Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
88.00%
Breathitt County
12.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Breathitt County- Class AAA Semi-finals
Some info on the Russell /Breathitt game.

In the 4th quarter Colby Fugate completed 11 - 14 passes leading his team on two long drives, which was capped off by two short runs by his brother Channing Fugate.

For the game the qb completed 20-30 215 yds and one score.

The defense held Russell's leading rusher to only 98 yds.
Journeyman Wrote:I agree, they may be the best team in 3A, but in the state, I don't think so. St. X and Highlands are ligitimate 1 and 2. In that order.

Well yea thats what I meant though as in 3A... By bad for forgetting to put 3A Wink
Belfry fans are some of the best around. The Pond Creek Nation travels far to support there Pirates. Alot of times the PCN out numbers the fans of the home team.

This Friday night we have homefield advantage as we host a very good Breathitt Co team. Although I feel Belfry will win. Take nothing for granted.

The fans need to be very vocal Friday night don't wait for something to happen. Be the 12th man . Rock the CAM like never before. Everytime Breathitt has the ball yell, scream, bring your cow bells, blow horns whatever it takes.

Win or lose this is our last home game. Remember the late Steve Phillips told me one time that Belfry fans are special . He use to say that when the opposing team exited US 119 they had to go up heartbreak hill and meet the Pond Creek Nation.

To honor the "Voice of the Pirates "one more time let's make alot of noise ,root this team to victory, and continue our quest for a state championship.
belfrey by at least 2 td's
What time does the Tailgating start on friday
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
96 minutes to belfry pirate championship GLORY
belfrey will win this one and will do it with class. belfrey by 2 td's
TongueirateSku TongueirateSku BHSTongueirateSho TongueirateSho
bhs-42-51
breathitt-12-21
Tailgate begins around 5:30 to 5:45
Tailgate food is good I've gained about 10 pds during football season.
joethegreek Wrote:Belfry fans are some of the best around. The Pond Creek Nation travels far to support there Pirates. Alot of times the PCN out numbers the fans of the home team.

This Friday night we have homefield advantage as we host a very good Breathitt Co team. Although I feel Belfry will win. Take nothing for granted.

The fans need to be very vocal Friday night don't wait for something to happen. Be the 12th man . Rock the CAM like never before. Everytime Breathitt has the ball yell, scream, bring your cow bells, blow horns whatever it takes.

Win or lose this is our last home game. Remember the late Steve Phillips told me one time that Belfry fans are special . He use to say that when the opposing team exited US 119 they had to go up heartbreak hill and meet the Pond Creek Nation.

To honor the "Voice of the Pirates "one more time let's make alot of noise ,root this team to victory, and continue our quest for a state championship.

Awesome post !!!

It's our time again Pirates...let's bring the AAA title home for Mr.Phillips
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Belfry rolls to state...i played them and theyre machines. Simple as that...too much for Breathitt sorry guys. Dont matter to me tho cuz theres a mountain team in the championship so....cya hopefully at papa john's belfry.
belfry by 2 TD"s
Meaty Wrote:Well yea thats what I meant though as in 3A... By bad for forgetting to put 3A Wink

I apologize for sounding like I was putting Belfry down. I agree they are hands down the best in 3A. Will be very surprised if they don't win the rest of the games just like they have won previously.
Belfry is just too good.
believe to be closer than expected
belfry 24
breathitt 16
Belfry by 2 TD's, running game and defense too much for Breathitt
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:For Breathitt to win the game...they must be able to run the ball. If they have to rely on the passing game......No chance.
I think the same way about Belfry....If they do not pass the ball at least some, they will be beaten. It is a difference in philosophy and you are not wrong, and neither am I. Breathitt is more balanced than Belfry.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Things change, that is an unavoidable truth.

EKUAlum05 Wrote:I try to be as fair about assessing things as I can, but if Breathitt tries using their offense ala the Haddix and Sperry days, with the personnel they have this season, Belfry will smoke them, period.

The old Belfry defenses could not stop the pass, even in the 2003 and 2004 state championships that secondary looked absolutely lost in pass coverage, this Pirate secondary is very strong. A stat alot of people are not looking at is this, the great Somerset passing offense completed 7 total passes Friday night, all of which were caught by John Cole. Of those 7 receptions 4 were late in the game against subs that accounted for over 80 of their 150 total passing yards, and their only TD. Additionally, Cole gained about 70 yards on two catches where the coverage was absolutely perfect and he tied the ball up as the receiver and DB were going to the ground. Additonally, Belfry beat and battered the poor Somerset QB to death, I felt bad for the kid because he rarely had time to do anything.

In order for Breathitt to move the ball on Belfry they have to sue the balanced offense they have used all season where the Fugates both run the ball, and once the defense honors the run they go to the air.

NO TEAM IN THE STATE OF KENTUCKY, REGARDLESS OF CLASS, CAN BEAT BELFRY BEING ONE DEMENSIONAL! I am as negative as a Belfry fan as they come in terms of my optimism, it takes alot for me to say this.
Breahitt will probably lose this game, and I do not expect them to score amny points, but I do not expect Belfry to score many points either because Breathitt's weakest link is the defense as far as a team passing against them, and Belfry simply does not have that. Breathitt will collapse the ends and clog the middle like they always do against Belfry. Belfry is just way to talanted to be beaten though and will overcome anything Breathitt throws at them IMO.

