• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell County Pirates 2008
It is only a matter of time before Coach Whitaker takes the pirates to the next level with the football program. It may not happen next season but within the next 2 to 3 years I see coach Whitaker taking Powell to a level of respectability. Alot of sophomore talent returning. Support is there and the weight room will make the difference for the pirates.
Coach Whitaker does a great job and if the pirates can get sound on defense I see an impromement next season.
How long will it take for this one to be closed?
If everyone can act like adults and discuss this seriously it can stay open for a long time. If everyone wants to be immature about it then it will get closed very quickly.
With a little hard work and Coach Whitaker at the helm it's only a matter of time that you should see a turn around.
I think it's very possible if Whitaker is willing to stay that long (2-3 yr).
MR.PERFECT Wrote:It is only a matter of time before Coach Whitaker takes the pirates to the next level with the football program. It may not happen next season but within the next 2 to 3 years I see coach Whitaker taking Powell to a level of respectability. Alot of sophomore talent returning. Support is there and the weight room will make the difference for the pirates.
Coach Whitaker does a great job and if the pirates can get sound on defense I see an impromement next season.

We all kept waiting for you to post another. So we did a little research for your defense bashing. According to class 3A posted by the KHSAA, your team was in the middle on defense 19 teams gave up less points and 19 gave up more points. Now for the offense, 29 teams scored more points total and 9 teams scored less points than this powerful offense you speak of. The one game we did see, Berea, I know the offense gave up 20 plus and I think Berea won by 17 or so. If your coach knows who you are and how you bad mouth your TEAM and lets you continue with this nonsense and does nothing about it, you do not have to worry about ever being respected. No coach worth his weight in gold would let this happen. It is a direct reflection of him and right know you all are making him look like he has no control over anything that happens with that team!
im thinkin 2-3 years to improve
yes coach whitaker will stay. and in 2-3 years he will definately raise the program to a new level. powell co has some good sophmore talent returning and they have some good size young men for the defensive line.
go pirates!
I have only stated positives about the job coach does and the team. Coach Whitaker is a great coach and it's only a matter of time before he will get the Powell county football program heading in the right direction. Coach knows how to get results and that's a proven. Let's keep this thread about positives.
MR.PERFECT Wrote:I have only stated positives about the job coach does and the team. Coach Whitaker is a great coach and it's only a matter of time before he will get the Powell county football program heading in the right direction. Coach knows how to get results and that's a proven. Let's keep this thread about positives.

Positives have been stated about a certain player for the most. And you have only bashed your defense, what do you think your coach would say about that since he makes the final call on what defense is ran and special teams. Powell has potential, it's gonna take time.
Do we have to hear about how to good Powell Co. is gonna be next year, like we did last year? All year long again?
Maybe? Its up to you. Everytime you respond, there will be a response back. It's kinda like an echo. If you shut up....you will not hear anything back.
blitz43 Wrote:Maybe? Its up to you. Everytime you respond, there will be a response back. It's kinda like an echo. If you shut up....you will not hear anything back.

Wow, kinda harsh???

:confused:
Powell will be fine. Takes time and patience.
I Rule The World Wrote:Do we have to hear about how to good Powell Co. is gonna be next year, like we did last year? All year long again?

Funny......true, but funny!

:thatsfunn
powell co will be fine. coach whitaker will turn the program around. are u going to hear how good they will be no. let's just wait and see.
blitz43 Wrote:Maybe? Its up to you. Everytime you respond, there will be a response back. It's kinda like an echo. If you shut up....you will not hear anything back.

OK. I will not respond to anymore of the Powell Co. talk. I will just read what is written, because I'm sure there will be alot of it. I'm sure they'll be 10-1,or 9-2 again next year. Probably play Trinity and St. X close, WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't talk about my favorite team because I knew they were gonna have a down year. When we start winning again, I'll talk about how good they are. That will save you Powell guys alot of grief.

