Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg vs. Pikeville
jetpilot Wrote:Pikeville ran for 400 yards on P'burg last year and they will do it again. P'burg is still soft on the run, Beechwood's stud RB didn't play and they still ran the ball with ease.

Pikeville 35
P'burg 21

Just a question - how many years in a row has Pikeville beaten P'burg?

No chance Pikeville will run for 400. They dont have the line they had last year. And you take away a couple big plays from Beechwood and they dont run the ball with ease. But it doesnt matter who has the most yards. All that matters is the scoreboard when the game is over.
Prestonsburg by a wide margin!!!!!!!!!!
blackcat Wrote:Have you picked Prestonsburg to win one game this year?

I've wondered the same thing. Although, Tires did pick Prestonsburg to win in the Week 8 Pick'em.Cool
pikeville has no chance in this game,p-burgs front four are starting to come on big time, they will shut down the pikeville running game.we will score the first time we get the ball.this game could be over by half time.pikeville is highly overrated.GO BLACKCATS.
Apparently everyone on here is saying that Honaker is definitely out for this game. So, with Pikeville trying to break in a new quarterback, I will go with Prestonsburg by a TD.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
UnderArmour24 Wrote:unless Pikeville as some extra players out there in stripe shirts and hats. Pburg by 2 td's.
Pikeville couldn't get a call on their home field to save their life. I'm not saying they need it against P-burg. But it is well recorded that not one referee anywhere like Pikeville at all. This game will be a hard fought game. P-burg has a good team and Pikeville has a good team. Who knows who will play and who won't until Friday. If PIkeville does have to start a new QB then it will be Branham and he has plenty of experience with the first team to do well. He will have already been broken in by game time. As for my prediction I will take Pikeville for now.
Buc-a-roo Wrote:In the Belfry game then? Or practice?

I don't remember him getting hurt in the Belfry game.

From what a player told me it was in the Belfry game.
UnderArmour24 Wrote:Why do you keep bringing up the past 3 years. Thats history, and this game is this year. P-burg is alot better this year, with 2 great backs in Craynon and Setser and and very quick defense that is going to make it rough on Pikeville offense. So get all of the "no one on pikeville has lost to Prestonsburg" and "pikeville has handles prestonsburg with ease the past 3 years" out of your system because all of that will end friday unless Pikeville as some extra players out there in stripe shirts and hats. Pburg by 2 td's.

Again, my point is I don't buy it that Prestonsburg is great all of the sudden and Pikeville is no good. Again, we will see Friday. I fully expect Pikeville to win.
There's a lot of talk and conjucture about this game..but...bottom line is this...

Despite P-burg having a nice season....Pikeville will win this one. Especially in the 2nd half... It'll be a good game..but Pikeville wins 34-21
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:There's a lot of talk and conjucture about this game..but...bottom line is this...

Despite P-burg having a nice season....Pikeville will win this one. Especially in the 2nd half... It'll be a good game..but Pikeville wins 34-21

That's what everyone expected in the Beechwood game. Prestonsburg will hang with them in the first half, then Beechwood will blow them out. The Tigers were by far the biggest and strongest team they'll face all year and if they can't wear down the Blackcats, there is no way the Panthers will.
bigpun Wrote:Pikeville couldn't get a call on their home field to save their life. I'm not saying they need it against P-burg. But it is well recorded that not one referee anywhere like Pikeville at all. This game will be a hard fought game. P-burg has a good team and Pikeville has a good team. Who knows who will play and who won't until Friday. If PIkeville does have to start a new QB then it will be Branham and he has plenty of experience with the first team to do well. He will have already been broken in by game time. As for my prediction I will take Pikeville for now.

"Well-recorded"? What?

Please show me this extensive documentation, that proves your assertion that no referees anywhere like Pikeville. I would love to read some factual, unbiased confirmation that all the officials are indeed out to get the Panthers.

Can't wait, should make for some interesting reading. Big Grin
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
blackcat Wrote:That's what everyone expected in the Beechwood game. Prestonsburg will hang with them in the first half, then Beechwood will blow them out. The Tigers were by far the biggest and strongest team they'll face all year and if they can't wear down the Blackcats, there is no way the Panthers will.
And thats exactly what happened. Beechwood did win by 3 scores.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:And thats exactly what happened. Beechwood did win by 3 scores.

With their best player out.
jetpilot Wrote:Smile

Pikeville's starters were good enough to rush for 400 yards against P'burg last year at P'burg. Glad everyone has lost faith in Pikeville. Can't wait until Friday.

P'burg has beaten Betsy Layne, Lawrence Co., Morgan Co., Bath Co., and Paintsville. Woweee. Only scored 28 on Paintsville, who is horrible, and everyone thinks they will come into Pikeville and win by 4TDs. Too funny.

I think maybe 3 people predicted P-burg to win by 4 or more TD's, that's not everyone.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:And thats exactly what happened. Beechwood did win by 3 scores.

