Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
88.00%
Breathitt County
12.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Breathitt County- Class AAA Semi-finals
belfry 34
breathitt-7
I just came by CAM and it looks like all coaches have already assembled to begin prep for next week. With the excitement that was in the air last night after the game, the Pond Creek nation will be hard to stop. Belfry should ride into Papa John's with a perfect season!!!!
Super-Card Wrote:After watching the Russell vs Breathitt game and seeing Belfry several times this year I'm going to have to say Pirates. Unless Belfry puts the ball on the ground this one won't even be close. Breathitt nor Russell wanted any part of the Big Red Machine this year. Pond Creek will be rocking all week and Breathitt had better bring a better crowd than they did against Russell or it will be a sea of red.
Good luck to both teams.

Belfry: 42
Breathitt:6
This is the most ridiculous statement I have ever read on this site.
I don't think either team puts up more then 28 imo.
DevilsWin Wrote:This is the most ridiculous statement I have ever read on this site.
Why? I watched the game last night and neither team is as good as Belfry. Nothing personal, they beat out my team also. They are just better than everyone else right now. If Breathitt plays well and Belfry plays well then Belfry will win.
If Russell was playing Belfry and they played well and so did Belfry then Belfry would win. Not saying you didn't want to play them only saying you would more than likley end up buying tickets the following week. Just like us
Belfry will walk through state IMO. The Pirates are just that good.
Super-Card Wrote:Why? I watched the game last night and neither team is as good as Belfry. Nothing personal, they beat out my team also. They are just better than everyone else right now. If Breathitt plays well and Belfry plays well then Belfry will win.
If Russell was playing Belfry and they played well and so did Belfry then Belfry would win. Not saying you didn't want to play them only saying you would more than likley end up buying tickets the following week. Just like us
Oh yes you were! Complete Bull Butter! And I hate to break it to you but Sheldon Clark is not the kind of programn that Russell and Belfry are year in and year out.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:"Breathitt-Necks?" What is that all about? Who really cares if you do not like people from Breathitt. There are bad groups in every town, whether it be in the Mountains, or in the city.

Well said!! I don't see anything wrong with Breathitt! They play like any good team plays.....INTIMIDATING.....They gang tackle and get to the ball. You have to play with a chip on the shoulder to be good. However, with this said, I think Breathitt is a year away from going back to the state. They will lose only 2 or 3 players this year and if all is well, they should be DOMINATE the next two years!! Got to go with Belfry at home!
I am gong to try and listen in on this one next week should be a good game.
DevilsWin Wrote:Oh yes you were! Complete Bull Butter! And I hate to break it to you but Sheldon Clark is not the kind of programn that Russell and Belfry are year in and year out.

Easy....I know of people being disciplined on here for bashing other programs. LOL Try to put it in other words, if not, it sounds like the other people on here who always get threads closed (Powell County) which are enteraining to read but embarrassing to the county they live.
Belfry-48
Breathitt-20
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Belfry-48
Breathitt-20

I agree with Belfry winning, I don't think they will score more than 30 pts against the Bobcats unless they get in that 11 man within 4 yards of the ball defense against them which got them beat against Prestonsburg last year IMO. If that happens then you are probably right, could be in the 50's.
Booya Wrote:Easy....I know of people being disciplined on here for bashing other programs. LOL Try to put it in other words, if not, it sounds like the other people on here who always get threads closed (Powell County) which are enteraining to read but embarrassing to the county they live.
Just stating the facts.

Fact #1 Russell Runs From Nobody.
Fact #2 Sheldon Clark is not the kind of program Russell/Belfry are.
Fact #3 I won't let anyone bash Russell and be unchallenged.

That being said yes this thread needs to be kept on track and Bashing Russell isn't helping to do that.
:pirategir Getting back to the thread...This Pirate faithful picks the Pirates (of course) by at least 21! Go Bucs!:letsparty
Journeyman Wrote:Well said!! I don't see anything wrong with Breathitt! They play like any good team plays.....INTIMIDATING.....They gang tackle and get to the ball. You have to play with a chip on the shoulder to be good. However, with this said, I think Breathitt is a year away from going back to the state. They will lose only 2 or 3 players this year and if all is well, they should be DOMINATE the next two years!! Got to go with Belfry at home!

