Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simon Kenton 42 Russell 41
Sounded like a wild game. Congrats Simon Kenton!
i can go ahead and tell you belfry is the best team in 3a
RedSeal Wrote:i can go ahead and tell you belfry is the best team in 3a

You can say it all you want, doesn't make it true. Besides, Belfry hasn't played anybody except for Corbin. The rest of their schedule is just as weak if not weaker than Russell's.
You lose 5 games in the past 4 years and you can't coach that is funny!!! Ivan has coached two state champions and 1 runner-up team in his career at Russell I bet there isn't 50 other staffs in the state that can say that. Had to win some big games somewhere. Another point is if you knew Ivan very well you would know that he never wants credit for his teams success he always wants it to go to his players. So what makes him happy with 300 wins is that his kids have enjoyed 300 wins!!!!!!!!!!
This is also the same defensive coach who was praised for his defensive schemes only last year. With one loss this season he becomes an idiot according to some of you on here. Get a life!!!!!!!!!!
BBB Wrote:You lose 5 games in the past 4 years and you can't coach that is funny!!! Ivan has coached two state champions and 1 runner-up team in his career at Russell I bet there isn't 50 other staffs in the state that can say that. Had to win some big games somewhere. Another point is if you knew Ivan very well you would know that he never wants credit for his teams success he always wants it to go to his players. So what makes him happy with 300 wins is that his kids have enjoyed 300 wins!!!!!!!!!!
This is also the same defensive coach who was praised for his defensive schemes only last year. With one loss this season he becomes an idiot according to some of you on here. Get a life!!!!!!!!!!
I don't think anyone is calling anyone an idiot. What I think they're saying is there were a couple of questionable calls. That's all, it happens.
Coach Morris is an incredibly talented defensive coordinator, way better than top 50 in the state. Sometimes you take a gamble and it doesn't pay off. No big deal.
Heck II for one don't know half of what he knows and I've been around football and football coaches my entire life.
DevilsWin Wrote:You don't know what he knows. You should care.

i have coached for russell for 6 years so i think i know what i am talking about
DevilsWin Wrote:I don't think anyone is calling anyone an idiot. What I think they're saying is there were a couple of questionable calls. That's all, it happens.
Coach Morris is an incredibly talented defensive coordinator, way better than top 50 in the state. Sometimes you take a gamble and it doesn't pay off. No big deal.
Heck II for one don't know half of what he knows and I've been around football and football coaches my entire life.

And he tells them what to get in and if they do not hear him its not his fault that has been many plays, to where he calls a D play and than change it due to them comeing out of teh hudle in a diffrent formation, and when u try to yell at the players to change the play its hard to hear when you have a crowed of people yelling and screming in the back ground,
A dumb mistake costs russel.
woo, sounds like this was one heck of a game. A facemask with 0:00 time left on the clock? That's unbelievable. Congrats SK on the win.
Congrats Simon Kenton!
Its all right to be critical of some things that happened in this game. Had the onside kick worked it is a good move? There is that risk/reward factor. Too much risk in that one for me. And I would still like to see some more cover 2 from Russell against the spread.

Anyone that is overly critical of the Russell staff is naive. They know exactly what they are doing. This was a tough loss to a good 6A school in a game that Russell really should have one. Its not the end of the world.
Congrats simon kenton
FBALL Wrote:Its all right to be critical of some things that happened in this game. Had the onside kick worked it is a good move? There is that risk/reward factor. Too much risk in that one for me. And I would still like to see some more cover 2 from Russell against the spread.

Anyone that is overly critical of the Russell staff is naive. They know exactly what they are doing. This was a tough loss to a good 6A school in a game that Russell really should have one. Its not the end of the world.

I agree with you 100 % but some people go to far some times on here and I am sorry if i hurt anyones feelings but some things should be kept to themselves
Any one have 2 seats to the Mason game this coming week????????? FBALL I am not riding with you, you have bad luck driving that far.... Just joking.... Good to be back home and does take 16 hours to drive it....Man am I beat....
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Any one have 2 seats to the Mason game this coming week????????? FBALL I am not riding with you, you have bad luck driving that far.... Just joking.... Good to be back home and does take 16 hours to drive it....Man am I beat....

