?
Belfry wouldn't have won this game regardless. LC has too many atheletes. Get used to it, the sun doesn't rise and set on the Belfry Pirates. The Yellowjackets were just the better team. BTW if it weren't for all the LC turnovers this would have been a complete route. Belfry was out matched and out coached. Period. Game over.
DevilsWin Wrote:Belfry wouldn't have won this game regardless. LC has too many atheletes. Get used to it, the sun doesn't rise and set on the Belfry Pirates. The Yellowjackets were just the better team. BTW if it weren't for all the LC turnovers this would have been a complete route. Belfry was out matched and out coached. Period. Game over.

This is about to get interesting.....

I do however want to make one comment.... The sun may not set nor rise on the Belfry Pirates BUT...... WERE they or WERE they not the ONLY team from EASTERN Ky to go down and represent our area?? They had an impressive season, have EXCELLENT coaching, (he has OVER 300 wins now), AND are STATE Runners up!!! Where is/was your team???

and OH.... Just for your information..... I am NOT from BELFRY..... Cool
phs1986 Wrote:This is about to get interesting.....

I do however want to make one comment.... The sun may not set nor rise on the Belfry Pirates BUT...... WERE they or WERE they not the ONLY team from EASTERN Ky to go down and represent our area?? They had an impressive season, have EXCELLENT coaching, (he has OVER 300 wins now), AND are STATE Runners up!!! Where is/was your team???

and OH.... Just for your information..... I am NOT from BELFRY..... Cool

Smile Yea I wanted to respond to that :mad:
But I walked away before I got in trouble LOL
DevilsWin Wrote:Belfry wouldn't have won this game regardless. LC has too many atheletes. Get used to it, the sun doesn't rise and set on the Belfry Pirates. The Yellowjackets were just the better team. BTW if it weren't for all the LC turnovers this would have been a complete route. Belfry was out matched and out coached. Period. Game over.

Come on now. This coming from a Russell guy. Most thought Belfry would win. They did not. I really don't think it is appropriate to kick em in the crotch when they are mourning. I would agree that Louisville Central was the better team for one reason. They won. Belfry was not outmatched though. If the last play of the first half did not happen I think it would have changed to complex of the whole game and Belfry wins. It happened and Belfry lost.

Congratulations to both teams.
Pirates~R~Us Wrote:Smile Yea I wanted to respond to that :mad:
But I walked away before I got in trouble LOL

Me to I don't know if he was at the same game we were or not but from where I was seating we had to beat 11 plus 3.
Jeepman Wrote:Come on now. This coming from a Russell guy. Most thought Belfry would win. They did not. I really don't think it is appropriate to kick em in the crotch when they are mourning. I would agree that Louisville Central was the better team for one reason. They won. Belfry was not outmatched though. If the last play of the first half did not happen I think it would have changed to complex of the whole game and Belfry wins. It happened and Belfry lost.

Good post Jeepman, don't get down too much on the boys from Belfry, everyone. They did a wonderful job for what they had to offer. It isn't their fault the coaching hasn't caught up to todays football. Out dated offenses can't hang with todays Defenses. Most teams have no problem to update Defenses but yet don't want to risk the offensive changes. Bad play calls, turnovers and greed got the best of Belfry. the over-confidence on the play at the end of the half cost them. It set the tone for the next half. The calls as I heard went both ways. Both teams got away with penalties. Don't bring a knife to a gun fight!
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
It bothers me to see some of the Belfry faithful complaining about the refs. Great teams can overcome bad calls. A team that has to depend on the refs being perfect to win is marginal in my mind. A great team can over come the little mistakes that humans make. Belfry had every chance in the world to win that game. They did not.