Belfry 28
Breathitt 6

Better get us while you can Pirates, because the next couple seasons are looking good for the Bobcats. Also, Breathitt comes into "the cam" with no pressure on them. No one expected them to be here and it has been a successful season regardless of what happens at "the cam." I will have an idea of how the game will turn out after the first couple Breathitt offensive and defensive possessions.

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Breahitt will probably lose this game, and I do not expect them to score amny points, but I do not expect Belfry to score many points either because Breathitt's weakest link is the defense as far as a team passing against them, and Belfry simply does not have that. Breathitt will collapse the ends and clog the middle like they always do against Belfry. Belfry is just way to talanted to be beaten though and will overcome anything Breathitt throws at them IMO.

Sorry man, don't know if you have seen Belfry lately, but they can throw the ball too... Timmy & Thomas both have excellent hands, and Ryan Preston, and Jon Young can make some plays too.. Not to mention Andrew Elkins, he can actually throw a pretty ball..
I'll Belfry big. I just don't see Breathitt stoppin the smashmouth run game of Belfry nor do I see their offense puttin up very many points on that stingy Belfry defense.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Belfry 28
Breathitt 6

Better get us while you can Pirates, because the next couple seasons are looking good for the Bobcats. Also, Breathitt comes into "the cam" with no pressure on them. No one expected them to be here and it has been a successful season regardless of what happens at "the cam." I will have an idea of how the game will turn out after the first couple Breathitt offensive and defensive possessions.

well thats mighty fine, coz the next couple seasons the Pirates arn't going to be too shabby either Wink

We have a host of excellent players returning, a few specials ones who are just sophomores..
Belfy wins this one....and moves on to state which they will eventually win and send coach haywood out on a good note...good luck belfy....bring another championship home to the mountains
mrfootball03 Wrote:well thats mighty fine, coz the next couple seasons the Pirates arn't going to be too shabby either Wink

We have a host of excellent players returning, a few specials ones who are just sophomores..
Given equal talent I would take Breathitt over a one dementional Belfry team any day, as I am sure you would take the one dementional Pirates over the Bobcats any day. They do not call it a rivalry for nothing.

mrfootball03 Wrote:Sorry man, don't know if you have seen Belfry lately, but they can throw the ball too... Timmy & Thomas both have excellent hands, and Ryan Preston, and Jon Young can make some plays too.. Not to mention Andrew Elkins, he can actually throw a pretty ball..
I have not seen them play, only heard them on the radio and such. What are the passing attempts compared to the running attempts and completion % and such?

mrfootball03 Wrote:Sorry man, don't know if you have seen Belfry lately, but they can throw the ball too... Timmy & Thomas both have excellent hands, and Ryan Preston, and Jon Young can make some plays too.. Not to mention Andrew Elkins, he can actually throw a pretty ball..
I have not seen them play, only heard them on the radio and such. What are the passing attempts compared to the running attempts and completion % and such?
http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...tats_24578
http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...tats_24592

Breathitt's main RB has more yards rushing than does either May or the other kid. And that does not even count the yards recieving. Breathitt's passing game is as good as anyone's and on turf they will not have to worry about a "loose" field. The Pirates should win this one, but Breathitt will give them problems and are not to be overlooked.

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I have not seen them play, only heard them on the radio and such. What are the passing attempts compared to the running attempts and completion % and such?
http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...tats_24578
http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...tats_24592

Breathitt's main RB has more yards rushing than does either May or the other kid. And that does not even count the yards recieving. Breathitt's passing game is as good as anyone's and on turf they will not have to worry about a "loose" field. The Pirates should win this one, but Breathitt will give them problems and are not to be overlooked.

IMO Belfry faced the best passin team last week they have faced all year or will face in the near future. Don't count on Breathitt bein very effective on the ground, just ask Johnson Central how good their Run D is.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Breathitt will collapse the ends and clog the middle like they always do against Belfry.

Johnson Central, Sheldon Clark, Somerset, Corbin... They all did that. Shoved 9 or 10 in the box, with 1 or 2 deep men to prevent a break away. Ask them how well it worked. Our line shoves people out of the way. My 78 year old grandmother could have 100 yard games with the holes our line has opened up this year, and I'm not exagerating. When you have a hole big enough on a Counter Tre that you could literally drive a coal truck through, you know your line has done their job. There's this big sea of red jersies smashing everything out of their way like a big, angry, RED Hulk, and then nothing but a pristine green turf and a lone red man jogging happily as he can past the white lines all alone down the field for a TD.

Anyway, both JC and SC opened up the games with 9 in the box, and got burned for 20 yards on a DUMP PASS audible. Disrespect our ability to pass and Drew will burn you for a Buddy Ro or Tizzle or Ryno or Lavern & Shirly first down, and that's assuming your DB doesn't go "Belfry's passing?" and fall down from the surprise of it Tongue