I hate to break the news to you but, Breathitt wont be DOMINATING Belfry next year, Belfry may lose Dustin May and a few others, but they will be loaded next year again, Elkins back at QB Charlie dotson an Ivan Lee back in the backfield, most of our line is returning... Also Ivan Lee may be the best back in the mountains or better yet the state next year... May be another back to back title run for the pond creek nation...
Calpreps.com picks Belfry 31-24, they have picked us a little low just about all season, I say Belfry-45
Breathitt-20
Yeah, the Pond Creek nation will be out in full force this week...I expect Cam Stadium to be bulging at the seams....

This will be a great game to be at....

Taking nothing away from Breathitt beating Russell at Russell....but I think Belfry will march on to the Pizza House 14-0

Belfry -42
Breathitt County -24
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Belfry-38
Breathitt-21(1td on the 2nd team D)
Belfry- 42
Breathitt- 12
Belfry 45
Breathitt 14
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Belfry is not shy of respect around here, but apparently Breathitt is. Breathitt and Russell both would have scored a lot more points last night if RBs and WRs could have had better footing. That being said, I do not believe this game will be a blowout. I look for a game that is decided late in the fourth quarter. Belfry is the favorite because it is at Belfry, but it should be a great game.
Belfry 42-19
I'm thinking Breathitts earned a little more respect than what I'm seeing. What makes everyone think they aren't gonna at least put more points on us than Somerset did. If we go to sleep on Defense like we did in the fourth quarter then we might be in for a sad night.They aren't undefeated for nothing. Take nothing away from Hughes but he wasn't any better than Dials or Grimm for that matter.Hopefully Russell softened them up for us LOL
Belfry-35
Breathitt-14
i'll take the pirates by 2 td's
cobra67 Wrote:I'm thinking Breathitts earned a little more respect than what I'm seeing. What makes everyone think they aren't gonna at least put more points on us than Somerset did. If we go to sleep on Defense like we did in the fourth quarter then we might be in for a sad night.They aren't undefeated for nothing. Take nothing away from Hughes but he wasn't any better than Dials or Grimm for that matter.Hopefully Russell softened them up for us LOL
Most of the Breathitt fans know that Belfry is the favorite and should win this game. That being said, Breathitt is capable of beating them if they do not play at the top of their game. It will take a great effort to beat a solid Belfry team IMO.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Journeyman Wrote:Well said!! I don't see anything wrong with Breathitt! They play like any good team plays.....INTIMIDATING.....They gang tackle and get to the ball. You have to play with a chip on the shoulder to be good. However, with this said, I think Breathitt is a year away from going back to the state. They will lose only 2 or 3 players this year and if all is well, they should be DOMINATE the next two years!! Got to go with Belfry at home!
Breathitt is an extremely young team and in the minds of the fans that really know the team, they would agree that making it this far is a great achievement for this team, next year they will be better, or so that is what I am hearing from my friends and family in Jackson.

Breathitt will be in this game if they can spread the field and make the offensive skill players that play both ways for Belfry run until they puke. That is usually how they win, especially coming back in the fourth quarter of games like they do.

As much as i hate to im going to half to take Belfry in this one, just basing this off of what i have saw, if Belfry can hold Johnson Centrals Shawn Grimm to hardly any yards at all i think that they will absolutely kill breathitt with their run defense. But on the flipside i know nothing about Belfry's pass defense. We forced Breathitt to go away from their favorite formation the Utah Option into doubles and making them throw the ball all game we held Breathitt to 87 rushing yards on 25 carries, but passing wise they had 215 in the air. I just dont see Breathitt surviving this one.
After playing both Breathitt(scrimmage) and Belfry(last week), Belfry will win big over the Bobcats. Belfry is hands down the best team in the state.