Poll: Do you think this play should be put on.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes there is nothing wrong with it.
27.27%
No its insulting to the community and the persons involved
27.27%
I dont care what they do.
45.45%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prison Riot Play Stirs Controversy
PORTSMOUTH, Ohio (AP) - One of the nation's deadliest prison riots is being relived on stage.
"Lucasville: The Untold Story of a Prison Uprising" opens Wednesday night in Portsmouth -- just miles from the Southern Ohio Correctional Facility on 14th anniversary of when the eleven-day revolt .
The play questions the convictions of five inmates involved in the siege.
if Critics say the timing and opening-night location are insulting.
The two-hour drama begins in the prison during the riots and ends in the courtrooms, where five men were sent to death row for the killings of a guard and nine inmates.
The American Civil Liberties Union will present the play in seven cities this month, including Cleveland and Columbus.

http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/6976937.html

Ok lets here everyones views on this issue. Do you think that this play should go on or do you think that it does insult the community and persons that were involved.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
The A.C.L.U. Can Kiss My A$$!!!!!!!!!!

Every off duty C.O., Police Officer, Fire Fighter and their family should be there with picket signs held high!
God knows, if given the chance the A.C.L.U., sure as Hell would!!!!!!
no it shouldnt go on. Anything the ACLU supports should automatically tell you that its wrong. And Id rot in hell before Id support anything that the Anti Christ Liberators Union puts on. This doesnt surprise me at all though. Anytime they can celebrate the death of policemen, corrections officers, firemen, or any law abiding citizen that stands for whats right about this country, they are going to go global with it. The ACLU are nothing but a hate group against decency, a supporter for terrorists, criminals and anything pertaining to garbage. That is one "organization" that needs to be done away with. At ALL costs.
I would like to read about the riot itself but I think that the play is exploding the families and friends of those who were killed. I understand that most movies, books, shows, etc. portray this daily but I just have a bad feeling about this one.

We talked to a man who was involved the riot last year at the Jailers Conference... his stories were unreal... I couldn't image going through something like that
But I think the people involved (not the imates) should decide if the play should be put on... if they're okay with it then yeah... but if they don't like the idea then I don't think it should happen
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
thetribe Wrote:I would like to read about the riot itself but I think that the play is exploding the families and friends of those who were killed. I understand that most movies, books, shows, etc. portray this daily but I just have a bad feeling about this one.

THIS IS A DISGRACE TO THE CORRECTIONAL OFFICERS AND THEIR FAMILIES BY ALL MEANS..THIS WAS A TERRIBLE TIME FOR THE FAMILIES DURING THIS HOSTILE TAKEOVER AT LUCASVILLE.
MY FAMILY FOR ONE EXPERIENCED THIS FIRST HAND..
MY BROTHER WAS ONE OF THE CORRECTIONAL OFFICERS HELD FOR THOSE ELEVEN DAYS.HE ALONG WITH TWO OTHERS COULD NOT BE ACCOUNTED FOR BY THE STATE OFFICIALS AND NOGOTIATORS FOR THE FIRST THREE DAYS OF THE RIOT.
MY FAMILY FOR ONE DOES NOT WANT TO SEE THIS PLAY.THE MEMORIES AND EMOTIONS IS STILL TOO STRONG.
TO RELIVE IT IS UNIMAGINABLE FOR ALL FAMILIES INVOLVED.
EXSPECIALLY TO THE VALLANDINGHAM FAMILY WHO LOST A SON..A BROTHER...HUSBAND AND FATHER.
A BOOK WRITTEN TEN YEARS AFTER THE RIOT..
SIEGE IN LUCASVILLE ..WRITTEN BY GARY WILLIAMS..THE 11 DAY SAGA OF HOSTAGE LARRY DOTSON
there is NO PITY here for those five inmates along with the other 15,000 . their trials were an insult to the correctional officers and families involved.
I have a neighbor who's brother was involved in it as well. I think he was one of the guards that was killed.
I'm really sorry to hear that sue. That is the same reason that I wouldn't want the play to go on. If you could provide me with some more information about your brother's book then I would really appreciate it.

Is the play historically accurate? If it is I think everyone in Ohio should see the play. If not then who cares.
thetribe Wrote:I'm really sorry to hear that sue. That is the same reason that I wouldn't want the play to go on. If you could provide me with some more information about your brother's book then I would really appreciate it.

have sent you the infomation tribe ..let me know if you have trouble locating the book
i might have a connection or twoWink to locate one ..