Did either of you go to the game, I think not. If you did, you would have realized that the score was actually 24-21 with 3 minutes left. I guess they just lasted until 3 minutes left in the game and then Beechwood wore them down. Wink haha. I'm done with this thread, it's getting rediculous. Good luck to both teams.
wow this is anther great game i'am going to go with the blackcats
good luck to both teams
Blake Branham is a good quarterback, even if he is a sophomore. He can get the job done for Pikeville this Friday
Prestonsburg: 21
Pikeville: 14
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
jetpilot Wrote:Smile

Pikeville's starters were good enough to rush for 400 yards against P'burg last year at P'burg. Glad everyone has lost faith in Pikeville. Can't wait until Friday.

P'burg has beaten Betsy Layne, Lawrence Co., Morgan Co., Bath Co., and Paintsville. Woweee. Only scored 28 on Paintsville, who is horrible, and everyone thinks they will come into Pikeville and win by 4TDs. Too funny.

you cant base a team on the way they performed in one game a whole year ago..there are so many things that can happen to a team in the offseason..and we only lost 22-6 last year so even if we did lose and give up 400 yards, we only allowed 3 touchdowns..
I see Pikeville here ... P-burg will have a tough pill to swallow this week
After readin what some of you have posted, I can't help but think that you have lost your minds, especially some of the Pburg fans. Lex Cath couldn't even shut down Pikeville's run game and you think cause you all gave Beechwood a good game that you are suddenly the best in the area. Pikeville is a good team with alot of experience. I see this bein the best game in mountains this weekend and could go either way. I doubt either team will win by more than a TD.
Redneck Wrote:After readin what some of you have posted, I can't help but think that you have lost your minds, especially some of the Pburg fans. Lex Cath couldn't even shut down Pikeville's run game and you think cause you all gave Beechwood a good game that you are suddenly the best in the area. Pikeville is a good team with alot of experience. I see this bein the best game in mountains this weekend and could go either way. I doubt either team will win by more than a TD.

The only reason why we "Pburg" fans think that we will win by more than one touchdown is because our boys showed emotion and heart in the past game against Beechwood and this is a game that Prestonsburg has been looking forward to all season. Not one player on that Prestonsburg squad has defeated Pikeville in there high school careers and I finally think this is there shot at doing it, and I think they will impressively.
More Cowbell Wrote:"Well-recorded"? What?

Please show me this extensive documentation, that proves your assertion that no referees anywhere like Pikeville. I would love to read some factual, unbiased confirmation that all the officials are indeed out to get the Panthers.

Can't wait, should make for some interesting reading. Big Grin
All you have to do is come to a home at Pikeville and you will see.
blackcat Wrote:Did either of you go to the game, I think not. If you did, you would have realized that the score was actually 24-21 with 3 minutes left. I guess they just lasted until 3 minutes left in the game and then Beechwood wore them down. Wink haha. I'm done with this thread, it's getting rediculous. Good luck to both teams.

You think = your wrong. He was at the game because he sat with me. It doesn't matter what the score was when you shut your mind off. The only that matters is the one at the end of the 4th quarter. That score was 38-21. Which is 2 TD's and a field goal (3 scores).
blackcat_student Wrote:The only reason why we "Pburg" fans think that we will win by more than one touchdown is because our boys showed emotion and heart in the past game against Beechwood and this is a game that Prestonsburg has been looking forward to all season. Not one player on that Prestonsburg squad has defeated Pikeville in there high school careers and I finally think this is there shot at doing it, and I think they will impressively.
I bet P-burgs coaching staff would be happy to know that they have been looking forward to a non district game all season.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I bet P-burgs coaching staff would be happy to know that they have been looking forward to a non district game all season.

Well I'm sure the players can look forward to this game, it may not mean anything but bragging rights, but I'm sure this game will get the Blackcats ready for the playoffs against good running teams. Plus, there is a bye after this game and after the bye is there last district game. So I don't think it would bother the coaches for there players to look forward to this game.
Prestonsburg
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
blackcat_student Wrote:The only reason why we "Pburg" fans think that we will win by more than one touchdown is because our boys showed emotion and heart in the past game against Beechwood and this is a game that Prestonsburg has been looking forward to all season. Not one player on that Prestonsburg squad has defeated Pikeville in there high school careers and I finally think this is there shot at doing it, and I think they will impressively.

Losing a game like Pburg did against Beechwood where they played with so much emotion and heart can break a teams spirits. I'm not sayin Pburg won't come out and play with that same emotion and heart, just sayin those heartbreakin losses like last week have been known to cause a let down.
blackcat Wrote:I think you would be suprised, I'm not saying they're better, but I would bet that Beechwood could play with both of those teams. I would love to see Prestonsburg and Belfry play this year.

Not the Beechwood team I saw at Prestonsburg on Sat. Belfry would hurt them up front on both sides of the ball.

And Pburg could have played Belfry this year if they had wanted. Belfry held on a long time hoping they would agree, but in the end, they wouldn't. It wouldn't be that close of a game anyway, much like last year, IMO.
p burg 24
p ville 14