Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 59 - Magoffin Co. 51
Congrats to Pikeville and Coach Williams.

Hope to see you guys in the finals, preferably against Belfry, but either way I'd like to see an all Pike County 15th Region Championship game.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Look at the fouls in the game. Pikeville had two starters to foul out and two others with 4 also. The difference is, Pikeville played fewer players than Magoffin County. Pikeville played 7 players, well, 8 if you count the one that played for about 4 seconds. So wouldnt Pikeville have had to play even more careful than Magoffin?

You're missing my point. I am not taking anything away from Pikeville, they outplayed us last night. I was reffering to a post that said Coach West was outcoached. If a team loses, then the coach got out coached. My point is that the coach of any team is always the scape goat and never gets the credit they deserve. Yes Pikeville had to be careful as well, but if recollection serves me correct, when Magoffin took the lead in the 4th, they were in foul trouble. More so than Pikeville was. A coach prepares for games in practice. I am very pleased with the way Coach West prepared his team this season and I am very proud of the fine young men that played so vailantly for Magoffin. It just wasn't our night. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK COACH. You don't deserve comments like this from the NEST.
it was a good game.. i twas there
Hoopla Wrote:You're missing my point. I am not taking anything away from Pikeville, they outplayed us last night. I was reffering to a post that said Coach West was outcoached. If a team loses, then the coach got out coached. My point is that the coach of any team is always the scape goat and never gets the credit they deserve. Yes Pikeville had to be careful as well, but if recollection serves me correct, when Magoffin took the lead in the 4th, they were in foul trouble. More so than Pikeville was. A coach prepares for games in practice. I am very pleased with the way Coach West prepared his team this season and I am very proud of the fine young men that played so vailantly for Magoffin. It just wasn't our night. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK COACH. You don't deserve comments like this from the NEST.

So true!! Coach West Has done an excellent job . Only his 3rd season and he wins a district title, only 3rd one in school history, on Paintsvilles floor!!! Keep it up coach West and good luck next year!!!!!!!
magoffin03-31 Wrote:id like to see your game with a temp of 101, i-heart-the-15th region

well there is my answer. I didnt know that he was SICK! i knew he wasn't in the game and there was why.....unless i was a family member or going to high school how would I have known Eric had 101 tempature. it wasnt his normal game and i noticed. you should be glad someone noticed he has wasnt playing to his potential and spoke up intstead of sayin that eric isnt a good play. Sorry if I offended you Jason...:thumpsup:
I-heart-the-15th-Region! Wrote:well there is my answer. I didnt know that he was SICK! i knew he wasn't in the game and there was why.....unless i was a family member or going to high school how would I have known Eric had 101 tempature. it wasnt his normal game and i noticed. you should be glad someone noticed he has wasnt playing to his potential and spoke up intstead of sayin that eric isnt a good play. Sorry if I offended you Jason...:thumpsup:
I noticed the girls were there last night. I hope they didn't ride the bus with the boys. Eric had an IV in his arm half the day yesterday and Devin was going to the doctor also. I hope someone was smart enough to keep the girls away. Pikeville has a good team. I hope either them or AC finish it off.
yeah i hope the girls stayed away also, because your body is just so weak.. i dont know how eric played as long as he did.....
I-heart-the-15th-Region! Wrote:yeah i hope the girls stayed away also, because your body is just so weak.. i dont know how eric played as long as he did.....

I say that Eric is feeling the effects of playing that much right about now. You can tell he didn't play as hard and he made it through a lot of the game without fouling.
Tubby Hater Wrote:Dont be surpsrised if AC brings the biggest crowd. Just hope the rednecks leave their Rebel flags at home
Well before this a could have cared less about who won this game, but now I hope AC beats the hell out of Pikeville.
Good effort by the Hornets. Congrats to Pikeville on the win. Magoffin missed free throws and that killed them. The excuse of being sick can be a key, but in all honesty good tough players play through it and dont make excuses for it. Seems like everytime Magoffin loses they have an excuse for it, whether it be the refs, injuries, sickness, etc. Quit making excuses and just accept that u lost the game. I want to know who the parent almost got put out of the game. I heard it on the radio and was curious about who it was and why.
UKGIRL20 Wrote:Good effort by the Hornets. Congrats to Pikeville on the win. Magoffin missed free throws and that killed them. The excuse of being sick can be a key, but in all honesty good tough players play through it and dont make excuses for it. Seems like everytime Magoffin loses they have an excuse for it, whether it be the refs, injuries, sickness, etc. Quit making excuses and just accept that u lost the game. I want to know who the parent almost got put out of the game. I heard it on the radio and was curious about who it was and why.
I don't recall any players making excuses.
Tubby Hater Wrote:Dont be surpsrised if AC brings the biggest crowd. Just hope the rednecks leave their Rebel flags at home