I'm going but I am not coming back......
Midee1 Wrote:I'm going but I am not coming back......
Let the celebration begin....:rockon:

You really lobbed that one in there.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Any one have 2 seats to the Mason game this coming week????????? FBALL I am not riding with you, you have bad luck driving that far.... Just joking.... Good to be back home and does take 16 hours to drive it....Man am I beat....
I got new tires. Big Grin
Where are you going?????????????
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
FBALL Wrote:You really lobbed that one in there.

Seems to be the only way you can get ahold of one.....Big Grin
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Where are you going?????????????

Heading on up to NKU to spend the night and take the Big baby and his girlfriend to play golf and to dinner on Saturday.
Tell Michael we said hello and hope he is doing good,,, Zip says hello...
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Tell Michael we said hello and hope he is doing good,,, Zip says hello...

Will do. He is doing great. Good grades, presidential ambassador, working 2 jobs and got his co-op that he was wanting to get. All is well but don't look for him to come home this summer and umpire.
understand..!!!
FBALL Wrote:Let the celebration begin....:rockon:

You really lobbed that one in there.

and you wonder why everyone hates you including all of the Russell fans. Am I going to have to take this to PM's?

Smile Wink
i believe this is a sport for the young men and not the adults
adults take it more seroius then the boys do
you can say what you want
but why do you continue to come to games or listen to the radio if all your going to do is wine and complain
stop please your kindley annoying
dundee Wrote:i believe this is a sport for the young men and not the adults
adults take it more seroius then the boys do
you can say what you want
but why do you continue to come to games or listen to the radio if all your going to do is wine and complain
stop please your kindley annoying

The way I see it the sport is for both the adults and the kids.

The adults coach, cheer for, raise, disipline the kids etc.

All the kids have to do is play the game. Maybe the kids need to take the game a bit more seriously. Without the adults where would the kids even be?

Who exactly are you directing this post to?
Midee1 Wrote:The way I see it the sport is for both the adults and the kids.

The adults coach, cheer for, raise, disipline the kids etc.

All the kids have to do is play the game. Maybe the kids need to take the game a bit more seriously. Without the adults where would the kids even be?

Who exactly are you directing this post to?

who says we dont take it seriously?
RedDevilRB Wrote:who says we dont take it seriously?

My post was directed towards dundees post above about the adults taking it more seriously than the kids.
I don't see how there could be many complaints...the game came down to the last second. I bet that kicker feels special!
Okay, With some fear,I guess I'll put my two cents in. I would instead of hashing on some of the obvious mistakes (by players and coaches alike), I would like to point out some of the positives.

1. The defense came up with a big play on the first drive of the game with a fumble and recovery.
2. Minus the first drive of the 3rd quarter,The offensive line played really well again. There were 2 or 3 times when on pulling and trap plays the pulling guards (Foster and Boyd) made hits so hard they could be heard up in the second level of the HANK.
3. I like the switch up using Tyler as a blocking and running back in the backfield and AJ at QB.
4. Two more interceptions (Adam Foster number 3 and 40 yard return) and (Tyler number 2 and 40+ yard return) Those 2 are really playing well on both sides of the ball right now.
5. Dolley is really kicking the ball well.
6. Defensive front line is consistently holding teams under 100 yds rushing.
7. Drew Abrams 4 more TD's. You can just see the confidence in his running now.
8. The coaching staff seeing the left side of the SK's kick return open and Dolly putting the ball in that exact spot for us to recover. Good call.

So Russell players, take these 8 things (I'm sure there were more that I have forgotten) and then watch the mistakes and go out this week and add to the above list and cut down on the negatives and next Friday night walk out onto the field at Mason and look at your side of the field and KNOW that we as Russell Fans, dads, moms etc will be there packing out the stands, with horns blowing, bells ringing and voices shouting encouragement and take those things along with your gameplan and abilities and Mason Co will know they are in for 48 minutes of smash-mouth Russell football.