Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rowan County 23 - Lawrence County 13
Final
Lawrence County has 4 minutes left to try to avoid possibly the worst exhibition of football in Louisa for years.Rowan County being maybe the weakest team on their schedule and they way they controlled the line of scrimmage, I wonder what this team does during practice.Offensive scheme is horrible.Quarterback has a super arm but cant seem to see but one receiver a play.No threat to run at all so Rowan County just layed back and with only 3 rushers still had LC's QB on the run all night.Even still I would say he had an average of 10 seconds a play to find a receiver.Never have I seen a team from Louisa play with so little emotion.Coaches and players really need to have a sit down and find out who really wants to play football.With alot of good players it falls back on the coaches but its the players who have to make plays.I hear Louisa fans talk about their backup QB being a really great QB.Why in the world after watching their starting QB make mistake after mistake dont they try the other kid?Dont worry about negative posts hurting this team.When you play that bad you better expect to hear it from a community who demands the best from their players and especially the coaches.The new offensive is a joke.I didnt talk to one person at the game tonight who was not just plain sick at their stomach having to watch the Dawgs on offense.Being positive is one thing but I will stick with being realistic.
Terrible red raider,,terrible brand of football.Hard to watch!!
Congrats Rowan County
Your telling me. I hate it for my cousin, he really works his butt off for the team. Hopefully they can use the Open week and work on alot of things.
All 4 teams in the district are 1-1. Which makes the 19th huge for all teams. LC plays Greenup and Boyd plays Rowan, winners get a first round home playoff game.
tomcatin Wrote:Lawrence County has 4 minutes left to try to avoid possibly the worst exhibition of football in Louisa for years.Rowan County being maybe the weakest team on their schedule and they way they controlled the line of scrimmage, I wonder what this team does during practice.Offensive scheme is horrible.Quarterback has a super arm but cant seem to see but one receiver a play.No threat to run at all so Rowan County just layed back and with only 3 rushers still had LC's QB on the run all night.Even still I would say he had an average of 10 seconds a play to find a receiver.Never have I seen a team from Louisa play with so little emotion.Coaches and players really need to have a sit down and find out who really wants to play football.With alot of good players it falls back on the coaches but its the players who have to make plays.I hear Louisa fans talk about their backup QB being a really great QB.Why in the world after watching their starting QB make mistake after mistake dont they try the other kid?Dont worry about negative posts hurting this team.When you play that bad you better expect to hear it from a community who demands the best from their players and especially the coaches.The new offensive is a joke.I didnt talk to one person at the game tonight who was not just plain sick at their stomach having to watch the Dawgs on offense.Being positive is one thing but I will stick with being realistic.