Oh, and if you think Mike Whitaker is gonna stick around, you've got a rude awakening coming. Powell is just a stop a little further east than he was. He's not quiet as far south as he wants to be just yet.
I Rule The World Wrote:OK. I will not respond to anymore of the Powell Co. talk. I will just read what is written, because I'm sure there will be alot of it. I'm sure they'll be 10-1,or 9-2 again next year. Probably play Trinity and St. X close, WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't talk about my favorite team because I knew they were gonna have a down year. When we start winning again, I'll talk about how good they are. That will save you Powell guys alot of grief.

Oh, and if you think Mike Whitaker is gonna stick around, you've got a rude awakening coming. Powell is just a stop a little further east than he was. He's not quiet as far south as he wants to be just yet.

Wow! Sounds like you have some information people should know. I have to agree, I don't see him staying too long either. When Somerset's coach was leaving, Whitaker was the first one they called. He has many avenues he can travel. I wish him best of luck at Powell as long as he is there.
I think powell co will turn their program around maybe even next year....coach whitaker will be there longer than expected....i heard he just built a new house there
Go Pirates! Work hard! Give it all you got!
bobcatfan22 Wrote:I think powell co will turn their program around maybe even next year....coach whitaker will be there longer than expected....i heard he just built a new house there

How can it be turned around when it was never built? If their coach is building a house, he will have an easier time building it than building the football program. If you don't believe this, read all the threads, they hate each other!
The program won't ever head in the right direction, until Powell can pull off an upset over one of the major 3a east powers. Russell, Belfry, or Breathitt. Since that will never happen. I dont forsee Powell really being in contention for anything within the next decade. Unless they drastically improve like 1000% since I last saw them play Russell
What type of feeder system does Powell have? At Russell they now start at 4 yrs old playing flagg football. It used to begin at 7 and 8 full contact. This is what makes Russell so good, and why they reload with so much talent every year. They have a terrific feeder system, and have for years. I believe if I heard correctly there were close to 60 5 yr olds out this yr. Thats a crazy number for such a small town. If Powell could generate similar numbers they will have winning teams in the future, that goes for just about any school that's traditionally struggled. They usually have poor feeder systems.
Good luck powell
We play full contact from the 3rd grade up. That is 7 and 8 yr olds. Coach is trying to get something started there also.
EkyLb Wrote:The program won't ever head in the right direction, until Powell can pull off an upset over one of the major 3a east powers. Russell, Belfry, or Breathitt. Since that will never happen. I dont forsee Powell really being in contention for anything within the next decade. Unless they drastically improve like 1000% since I last saw them play Russell

Administration is the main problem.... They ran the best coach they ever had off, the one who started it , Bruce Reynolds. They have had years which looked good for the future but again the coach ends up leaving. I am not sure how many, but they have had more head coaches in less time than most programs have had in 30+ years. By the way they talk on here, they obviously do not understand what it takes to be successful.
Journeyman Wrote:Administration is the main problem.... They ran the best coach they ever had off, the one who started it , Bruce Reynolds. They have had years which looked good for the future but again the coach ends up leaving. I am not sure how many, but they have had more head coaches in less time than most programs have had in 30+ years. By the way they talk on here, they obviously do not understand what it takes to be successful.

Since 1998 (10 total seasons) they have gone through 6 head coaches (7 if you count the coach from W. Virginia who stayed for a couple of days in the summer of 2004 before leaving). Jones and Cvitkovic were there the longest, 3 seasons each.
rawlingsfan Wrote:Since 1998 (10 total seasons) they have gone through 6 head coaches (7 if you count the coach from W. Virginia who stayed for a couple of days in the summer of 2004 before leaving). Jones and Cvitkovic were there the longest, 3 seasons each.

That is a lot. I talked with a guy who told me he coached at Powell. He basically said the same thing.
qb destroyer Wrote:powell co will be fine. coach whitaker will turn the program around. are u going to hear how good they will be no. let's just wait and see.

One of Powell's coaches told me that they are looking at playing a kid named Brannom at QB next year. Said Coach Whitaker told him he problably should have played him this year. He is a young sophomore and played QB on the Junior Varsity. Supposedly did fairly well and has the best arm on the team. IDK. They are returning all but seven according to him and with the schedule not very rough could be a turning point for Coach Whitaker.
  • 1(current)
  • Next