Please don't cheapen the Belfry Pirates by complaining. They have a great football tradition and will be back next year stronger than ever. Congratulations on a great season.
Not taking anything away from Centeral. They where there ready to play and may have very well won anyway but IMO it would have been a much better game had the calls been right on both sides of the ball . My son is just a freshman and this was a wonderfull experience for him. I think he and his teamates will be back to Louisville before their football days are over. I think it was just a sad day for the seniors who gave it their all they SHOULD be as proud of thereselves as we are of them!
I am so proud of our Belfry Pirates. They had a outstanding season and ,as it has been posted previously, have nothing to hang their heads about. They finished their season with a 14-1 record and a trip to Louisville for the a chance at a state championship. I would bet that there where several teams and players thru out the state that would have changed positions with them.

TongueirateShoWe Love Our PiratesTongueirateSho
Sarrr Wrote:OK, it has to be said... Anyone who knows me knows I call it like it is; I'm a rather matter of fact kinda person.

The officiating tonight was horrible, worse even than the Ashland fiasco last year. It seemed sometimes that they were just blind. All 3 of #6's TDs shoudl have been called back due to illegal blocks behind the back. The passing TD to #5 was clean though, and was the best pass their QB threw to one of his own receivers (though he threw 3 nice ones to our DBs). There were holds left and right by Central's OLine. At least 3 encroachments that weren't called. The jumbotron PROVED it.

Call me a whiner if you want. Call me a sore loser. Yeah, I'm sore, because I don't feel this game was called correctly, and IMO it cost the best team the game. THE game.

In Central's favor though, #6 was the best RB Belfry faced all year. #52 and 24 were beasts up front on defense, and those 2 are the reason we only scored 2 TDs. Just had such a hard time getting past them. Never before has anyone manhandled our OLine this season.

But this game should have been 17-7.

Yeah, we should have gone for 2, but hindsight is 20/20. We should have passed more, blitzed more, run outside more, but hindsight is 20/20.

I'm not disappointed in the Pirates: FAR from it! You boys played one **** of a tough game, and it's been an absolute joy watching you boys this season. I'll never forget you guys. I'm disappointed in the way the officials practically handed the game to Central, by not making obvious calls.
How do you figure Belfrey was the best team? Usually the best team has both a running game and a passing game? I haven't seen Belfrey's passing game. This is not to take anything away from Belfrey either, but when you get to the championship game, you better come with all your guns blazing, and obviously, that didn't happen. Don't ruin the game by crying foul on the referees. In doing that, you soil the fact that Belfrey had a super season and just happened to meet up with another great team. Let it ride just like that.
yeah i agree with that, we should have just took a knee, should have never threw that pass. should have went into the half ahead, but we just have to live with the outcome and get ready for 2008
The play at the end of the first half turned the game completely around. I'll admit that Central wanted it more, and congrats to them on their 1st title.

Great job Belfry on a 14-1 year, we made it to the carpet, got a bit outmatched by a team that wanted it more and was more ready than we were.
and i also agree that the officials made some bad calls, but you can't blame it all on the them, you can't make mistakes and turnover the ball in a title game. And yes the central team players were good size and had tremendous speed.
The better team won, plain and simple.

It was a good game, we had our chances but sometimes the ball doesn't bounce your way.

Congrats to both teams on spectaular season.
Congrats Central
Belfry nothing to be ashamed of you did what no other eastern ky team could do go to papa johns but you guys are still gonna be strong and have a really good chance of going back next year. But i really hate that they lost because they had some great leaders in those seniors they had i wish them all the best of luck in what ever they all plan to do after high school.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
yeah that was a turning point in the game. Also when dustin went down, that had some players worried and also when cory came out holding his arm. But we did have a great year and look out next year, the BIG RED MACHINE will be back

Recap Yesterday:
Our team- playin for a state championship

Your team- playin playstation

Wink nuff' said
Lets get it back on the topic of the Belfry/Central game.
Jeepman Wrote:Come on now. This coming from a Russell guy. Most thought Belfry would win. They did not. I really don't think it is appropriate to kick em in the crotch when they are mourning. I would agree that Louisville Central was the better team for one reason. They won. Belfry was not outmatched though. If the last play of the first half did not happen I think it would have changed to complex of the whole game and Belfry wins. It happened and Belfry lost.

