Poll: Kentucky vs. Florida State - Music City Bowl
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Kentucky Wildcats
94.59%
Florida State Seminoles
5.41%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky vs. Florida State (Music City Bowl, December 31)
Just heard on 98.1 the Bull here in Lexington that UK will play Florida State in Nashville. This is now official. Let the fun begin.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thats great news!
Maybe great news but its also a loss for UK. No way can they handle Florida St.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Maybe great news but its also a loss for UK. No way can they handle Florida St.

:thatsfunn
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Maybe great news but its also a loss for UK. No way can they handle Florida St.

Let me guess, Kentucky is gonna get lucky again and win. Right?
Yeah if they win at all. When are you people going to realize that UK sports are becoming a joke these days. I will say this though, at least coach brooks shows more passion for his team than that guy coaching the basketball team.
Please explain why you think Florida State would beat Kentucky. What have they done this season to prove they are superior besides getting ripped by Florida?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Because they are playing UK. I would take Belfry's football team against UK anyday and I bet they would beat them. Also Florida St. has this coach named Bobby Bowden who will make UK look stupid. Florida is a much better team than both schools combined and would beat them both every day of the week and probably twice on sunday. Face it, UK sucks in football and are getting to that point really fast in basketball as well. UK will never be the elite sports school that you people think and hope they will be.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Because they are playing UK. I would take Belfry's football team against UK anyday and I bet they would beat them. Also Florida St. has this coach named Bobby Bowden who will make UK look stupid. Florida is a much better team than both schools combined and would beat them both every day of the week and probably twice on sunday. Face it, UK sucks in football and are getting to that point really fast in basketball as well. UK will never be the elite sports school that you people think and hope they will be.

Smile Yeah they have Bobby Bowden. He led them to the exact same record UK got this year at 7-5. Florida beat Florida State 45-12. They beat UK 45-37.

Virginia Tech beat Florida State 40-21. LSU beat Virginia Tech 48-7. Kentucky beat LSU.

Heck, Miami even managed to beat Florida State.

They have one of the worst pass defenses in the country, and went 7-5 in a conference far inferior to the SEC.

I'll take my chances, and the oddsmakers in Vegas probably will as well. Kentucky should be favored and win this game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Because they are playing UK. I would take Belfry's football team against UK anyday and I bet they would beat them. Also Florida St. has this coach named Bobby Bowden who will make UK look stupid. Florida is a much better team than both schools combined and would beat them both every day of the week and probably twice on sunday. Face it, UK sucks in football and are getting to that point really fast in basketball as well. UK will never be the elite sports school that you people think and hope they will be.

Okay, you've gone too far, even saying that you would take a high school team over Kentucky is ludicrous. Florida State could win but Bobby Bowden has been outcoached so many times in the past three seasons in a such a weak conference that it isn't even funny.
Just sit back and watch and UK will prove me right when they lose. Yes Bowden is over the hill and should have retired a few years ago but no way will he lose to a team like UK. Blackcat, I can understand why you would say I went too far saying a high school team could beat UK, especially since it was Belfry that I said could do it.
IF, this game is to happen, Ill take Kentucky 35-24..Florida State wouldnt be bowling at all if they were playing in the SEC..
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Just sit back and watch and UK will prove me right when they lose. Yes Bowden is over the hill and should have retired a few years ago but no way will he lose to a team like UK. Blackcat, I can understand why you would say I went too far saying a high school team could beat UK, especially since it was Belfry that I said could do it. Seeing as how Prestonsburg always loses to Belfry I see why you would be mad. Didnt mean to hurt your feelings. Oh wait, yes I did.
you willin' to wager that FSU-UK game??
What kind of wager would that be? I dont see why people would put so much stock in a team that played like they have this year. They got lucky a few times and blew games other times. So sure, ill make a bet, just name the terms.
OK, this is ridiculous.......UK beats the #1 ranked team in the nation, LSU at the time, and you're telling me that BELFRY could beat UK?

That's one of the most uneducated things I've heard in a long time.

UK has had one heck of a season on the football field compared to previous years.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:What kind of wager would that be? I dont see why people would put so much stock in a team that played like they have this year. They got lucky a few times and blew games other times. So sure, ill make a bet, just name the terms.
alright, if UK and Florida State play, I'll take UK straight up. No points. Just UK straight up. And I'll put $100 on it. I'd assume your from Pike County. I'll meet you somewhere to collect the money, or vice versa should I lose..meaning anywhere in Pike County you'd want to meet..
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:What kind of wager would that be? I dont see why people would put so much stock in a team that played like they have this year. They got lucky a few times and blew games other times. So sure, ill make a bet, just name the terms.

