Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley VS Belfry
Whats everyones thoughts on this one???
Belfry will once again pick the margin of victory but I'll say 49-12.
Belfry
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This will be the game for Valley to prove if they have gotten any better. IMO Belfry will win this game, but I am for the Wildcats so I'm going to say...Belfry-42 @ Valley-21 since Valley has the home field advantage.
Belfry 56-12
Belfry-49
Valley-14
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Everyone knows Valley will not win this game, but do you think they will keep it any closer than East Ridge was able to (53-6)? I think it might be a little better...

Belfry 49
Valley 18
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Valley will play Belfry much better than ER/LC IMO... this is the best Valley team since the year they went 9-2 with Dusty hall and Casey Newsome.

That being said, I still can't see SV scoring on this Belfry defense. They will keep it closer than the other teams by limiting the big play and being better defensively. If Belfry doesn't show SV respect the Wildcats will make it closer than I predict, this is a huge game for SV, and a good opportunity for Belfry's starters to see 4 quarters of action.

Belfry 31
SV 0
I agree with that.

If Belfry is able to get a big enough lead and ths subs come in, I think Valley scores a couple of TD's.....This will be a good test for Belfry on the road.

Belfry's D will be too much for the Cats
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Shelby Valley is good, but Belfry is at least four touchdowns better. The Pirates are hot right now and I don't think the wildcats will calm them down.

Belfry- 49
Shelby Valley- 08
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Valley will play Belfry much better than ER/LC IMO... this is the best Valley team since the year they went 9-2 with Dusty hall and Casey Newsome.

That being said, I still can't see SV scoring on this Belfry defense. They will keep it closer than the other teams by limiting the big play and being better defensively. If Belfry doesn't show SV respect the Wildcats will make it closer than I predict, this is a huge game for SV, and a good opportunity for Belfry's starters to see 4 quarters of action.

Belfry 31
SV 0

Why do you say that? If this is such a good Shelby Valley team, then why would they be unable to score when East Ridge even got a touchdown tonight? I would think that Valley could at least equal the Warriors' offensive production...

Incidentally, I actually predicted the same margin of victory as you, 31 points, but I had each team scoring 18 more points.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
No team has scored on our starting defenseive unit. I don't think I have ever saw a more multi-dimensional Belfry squad than this one.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Why do you say that? If this is such a good Shelby Valley team, then why would they be unable to score when East Ridge even got a touchdown tonight? I would think that Valley could at least equal the Warriors' offensive production...

Incidentally, I actually predicted the same margin of victory as you, 31 points, but I had each team scoring 18 more points.

ER's only score came on Belfry's JV squad...not against the starters...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BelfryPride Wrote:ER's only score came on Belfry's JV squad...not against the starters...

Do you think Haywood will leave his starters in the entire game, even if it's a blowout? I guess he might, if he has a bone to pick with Saunders... Smile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Do you think Haywood will leave his starters in the entire game, even if it's a blowout? I guess he might, if he has a bone to pick with Saunders... Smile

Evidently you don't know who Haywood really is then. He has never ran up the score on any team....You think we could not have scored more than 53 pts. ??? Get serious...we could have named the score, but he has too much class to do that.

I have saw many years we could score 80+ points on Valley, Magoffin, ER, PCC and Betsy Layne, but instead we call off the dogs and out the jv in against the opposing teams starters many times before 3 minutes into the 3rd. Quarter.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Why do you say that? If this is such a good Shelby Valley team, then why would they be unable to score when East Ridge even got a touchdown tonight? I would think that Valley could at least equal the Warriors' offensive production...

SV won't score on the Belfry 1st string IMO (matter of fact only 3 teams have a chance to score on belfry's varsity in the regular season)... no team has so far. BUT, I think SV won't be down 51-0 or 45-0 at the half like LC and ER.... I see maybe a 21-0 Belfry lead at the half, and the Pirates tack on another 10 points in the 3rd and in the 4th you see some Pirate subs but not subbing down to the freshman team like the past couple weaks.

There is a huge difference in losing by 31 points when the varsity is pulled at halftime, and losing by 31 when the varsity is pulled in the 4th quarter
I think this thread will be a very active one this week...

It will be watched very closely by the staff.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BelfryPride Wrote:Evidently you don't know who Haywood really is then. He has never ran up the score on any team....You think we could not have scored more than 53 pts. ??? Get serious...we could have named the score, but he has too much class to do that.

I have saw many years we could score 80+ points on Valley, Magoffin, ER, PCC and Betsy Layne, but instead we call off the dogs and out the jv in against the opposing teams starters many times before 3 minutes into the 3rd. Quarter.

Dude, calm down. Read my post again, I was not insinuating that Haywood would try to run up the score. I know he has more class than that. My comment about having a bone to pick with Saunders was a joke.

You missed the point I was trying to make. I also believe Haywood will sub in his JV when the score gets out of hand, which is exactly why I predict Valley will be able to score 18 points in this one.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I don't see the score actually geting out of hand though unless the Cats forget to show up, but I may be wrong...Valley is much improved and it is at their house.

We really need a game to get our starters some PT late in the game though. We have a few games this year that will more than likely require all starters in for all 4 quarters.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BelfryPride Wrote:I don't see the score actually geting out of hand though unless the Cats forget to show up, but I may be wrong...Valley is much improved and it is at their house.

We really need a game to get our starters some PT late in the game though. We have a few games this year that will more than likely require all starters in for all 4 quarters.

I guess I just don't have a lot of faith that Valley will be able to keep it from getting out of hand. Lawrence County was getting torched at the half, and they are usually a much stronger team than Valley. They may be improved, and I think they play Belfry tougher than East Ridge or Pike Central, but still nowhere near good enough.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Well, you can't build a championship program overnight. It took Belfry over 80 years to win a State Title. Not to say that Belfry was not good..We were the Runner-ups in 1979, 1985 & 1986. But it takes alot of perseverance, pateince and teamwork to have a tradition rich and successful program.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Belfry-56
Valley-14
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Belfry by 3 TD's.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I am picking Belfry -44
S.V.-14
Belfry by at least 2 tds.
Well, I'm glad Valley is getting some respect on this thread. Thanks to all of you! I agree that the Wildcats probably will not win, but it's nice to see their hard work pay off with recognition that the Pirates won't absolutley plunder TECO field. This will be one exciting game - better get there early - there was hardly any parking last night and Knott County only brought a handful of fans. I got there 15 min. early and had to hunt for a spot over close to the school.

And you know, anything can happen on any given Friday night. :football: Go Cats!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:SV won't score on the Belfry 1st string IMO (matter of fact only 3 teams have a chance to score on belfry's varsity in the regular season)... no team has so far. BUT, I think SV won't be down 51-0 or 45-0 at the half like LC and ER.... I see maybe a 21-0 Belfry lead at the half, and the Pirates tack on another 10 points in the 3rd and in the 4th you see some Pirate subs but not subbing down to the freshman team like the past couple weaks.

There is a huge difference in losing by 31 points when the varsity is pulled at halftime, and losing by 31 when the varsity is pulled in the 4th quarter

Didn't they last year? And this year people are saying Valley is a lot better.
Should be a good game to watch. This game will show how much SV has improved. You Dont wanna miss this. But still in the end I see the score going to belfry
Belfry-38
Shelby Valley-12
Belfry 49
Shelby Valley 8
Valley does appear to be much improved from last year, but it still may not make much of a difference against a team like Belfry. Still, I wish them the best of luck.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]