Excellent comment tomcatin'-the only word I can think of tonight is PITIFUL!!! Noone here in Lawrence wants to be honest about the real problems with the team. Not sure exactly what Coach Preece is afraid of but this offense isn't working-only he knows if it the kids or the plan itself. But until some adjustments are made, I'm figuring this is what we are going to continue to see the remainder of the season. The backup QB is a true freshman but , Boone is just a sophomore. I think what you must hear from the fans is why do they only try the backup at the end when its too late? Tonight, after not taking a varsity snap or making any throws to the varsity players, he got thrown in to throw some hail mary pass, cold turkey, and it was intercepted. I personally think that is an unfair position to put him in, even though I know thats part of the game. But, he certainly can't do any worse....
It was a very disappointing game in more ways than one. Bad enough that they aren't winning, but you have a bunch of idiot fans in the endzone heckling the QB and then the QB is cussing back at them. Pretty bad when the refs come over and tell the fans to quit yelling at their own players. Poor, poor sportsmanship. After the game, some of the parents were just sick at their stomachs at the poor showing. I thought we would come out and play a lot better than we did seeing as how its the last home game and Senior night to boot. My son is just a Freshman this year but I am starting to get really concerned for our program. Some changes need to be made but heck if I know what they are. Just very, very disappointing.
big win for rowan, sounded like a hard fought game
I tried to warn you. Rowan's line is great. Well #78 and #67
I dont know what changed the coaches mind we was moving the ball and then bam they get out of they offense were running and go back to what wasnt working..i dont understand....special teams hurt by leting a Td on the kick off return...mistakes like that you cant have....i have never seen a Lawrence Co. team give up so fast..
Lawrence Co can't afford to lose to Greenup
Who they play next?
Greenup Co
They should get a W
RedRaiderNation Wrote:All 4 teams in the district are 1-1. Which makes the 19th huge for all teams. LC plays Greenup and Boyd plays Rowan, winners get a first round home playoff game.
Playoffs!!!..haha......with the way we played tonight that would be just a waste of time...
tomcatin Wrote:Lawrence County has 4 minutes left to try to avoid possibly the worst exhibition of football in Louisa for years.Rowan County being maybe the weakest team on their schedule and they way they controlled the line of scrimmage, I wonder what this team does during practice.Offensive scheme is horrible.Quarterback has a super arm but cant seem to see but one receiver a play.No threat to run at all so Rowan County just layed back and with only 3 rushers still had LC's QB on the run all night.Even still I would say he had an average of 10 seconds a play to find a receiver.Never have I seen a team from Louisa play with so little emotion.Coaches and players really need to have a sit down and find out who really wants to play football.With alot of good players it falls back on the coaches but its the players who have to make plays.I hear Louisa fans talk about their backup QB being a really great QB.Why in the world after watching their starting QB make mistake after mistake dont they try the other kid?Dont worry about negative posts hurting this team.When you play that bad you better expect to hear it from a community who demands the best from their players and especially the coaches.The new offensive is a joke.I didnt talk to one person at the game tonight who was not just plain sick at their stomach having to watch the Dawgs on offense.Being positive is one thing but I will stick with being realistic.
Tonights game was horrible. BUT, I sure dont blame Coach Preece on the offense side. He teaches the boys what they need to do, he gives them the plays.. and what they do from there is out of his hands! I know he has good ideas.. but, he can only do so much!

& the backup QB is great. They definetely need to start putting him in more, instea of waiting until the end of the game. He could do big things right from the beginning!
lpd826 Wrote:Playoffs!!!..haha......with the way we played tonight that would be just a waste of time...
Despite the fact that we lost, doesnt mean we cant win the rest of the games! Dont start downing the boys!
This game surprised me, I thought that LC would win, hopefully the dawgs can straighten out the problems in time for the next game.
What is going on at Lawrence?
Don Carlo Wrote:What is going on at Lawrence?
LC moved the ball pretty good but just couldn't get in the endzone when they needed to . As for you question = Way to many mistakes on LC part snaps going over the punters head 2 or 3 time gave up the big play right after taking the lead for the first time the same kid is still jumping offsides on the O'side of the ball he's has about 2 or 3 a game all season. Just to many fundtal mental mistakes alot of miss takles and holding pentalty these are the things that kills momentum . But hey it's not over by a long shot if LC beats greenup then the seniors get to have another home game so keep your heads up guys the district tittle is still
available and in reach good luck next time out .
These "self-inflicted" mistakes kill us every game...
The boys need to find it within themselves to play hard every down.We have safety's who go several plays sometimes and never make contact.I mean gee whiz, when was the last time we saw a safety blitz.If were going to throw the ball we need to throw it north and south not east and west.Even on our kickoffs were trying to run a reverse which is not something we should be doing.We need to run north and south.We need to get our snaps to qb alot better.there was fifty high snaps last night.I look for a complete coahing staff change except for Sammons and the young man who coaches the freshman.
Congrats Rowan! Keep workin hard LC..
tomcatin Wrote:The boys need to find it within themselves to play hard every down.We have safety's who go several plays sometimes and never make contact.I mean gee whiz, when was the last time we saw a safety blitz.If were going to throw the ball we need to throw it north and south not east and west.Even on our kickoffs were trying to run a reverse which is not something we should be doing.We need to run north and south.We need to get our snaps to qb alot better.there was fifty high snaps last night.I look for a complete coahing staff change except for Sammons and the young man who coaches the freshman.

