Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 35 - Raceland 14
Final
Congrats Devils:flame:
Also Congrats to Raceland on a good game.:thumpsup:
Congratulations on a great game. Both teams played very hard with Russell coming out on top. It was good to see Jones in for the whole game on both sides of the ball. David Bailey had a great game tonight. Russell got another very slow start but came back hard in the second half.

Exceptional football facility with a packed house.
Kudos to both teams. Both teams played hard and as far as I could tell played clean hardnosed football. Congrats to David Bailey, WOW, what a return on the kickoff.
Congrats Russell.
Yea,,,, I dont have to hear about it anymore at Church.... Great Job for Russell and Raceland.. My prediction was off a bit but the same outcome........Great game for the community...
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
hopefully Russell never has to play there again, I was on the fence and still couldnt see crap the whole game. not jack for seating either, this needs to always be played @ russell, or raceland needs to add some nore seats
grats russel
yes there needs to be more setting at raceland way more setting, but con grats to both teams for a great game
I called this one! Didn't think it would be that close! Good win Russell and Raceland apparently gave them all they could handle the first half! Good Luck to both in the playoffs!
I was very impressed with the quality of the Raceland team. They are a very good team that can play with anyone. Someone said it was a fluke that you beat Ashland two years in a row. I can assure you it was no fluke. Great team..

I read this morning in the newspaper that David Bailey redemed himself after his sub par performance last week. I just have three thing to say about Bailey. 1. The young man has the skills and the talent to become one of the Russell great backs. 2. The TD run was one of the greatest returns I have seen in High School. I really liked the way he gave his blockers credit for the run. Class. 3. Congratulations to Bailey on being the MVP for Russell.

One other that I thought played well was John Cornwell. We don't hear his name much. Tough kid.

I want to say that I stand corrected on the Tyler Jones injury. He should have played the whole game last night because there were no signs that he was hurt that I could see. I'll bet that ankle is still sore though.

Bates is fast. It was nice to see him run away from the defense. He is going to be a nice back in the future.
Box Score (Final) RUSSELL vs RACELAND (Oct 26, 2007 at Raceland)
Score by Quarters 1 2 3 4 Score
----------------- -- -- -- -- -----
RUSSELL............. 7 7 14 7 - 35 Record: (9-1,4-0)
RACELAND............ 7 7 0 0 - 14 Record: (6-3,3-1)

Scoring Summary:1st 06:13 RACELAND - Brian Tolliver 10 yd pass from Tyler Boyles (Jacob Sparks kick), 12-79 5:47, RUSSELL 0 - RACELAND 7 05:53 RUSSELL - D. Bailey 97 yd kickoff return (J. Dolly kick), , RUSSELL 7 - RACELAND 72nd 07:07 RACELAND - J. Carver 65 yd run (Jacob Sparks kick), 5-84 1:47, RUSSELL 7 - RACELAND 14 06:48 RUSSELL - A. Bates 74 yd run (J. Dolly kick), 1-74 0:11, RUSSELL 14 - RACELAND 143rd 09:22 RUSSELL - D. Abrams 3 yd run (J. Dolly kick), 6-65 2:38, RUSSELL 21 - RACELAND 14 02:39 RUSSELL - D. Abrams 1 yd run (J. Dolly kick), 11-58 4:55, RUSSELL 28 - RACELAND 144th 07:59 RUSSELL - Ty. Jones 1 yd run (J. Dolly kick), 5-11 2:31, RUSSELL 35 - RACELAND 14
RUSSELL RACELAND
FIRST DOWNS................... 14 11
RUSHES-YARDS (NET)............ 44-223 28-178
PASSING YDS (NET)............. 135 80
Passes Att-Comp-Int........... 10-6-1 22-12-3
TOTAL OFFENSE PLAYS-YARDS..... 54-358 50-258
Fumble Returns-Yards.......... 0-0 0-0
Punt Returns-Yards............ 0-0 1-2
Kickoff Returns-Yards......... 2-113 6-82
Interception Returns-Yards.... 3-17 1-4
Punts (Number-Avg)............ 2-39.5 4-38.8
Fumbles-Lost.................. 0-0 1-1
Penalties-Yards............... 5-39 6-27
Possession Time............... 26:42 21:18
Third-Down Conversions........ 5 of 10 2 of 9
Fourth-Down Conversions....... 1 of 3 2 of 2
Red-Zone Scores-Chances....... 3-3 1-1
Sacks By: Number-Yards........ 0-0 0-0

RUSHING: RUSSELL-A. Bates 9-103; D. Abrams 20-65; D. Bailey 8-44; Ty.Jones 7-11. RACELAND-J. Carver 12-107; Bret Denton 12-64; Steven Piercey1-4; Tyler Boyles 2-3; Brian Tolliver 1-0.

