Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which 2 teams will play for the championship in class A?
Personally I have to go with Beechwood and Hazard.

Everyone else?
theres 3 championships? are we talking state here? if so IMO Hazard wouldnt make it. they had an easy schedule this year.

Pikeville and Hazard will play for region i almost know
If...Then Wrote:theres 3 championships? are we talking state here? if so IMO Hazard wouldnt make it. they had an easy schedule this year.

Pikeville and Hazard will play for region i almost know

If so that game would be played at Hazard right?
i was mainly talking about sate but yes that game would be played at Hazard...but wouldnt pikeville have to beat lynn camp?
hazard just knocked off the # 3 team in the state ? that doesnt sound easy and the score was 41-21
MVP2 Wrote:If so that game would be played at Hazard right?

if it goes rotation by year yes. but isnt it record or seed??
Beechwood will make it, dont kno who else
Hazard and Beechwood....Pikeville doesn't have a chance against hazard. Sorry.
Beechwood/Hazard.
Hazard is the best chance for a mountain team to win in Louisville.
Pikeville could knock them off and be the spoiler.
Mayfield and Beechwood are probably the top 2 teams in the West.
I have no clue about 1 A this year but isn't Beechwood down this year?
red_devils_rule Wrote:I have no clue about 1 A this year but isn't Beachwood down this year?
They've been #1 in Class A most of the season.
MVP2 Wrote:If so that game would be played at Hazard right?
No It would be at Pikeville and the way the playoff structure is set up we would be playing in the state semis not the region finals. If we both get that far that is.
DevilsWin Wrote:They've been #1 in Class A most of the season.

Oh OK thank ya, I didn't know thats why i put what i put.
With the new alignment, Hazard and Pikeville would meet in the SEMI-FINALS. Just so it is noted, Pikeville technically is playing in REGION 3 DISTRICT 8 this particular season, they would meet the winner of 1A District 5, which is LCA's district.

Now stick with me cause it gets tricky:
REGIONAL FINAL
REGION 3: The ODD district/region is in control this year. as long as Pikeville plays LCA, they will have to go on the road for the regional finals. if any other team (seed 2-4) advances then Pikeville would host the regional final as they are the higher seed.

REGION 4: Hazard is in District 7... thus they will play District 8's winner (Lynn Camp, Williamsburg, etc). Hazard as the 1 seed in the odd district, will host the regional final regardless of which seeded team advances.

STATE SEMI'S:

The Odd numbered region will host the State Semi-Finals this season REGARDLESS OF SEED AND/OR District Number. Thus, if Pikeville advances to the state semi-finals they would HOST Hazard, despite being in an even numebred district whereas Hazard is in an odd number district. If LCA is victorious,or Raceland, or Paintsville, or whoever.... they will host Hazard.

Next year, Pikeville will return to Region 4 under the current alignment, they will be matched in the regional finals with District 6 (Lynn Camp), thus meaning that due to it being an even year (2008), the even numberd region would host the semi-finals. Hazard will go to Region 3 and will be paired up with District 5 (LCA district).

Here are the links to where this info comes from:

http://www.khsaa.org/football/2007/district.html
http://www.khsaa.org/football/playoffpairings.pdf

Hope this helps the confusion some.
Beechwood for sure and the winner of Pikeville or Hazard if either one of them makes it that far to play each other.
Do not count out LCA. They had seven turnovers on Friday and two botched shot gun snaps that cost them dearly.
Raceland. Gotta go witha home team.!!
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
hillbilly Wrote:Do not count out LCA. They had seven turnovers on Friday and two botched shot gun snaps that cost them dearly.

They still gave up 600+ yards and looked terrible not being able to stop Hazard's run or pass. Don't know about Pikeville, but LCA is overmatched against Hazard.
Class A State Championship will be between Beechwood and Hazard, with the Tigers winning.
Beechwood will not beat Frankfort. It will be Hazard and Frankfort in the State Championship Game. Talk about some speed.
I Rule The World Wrote:Beechwood will not beat Frankfort. It will be Hazard and Frankfort in the State Championship Game. Talk about some speed.

Have you seen Beechwood play??? They have speed and strength.
blackcat_student Wrote:Have you seen Beechwood play??? They have speed and strength.
I agree, and they didn't have their best player on the field when they played Prestonsburg
I know Frankfort beat Danville. I mean, Beechwood is Beechwood. I just think this is the year where neither Beechwood or Mayfield are in the championship game.
Didn't Lynn Camp play Hazard all over the field at Hazard? I'm not sure that Hazard will get past Lynn Camp this time around.

Playing at Hazard usually gives them a 1-2 touchdown advantage.
Elwayfan Wrote:Didn't Lynn Camp play Hazard all over the field at Hazard? I'm not sure that Hazard will get past Lynn Camp this time around.

Playing at Hazard usually gives them a 1-2 touchdown advantage.

LOL...go check the Lynn Camp-Hazard thread on this site. The game was at Lynn Camp and the refs were against us the whole time. Im not one to usually blame the refs and I will admit we played one of the worst halfs of football I have personally ever seen us play. But, the fact is that was a horrible game which would be @ Hazard next time. I dont think Lynn Camp will make the third round however, I see us (if we get that far) playing campbellsville or williamsburg. But, we'll see....
A Decent Lineman Wrote:LOL...go check the Lynn Camp-Hazard thread on this site. The game was at Lynn Camp and the refs were against us the whole time. Im not one to usually blame the refs and I will admit we played one of the worst halfs of football I have personally ever seen us play. But, the fact is that was a horrible game which would be @ Hazard next time. I dont think Lynn Camp will make the third round however, I see us (if we get that far) playing campbellsville or williamsburg. But, we'll see....
My bad, I was thinking it was at Hazard. Wasn't the final score 16-14, Hazard?
Elwayfan Wrote:My bad, I was thinking it was at Hazard. Wasn't the final score 16-14, Hazard?

no 17-13
Hazard vs Beechwood in Louisville, and Hazard walks away with the title.
Sarrr Wrote:Hazard vs Beechwood in Louisville, and Hazard walks away with the title.

I agree!!!!!!!!!