Don't know about a complete change but possibly some???? And possibly getting rid of some of the "extras" that hang around the sidelines trying to relive the "glory days" of their own youths!! One guy there is treated like some kind of football god around here but eveyone seems to forget he left LC and went to another shcool to play ball and graduate??? I have never figured that one out??
Anyway, the coach for the freshman is Caudill and he's a heck of a guy.
Congrats Rowan County.
lcdawgsfan101 Wrote:Tonights game was horrible. BUT, I sure dont blame Coach Preece on the offense side. He teaches the boys what they need to do, he gives them the plays.. and what they do from there is out of his hands! I know he has good ideas.. but, he can only do so much!

& the backup QB is great. They definetely need to start putting him in more, instea of waiting until the end of the game. He could do big things right from the beginning!

Maybe Coach Preece lacks the ability to teach his offense to our players.I dont blame him for all their problems on offense,,just the offensive scheme he is trying to run.He was a defensive back here, maybe he should be over the DB's instead of over our whole offense.Our defense got owned on a few series last night when Rowan had the ball over 8 or 9 minutes on two drives and please dont anyone try to tell me Rowan is very strong because they are not!!Your right about Preece doesnt make the throws or catch the passes.Lawrence County runs way too many pass plays where the receivers are way too deep.Lawrence counties quarterback has an eternity to get his passes off.He better learn real quick to get rid of the football.Getting sacked after having 10 to 12 seconds to throw it and still get sacked is not the coaches fault.The bench is what a QB usually gets when he lets that happen .No excuse for that.This team will do nothing in the playoffs and with our very unrespectable district where all teams go to the playoffs, our district is the worst in the state.Better really hit the weights and make tee shirts up for next year that says BACK TO THE BASICS and scrap this offense that we have not even came close to being a threat to anyone.All positions should be wide open next year and if a player can play both ways then dont be afraid to use him.If they dont make a change with the coaches it will be worse next year not better!!
Lawrence County practices lack hitting because they are afraid of getting people hurt?Is this true.The way they start each game that sounds like a team that isnt used to getting hit.Takes a quarter and a half to wake up and then they are tired after that.Team is not in good shape.HOW DID THINGS GET SO BAD IN lOUISA?
ruppct1 Wrote:tomcatin if you know so much about what would help this team, instead of being an idiot with low sportsmanship just why dont you apply for the head coaches job???
Low Sportsmanship.If your referring to the idiots hollering at the players I never would do that.As far as being an idiot,it dont take a genius to see how bad our football team is.Do we have talented players?Yes we do!!!You one of these glass house fans that cant take hearing the truth about your team.Ever wonder what makes Kentucky's basketball program great.Fans have zero tolerance for losing.Lawrence fans are not that bad but when you play bad for a very long period of time you better be able to handle the not so positive talk that is coming.Calling other people names sure aint the way,, but thats all you offer.read the other posts,,im not the only one and if you were at the game last night i bet you pouted hearing everyone gripping.Your getting personel.This is not a personel subject this is a team subject.Pm me and I will give you a complete rundown of exactly how I would run that team.
Dawg@heart Wrote:Don't know about a complete change but possibly some???? And possibly getting rid of some of the "extras" that hang around the sidelines trying to relive the "glory days" of their own youths!! One guy there is treated like some kind of football god around here but eveyone seems to forget he left LC and went to another shcool to play ball and graduate??? I have never figured that one out??
Anyway, the coach for the freshman is Caudill and he's a heck of a guy.

Originally Posted by tomcatin [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/IHX...ewpost.gif]
The boys need to find it within themselves to play hard every down.We have safety's who go several plays sometimes and never make contact.I mean gee whiz, when was the last time we saw a safety blitz.If were going to throw the ball we need to throw it north and south not east and west.Even on our kickoffs were trying to run a reverse which is not something we should be doing.We need to run north and south.We need to get our snaps to qb alot better.there was fifty high snaps last night.I look for a complete coahing staff change except for Sammons and the young man who coaches the freshman.

Dawg@ heart and tomcatin I would have to agree with you both there needs to be some changes: what changes I don't know; I have watched alot of these kids come though the youth program and have seen what they can do; I have seen Sammons and Caudill coaching the eighth grage teams to the JV's and have seen them motovate this same kids. and they in joy playing for both of these coaches;