You're also putting zero stock into what Florida State done this year. Please go look at their schedule and pass defense stats and please explain to me how this won't be a game at all.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:alright, if UK and Florida State play, I'll take UK straight up. No points. Just UK straight up. And I'll put $100 on it. I'd assume your from Pike County. I'll meet you somewhere to collect the money, or vice versa should I lose..

Smile Take it to the PM's for discussion like this TH32.

By the way. The Music City Bowl is having an announcement of the teams @ 5:00 P.M our time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
No im not from Pikeville and no im not going 100 bucks either, i wasnt talking about a money bet. Just something fun and stupid. Because I wouldnt bet money on UK to win or lose, they arent worth it.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:No im not from Pikeville and no im not going 100 bucks either, i wasnt talking about a money bet. Just something fun and stupid. Because I wouldnt bet money on UK to win or lose, they arent worth it.
Smile I was talking money bets, lol sorry...
Its cool. But honestly if I was a wealthy man I would probably make the bet with ya, but im not so oh well. But I still would have a hard time betting anything on or against UK, as they are not one of my favorites.
That's enough about betting. Keep the thread on the topic of the Music City Bowl and Kentucky.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I like FSU but I would love to see our Cats beat the Bowden's in back to back bowls. Go Cats!

Dude, you are still living in the past. Like 10 years ago. Smile

In case you didn't realize it, the days of Florida State being a national power are long gone. Bobby Bowden may have been a great coach back then, but he's already got one foot on the shuffleboard court these days.

I have yet to figure out your anti-UK sentiments. You can easily brush aside wins over LSU and Louisville by saying UK got lucky (uh, ok), and dismiss a win over Arkansas by saying the Hogs aren't very good (yeah sure, an 8-4 record and the nation's best player must really suck). However, when Kentucky barely loses a game they easily could have won against Tennessee, you think it justifies saying that UK sucks. Doesn't make any sense.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I said myself that Bowden should probably have retired a few years back, do you not read everything in the post. I will stick by my comments about UK getting lucky against LSU and Louisville. But I do not recall saying anything about Arkansas not being very good. If you can show me where I said that then I will admit that I was wrong. The reason I say UK sucks is because they dont know how to win close games like the Tennessee game. I dont necassarily blame the players with the exception of Woodson and his bad decisions, it was the playcalling that lost that game. But look at the loss to Mississippi St., no way should UK have lost that game. I dont care if they hadnt had a bye week at that point, its no excuse to lose to them, same with the excuse of just playing Florida and LSU before that, good teams find ways to win, not lose. Prediction for next year, I will say they might and thats a big might, win 4 games, if that.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:I said myself that Bowden should probably have retired a few years back, do you not read everything in the post. I will stick by my comments about UK getting lucky against LSU and Louisville. But I do not recall saying anything about Arkansas not being very good. If you can show me where I said that then I will admit that I was wrong. The reason I say UK sucks is because they dont know how to win close games like the Tennessee game. I dont necassarily blame the players with the exception of Woodson and his bad decisions, it was the playcalling that lost that game. But look at the loss to Mississippi St., no way should UK have lost that game. I dont care if they hadnt had a bye week at that point, its no excuse to lose to them, same with the excuse of just playing Florida and LSU before that, good teams find ways to win, not lose. Prediction for next year, I will say they might and thats a big might, win 4 games, if that.

You say they don't know how to win close games yet they won close games against Louisville and LSU?

Arkansas was a close game until UK slammed the door in the 4th quarter.

Vandy was a close game and they won that.

Yeah, heaven forbid UK loses to another bowl team like Miss. State.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I hope its the Music City bowl. Had a great time in Nashville last year and I look forward to returning.
Ok, maybe you didn't say Arkansas wasn't any good. If you didn't, I stand corrected. But you still have yet to give UK any positive credit for any of their wins this year, be they LSU, Louisville, or Arkansas. I'm not saying UK is an elite program, but they aren't as bad as you say they are.

I don't see how you say UK can't win the close ones. Both the LSU and Louisville wins (that you so easily dismiss) showed that the team could win the tight ones. Does that mean they will win all of them? Of course not, as the Tennessee game showed. But at least they don't lose them all, either.

As for your prediction for next year, you are probably fairly accurate there. UK loses a lot of offensive talent, and will have to rely more on their defense(!) next year. I think 4 or 5 wins sounds about right.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Let's just stick to the topic at hand starting now. UK will play Florida State in the Music City Bowl on New Years Eve. I think UK wins this game mainly because FSU has no pass defense at all, and it will basically be like a home game for us. Can't wait.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Kentucky shows the ACC and the rest of the country just how strong the SEC is... GO BIG BLUE!

Kentucky- 38
Florida St.- 20