PASSING: RUSSELL-Ty. Jones 6-10-1-135. RACELAND-Tyler Boyles12-22-3-80.

RECEIVING: RUSSELL-D. Bailey 4-109; M. Dillon 2-26. RACELAND-JacobSparks 4-32; Brian Tolliver 3-26; Shannon Large 3-14; J. Carver 1-5; BretDenton 1-3.

INTERCEPTIONS: RUSSELL-D. Abrams 1-6; AJ Cordle 1-0; J. Mitchell1-11. RACELAND-Tyler Boyles 1-4.

FUMBLES: RUSSELL-None. RACELAND-J. Carver 1-1.

Stadium: Ram Stadium
Attendance: 6000
Kickoff time: 7:30
End of Game: 9:46
Total elapsed time: 2:16
Officials:
Temperature: 55 Wind: minor
Weather: cool, cloudy
6000 in attendance is that an accurate account or that an estimate. I do know that they were saying that they were expecting about 7000 for the game.
Congrats to Russell on the big win.
Was kinda surprised by Raceland's run defense, but they were loading the box, which is why the passing game is so important. They did a really good job stopping Abrams last night, which surprised me, hes a real good runner, but they were just in the hole all night long leaving nowhere to run mose of the time, kudos to Drew for hanging onto the ball he got hit in the backfield a few times, which is where most fumbles happen, gotta credit their coaching staff for having them ready for the Russell rushing attack. Luckily Bailey had a great game along with Bates, and took alot of the pressure off Drew. I look for him to go for 150+ on EC in 2 weeks.
EkyLb Wrote:hopefully Russell never has to play there again, I was on the fence and still couldnt see crap the whole game. not jack for seating either, this needs to always be played @ russell, or raceland needs to add some nore seats
I couldn' agree more. Raceland mystique my hind end. More like the Raceland MISTAKE.
Way to step up Dave Bailey. You could see it even in pregame.

Hard running by Abrams and Bates as well. Big time credit to the O line. They have been great all year against teams loading up the box.

Tyler Jones ankle still appears to affect his ability to cut and running the ball.. Nice job finding recievers and making plays.

Russell's defense was superb in the second half. Dillon, Bender and Cornwell along the line. The secondary looked good as well. Also Russell will be very good at linebacker for the next couple of years. Sophmores Will Rice and Kamron Smith have played very well and continued to do so last night.
Congrats Red Devils
DEVIL89 Wrote:6000 in attendance is that an accurate account or that an estimate. I do know that they were saying that they were expecting about 7000 for the game.

No way there was 6000 people there last night...It was a good crowd but had the game been at Russell everyone would have had a seat if they wanted it...I doubt the crowd was much better than the Greenup game at home to start the season...Everyone was packed in like sardines...You can take a packed house at a Marshall basketball game and it looks a lot bigger than the same crowd in Rupp...
I would have to say that there was probably 5000, but is was a great atmosphere even though it was such a small stadium.
FBALL Wrote:Tyler Jones ankle still appears to affect his ability to cut and running the ball..

The bootleg relies heavily on being able to make that quick cut and I too noticed that the ankle was causing problems on that particular play.
I also noticed that when he was about to get hit, especially on the side of his hurt leg, he would lift his leg in the air so it would not get hit even more.
Congrats Russell!!!!!
Congrats Russell
http://picasaweb.google.com/reddevilspor...4014488482

Heres a link to pictures from the game. The first one really shows alot of class.Rolleyes

But maybe thats what they think they need to beat Russell.Big Grin

I'd like to think the administration at Raceland would have had more sense than to let them bring that kind of inappropriate sign on the field.
http://picasaweb.google.com/reddevilspor...9784292274

Kind of like this one though.
DEVIL89 Wrote:I would have to say that there was probably 5000, but is was a great atmosphere even though it was such a small stadium.

I bet the track was full haha Congrats to both teams
Heard today that the count was 6500 tickets sold.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
This is right down worng and I think that there should be something done about it

http://picasaweb.google.com/reddevilspor...4014488482

Take a look at this pic.