Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most Underrated & Overrated team
Who is the most underrated and overrated teams?

Underrated- Prestonsburg

Overrated- Sheldon Clark
blackcat_student Wrote:Who is the most underrated and overrated teams?

Underrated- Prestonsburg

Overrated- Sheldon Clark

I don't see why you think SC is over rated we are proving ourselves every week and we will continue to prove ourselves.
Cards09 Wrote:I don't see why you think SC is over rated we are proving ourselves every week and we will continue to prove ourselves.

Its just my opinion. I have nothing against Sheldon Clark, but thats just what I think.
Underrated- Sheldon Clark

Overrated- Belfry
Underated - Prestonsburg
Overrated - Pikeville, Still have a lot to prove I think that people see scores from two down teams and rate them higher than what they should be as of now.
Cards09 Wrote:Underrated- Sheldon Clark

Overrated- Belfry

Everyone has thier opinion, even though both teams are 2-0, Belfry has played the tougher schedule, and has the tougher schedule. Also Belfry has the better defense.

Overrated- Belfry

haha.. thats funny.. i hear everyone talking about Sheldon Clark being so good, so if they are still underrated then they must be something special.. lol I will be dissapointed if they win anything less than a state championship..

No one mention Belfry being anything great.. They are average in my opinion..
underrated- LCC

Overrated- sheldon clark
mrfootball03 Wrote:haha.. thats funny.. i hear everyone talking about Sheldon Clark being so good, so if they are still underrated then they must be something special.. lol I will be dissapointed if they win anything less than a state championship..

No one mention Belfry being anything great.. They are average in my opinion..

That's why they play them on the field I guess.... although I will help your information by telling you that LC's Coach Goldsmith said in the Williamson Daily News "That's one of the best defenses in the entire state" and when asked to describe the game he said "in two words, shell shocked". He never said Belfry was great, but those are soem pretty positive remarks.
Last time I checked average teams finish 2nd or 3rd in their district every year for the past 5 years, average teams haven't been to the state semi-finals in 7 years, average teams go something like 2-5 against Belfry in their last seven games..... now which team between Belfry and Sheldon Clark is average?
underrated- LCC
overrated- Belfry

LCC may only play 3 teams with a winning record from last year but are very capable at going 8-2 maybe even 9-1 if they get their heads out of a hole in the ground. i think the hazard game in week 1 is still n their heads
This thread is being watched closely. We need to keep it on track.
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
Well with all the talk about Belfry being overrated who would you say will get the deepest in the play offs from that geographical area?
How can you possibly say that belfry is overrated? They have destroyed two quality football teams.. and that is just taht.. The ONLY game that is even going to be a challenge is JC, which will be more than just a challenge... Maybe the best game in the mountains all year.. Belfry has been and still is the most dominant team in the mountains..
3SportStud Wrote:How can you possibly say that belfry is overrated? They have destroyed two quality football teams.. and that is just taht.. The ONLY game that is even going to be a challenge is JC, which will be more than just a challenge... Maybe the best game in the mountains all year.. Belfry has been and still is the most dominant team in the mountains..
Pretty rediculous statement - I give Pikeville a very good chance of bringing Belfry down from their high horse. 50/50 game vs Pikeville and I see JC beating you all.
Underrated- Prestonsburg

Overrated- Sheldon Clark

Overrated- Belfry

haha are you serious? i watched the corbin/ belfry game on t.v. and belfry is underated if anything..some people are even talking that belfry is better than they have ever been
How can you say Prestonsburg is underrated when they are 7th in the state in the polls?
EASports12 Wrote:Pretty rediculous statement - I give Pikeville a very good chance of bringing Belfry down from their high horse. 50/50 game vs Pikeville and I see JC beating you all.

Belfry is not on a high horse, they are just doing what they do best and thats take care of what they need to. Belfry plays with emotion and does it in a way that it is productive, not counter productive (see Pikeville) If you think they are overrated or underrated thats your opinion, the games are played on the field and all I know is that 2 state championships, and 2 state semi-final appearances in the past 4 years, doesn't mean they are on a high horse, it means they are successful. Period.
Underrated-Prestonsburg
In this area Underated- I can buy into P'burg, SC if they learn to play defense on the pass.
Overated - Hazard......Watched them scrimage Belfry, was very unimpressed.
Belfry Wins Wrote:In this area Underated- I can buy into P'burg, SC if they learn to play defense on the pass.
Overated - Hazard......Watched them scrimage Belfry, was very unimpressed.

