Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
56th District Tournament
The games are set and were almost into the part of the season that matters most.

Lee vs. Owsley (monday) @Lee
Powell vs. Estill (tuesday) @Lee

i take Lee in a blowout 12-0 on monday, and Powell 4-3 in a see saw battle...should be a great game.

Lets hear some predictions:letsparty
Powell and Lee in the final game... a close one...but with the heart and skill that powell has.. i say another district title.. good luck pirates!!!
Lee 13-1 in the first game. Powell 5-3 in the second game. Powell 6-2 in the championship for their 5th straight district title.
im suprised no one has estill in this game...theres a lot of support for the pirates
it will be a close game but the 2nd game of estill/powell @ estill , the engineers defeated the pirates wtih an awesome come back.
i take estill. If they wanted it that bad during a regular season game, they will want it 10x more during district tourny.
my 1st prediction was Powell just bc Benningfield was on the mound, but ive had 2nd thought, ill take Estill 6-4
If Freeman, a sophomore, can command his nerves
and throw all his pitches for strikes, Estill
will win this game and end Powell's streak of
district titles. However, if Freeman gets
behind in a lot of counts, Powell will knock
him around some and win the game. I think the
key is Freeman, not Powell's pitching, which
will be pretty good regardless.
10 - 6 Estill
tough game.
bottom of the 7th score tied 6-6
bases loaded
sewell up to bat (7th)
grand slam...
estill won the game!
big congrats to the engineers and a big pat on the back 2 powell 4 a well played game & season
Great game to watch. Freeman had 12 K's and threw well, appeared to get tired in the 6th and especially in the 7th. Benningfield threw well early then got hit pretty hard from the 4th on. Sewell's walk off slam in the 7th was pretty exciting. Gongrats to the Pirates for a great year and to the Engineers for a great win