Nice post!! :thumpsup:
You're crazy if you don't think Belfry won without awful and missed calls. Two touchdown runs for #6 were ALL on clipping. The called fumble on our last drive when it was 21-17, we probably would've scored.

So the refs made a difference, trust me. Central's a great team, but I truely don't think they're better than Belfry.

and Outcoached?

There were some very nice Central fans, but I saw one section of the crowd cheer when Maydo went down.
Belfry0304 Wrote:You're crazy if you don't think Belfry won without awful and missed calls. Two touchdown runs for #6 were ALL on clipping. The called fumble on our last drive when it was 21-17, we probably would've scored.

So the refs made a difference, trust me. Central's a great team, but I truely don't think they're better than Belfry.
Uhh......, yeah they are they have the trophy to prove it!
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
Jeepman Wrote:It bothers me to see some of the Belfry faithful complaining about the refs. Great teams can overcome bad calls. A team that has to depend on the refs being perfect to win is marginal in my mind. A great team can over come the little mistakes that humans make. Belfry had every chance in the world to win that game. They did not.

Please don't cheapen the Belfry Pirates by complaining. They have a great football tradition and will be back next year stronger than ever. Congratulations on a great season.

I know what your saying and although I can't speak for everyone...I "dont think"? anyone is "blaming" the loss on the refs, and everybody does make mistakes, you will not find a perfect called game anywhere. But when your playing at that level you expect the best there is. Bad calls can and sometimes will cost a game. Ive been reading 3 or 4 different sites and other than kids saying aww quit your whinning, a lot of people from places other than Belfry are talking about the calls. NOT blaming the whole game but.....
Hager58 Wrote:Not taking anything away from Centeral. They where there ready to play and may have very well won anyway but IMO it would have been a much better game had the calls been right on both sides of the ball . My son is just a freshman and this was a wonderfull experience for him. I think he and his teamates will be back to Louisville before their football days are over. I think it was just a sad day for the seniors who gave it their all they SHOULD be as proud of thereselves as we are of them!

:thumpsup: Nice post!
jgrubby Wrote:Uhh......, yeah they are they have the trophy to prove it!

A trophy that was won because of terrible officiating, do you comprehend?
Last Warning... If this thread continues to go off-topic, it will be closed.
Like I said earlier, Central's tough schedule had them well prepared for this game moreso than Belfry's. Personally I think Belfry shoulda kept Ironton on the schedule and shoulda faced a tougher opponent in the Pike County Bowl.
First off, congrats to Central... I was very surprised all the sportsman ship they showed, there wasn't hardly one play you didnt see one of them helping us up, or vise-versa... I talked to a few fans after the game when I was eating an they was very nice...

NOW as for the game, Belfry played bad, but if it wasn't for the officiating, as bad as Belfry played they still won this game... Everyone has already covered all the bad calls except one... Doesnt anyone remember the roughing the kicker they didnt call the punt before Central scored there first TD, Thomas got killed by 2 Central defenders, there was ref's on boths sides of it an didnt call it...
Redneck Wrote:Like I said earlier, Central's tough schedule had them well prepared for this game moreso than Belfry's. Personally I think Belfry shoulda kept Ironton on the schedule and shoulda faced a tougher opponent in the Pike County Bowl.

Ironton wasn't the same Ironton this year as past years, but I know what you meant.
Congrats Belfry on a great season.
Hager58 Wrote:Me to I don't know if he was at the same game we were or not but from where I was seating we had to beat 11 plus 3.
Yes I was at the game sitting amongst the Belfry Faithful. I saw the same game you did and I didn't have Pirate Red tinted glasses on. Moan and groan and make all the excuses you want, but it is what it is Pond Creekers. A loss. Congrats on a great season.

Additionally, I would like to state for the record. I made my observations and if you don't like them or agree with them makes no difference to me and being from Russell doesn't mean you have to support Belfry or anyone else.

Yes Russell is sitting at home, big deal. It happens. BTW Tyler Jones looked like a stud and stood out in the crowd when he was recognized before the game. That Big White R on his letterman jacket visually eclipsed Fugate and Cole's letters!Smile