That was a scrimmage against a very good belfry team...i doubt we will ever meet a team as good as that in 1a. But, then again...Thats why we are 2-0 against 5a schools, as well as top 10 in mountains and ap polls....lol But newayz idc....never have to play belfry newayz...
A Decent Lineman Wrote:That was a scrimmage against a very good belfry team...i doubt we will ever meet a team as good as that in 1a. But, then again...Thats why we are 2-0 against 5a schools, as well as top 10 in mountains and ap polls....lol But newayz idc....never have to play belfry newayz...
I'm just going by what I saw, its really hard to tell right now, I just know its not often Belfry pulls out a good scrimage, and they looked real bad there to.
EASports12 Wrote:Pretty rediculous statement - I give Pikeville a very good chance of bringing Belfry down from their high horse. 50/50 game vs Pikeville and I see JC beating you all.

I don't think it's that ridiculous a statement to make. I am not from Belfry and have no ties to them, but I will say that they have much better than a 50/50 shot to beat Pikeville. Beating Ashland and Holy Cross are not the same as hanging with possibly the best team in the mountains (between them and JC). Don't get me wrong, the Panthers are a strong team and would beat most area teams handily, but Belfry is a different story...
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
EKUAlum05 Wrote:That's why they play them on the field I guess.... although I will help your information by telling you that LC's Coach Goldsmith said in the Williamson Daily News "That's one of the best defenses in the entire state" and when asked to describe the game he said "in two words, shell shocked". He never said Belfry was great, but those are soem pretty positive remarks.
Last time I checked average teams finish 2nd or 3rd in their district every year for the past 5 years, average teams haven't been to the state semi-finals in 7 years, average teams go something like 2-5 against Belfry in their last seven games..... now which team between Belfry and Sheldon Clark is average?

I SAID.. Average, meaning this is an average Belfry team. Someone just made a remark that they think this may be the best team out of Belfry in a long time. Team wise maybe. But mainly, they don't have the "next level big time play makers" like they had in 03 & 04. May & Lee are really good backs, but lets not be crazy, they arn't Doug Howard nor David Jones. Thats what pushed the 03 & 04 teams over the edge from just an average Belfry team to one of the best Belfry teams. Don't get me wrong, average for Belfry is still really good. But I don't see Belfry winning a championship this year either.. Although I would love to be proved wrong, I just don't see it.
Overrated-Ashland
Underrated- Hazard
This ISN'T based on any rankings, just from what people in the area talk about, brawl about in bars about, etc, lol...I have nothing against Ashland at all, but losing two games they were favored to win, at home, puts them in an awkward spot. Hazard beat a good LCC team and a very good Clay County team..and very well could run the tables in the district..
Overrated-Middlesboro
Underrated-Evarts(for lack of any other underrated because I'm not putting P-Burg as Underrated)
I'll have to agree with alot of people on this post. Prestonsburg is always underrated and Shelton Clark is way overrated this year.
I dont see how anyone can say that Belfry is overrated in any way. They beat a really good Corbin team the first week and then beat Lawrence Co last week. Sure, LC isnt as good as they used to be in the past, but they are still a pretty decent team and will play everyone they play as hard as they possibly can. Belfry is always good and they can back it up. I cant wait to see them play and hopefully beat JC. I agree with whoever said that game could be game of the year.
More Cowbell Wrote:I don't think it's that ridiculous a statement to make. I am not from Belfry and have no ties to them, but I will say that they have much better than a 50/50 shot to beat Pikeville. Beating Ashland and Holy Cross are not the same as hanging with possibly the best team in the mountains (between them and JC). Don't get me wrong, the Panthers are a strong team and would beat most area teams handily, but Belfry is a different story...
I'm not disagreeing with you, but what percentages would you give in that matchups all things being the same as they are now?
Underrated - Prestonsburg, Belfry
Overrated - Sheldon Clark, Hazard