I wouldnt count on them leavin their rebel flags at home.
Ive already noticed 10 or 20 the 1st night they played
Sorry that was me that said that, dont take it out on UKGIRL, i accidentally posted in her name. But I never said it was the players making excuses, its the magoffin fans. Probably the some of the best and craziest fans I ever saw. Not all of them, just some of them. I was at the girls game tuesday night and I sat on magoffins side and there were people yelling and saying the dumbest stuff I have ever heard. I know they were probably still in high school but thats no excuse, makes u wonder about their parents. One thing that doesnt really have anything to do with this game, but really al lthe games I have been to at the Expo Center and every where else, no one ever sits still. Its mostly the younger kids, but I have seen adults do it too. They go back and forth all night long and then stand right in front of you like ur not even sitting there watching a game. It drives me nuts. If you are going to go to a game, at least sit and watch the thing. If u go and dont watch the game, at least have the courtesy to move out of someone's way who is actually trying to watch the game. I experience it more at Hornet home games than anywhere else, dont parents care or even know what their kids are doing at games. Most of the time the kids just go to get out of the house. I may be ranting but when I go to a game, I want to watch the game, not a bunch of kids or adults standing in my way or going back and forth. For Christ's Sake, sit down for once.
rednecks? I hope AC beats the crap out of P-Ville.
UKGIRL20 Wrote:Good effort by the Hornets. Congrats to Pikeville on the win. Magoffin missed free throws and that killed them. The excuse of being sick can be a key, but in all honesty good tough players play through it and dont make excuses for it. Seems like everytime Magoffin loses they have an excuse for it, whether it be the refs, injuries, sickness, etc. Quit making excuses and just accept that u lost the game. I want to know who the parent almost got put out of the game. I heard it on the radio and was curious about who it was and why.

First of all,
Eric is a buddy of mine that i go to school with and i never heard any ecuses from anyone.Yes he was very sick.You could tell because he was pale as a ghost and its was noticable when he was at the other end of the court
But at any time did he complain? NO!!!!
Get your facts right before you start bad mouthing any of our players
Baller3 Wrote:rednecks? I hope AC beats the crap out of P-Ville.

I don't think TH is a Pikeville fan... but that was a little out of hand to call them rednecks.
Cool it with the Redneck, rebel flag, wal-mart, Magoffin Co., Allen Central jokes.

Stick to the game or this is closed.

The only time you post is when Magoffin gets beat. Did one of these players take your girlfriend????? Its like you HATE us!!! Has to be more to it. Or you never got to play in high school maybe? I feel sorry for you really.
SportsFan80 Wrote:Sorry that was me that said that, dont take it out on UKGIRL, i accidentally posted in her name. But I never said it was the players making excuses, its the magoffin fans. Probably the some of the best and craziest fans I ever saw. Not all of them, just some of them. I was at the girls game tuesday night and I sat on magoffins side and there were people yelling and saying the dumbest stuff I have ever heard. I know they were probably still in high school but thats no excuse, makes u wonder about their parents. One thing that doesnt really have anything to do with this game, but really al lthe games I have been to at the Expo Center and every where else, no one ever sits still. Its mostly the younger kids, but I have seen adults do it too. They go back and forth all night long and then stand right in front of you like ur not even sitting there watching a game. It drives me nuts. If you are going to go to a game, at least sit and watch the thing. If u go and dont watch the game, at least have the courtesy to move out of someone's way who is actually trying to watch the game. I experience it more at Hornet home games than anywhere else, dont parents care or even know what their kids are doing at games. Most of the time the kids just go to get out of the house. I may be ranting but when I go to a game, I want to watch the game, not a bunch of kids or adults standing in my way or going back and forth. For Christ's Sake, sit down for once.
:moon: Rolleyes Dumb post. Makes no sense whatsoever.
alfus21 Wrote:Let's leave Paintsville out of this thread. Their season is over, and they have nothing to do with this game.
Sounds like one of those guys from well cant say it that would be a fine!!hehe loosin up alfus
Figured you Magoffin people wouldnt understand that last post of mine, doesnt surprise me at all. It makes sense to anyone who understands what I mean by people standing in the way when they are trying to watch a game. Thats all I was saying and I know it didnt go with the topic of the thread, I just wanted to put it in there because no one talks about it. Apparently Im the only one that feels that way. Anyway, no one has ever taken a girl from me, especially anyone from magoffin. I post alot, whether Magoffin wins or loses, and I was being supportive of the boys when I posted before. I just cant stand to hear people give excuses for why they lose, it happens every time. You are right about one thing, I never played sports in high school and it wasnt because I couldnt, it was because of all the politics involved in everything that magoffin does. If you dont have the right name or enough money then u dont matter in magoffin. That is the mentality of almost everyone that lives in magoffin, but not mine. I played street ball, the kind of ball that the players play the way they want and u dont have to be rich or anything like that to play. To answer your other comment, yeah, maybe I do hate magoffin co, and its probably because of how bad the place sucks. But thats another topic for another day. Now go ahead and say what u will about this post, Im waiting to see what bullcrap you come up with next.
Baller3 Wrote:rednecks? I hope AC beats the crap out of P-Ville.
Don't stereotyoe this guy with Pikeville fans or players. I'm from Pikeville and I have no clue who he is, I don't like his screen name, and I could personally care less if they flew rebel flags or Nazi flags, we would play the game just the same.
Exactly what i thought!! No politics here,if you play for neil west its because you are the best player , I know this because im not into politics, and i dang sure am not rich!!! But my son is a good player and plays his heart out. Basketball takes up most of his young life but he loves it that much. So dont hate!!! Hate is a bad and awful thing. These are agreat group of boys and im sorry you never played,but dont take it out on them.
I was referring to when I was going to school, thats when Adams was coach. He wouldnt let people have long hair or facial hair, which makes no sense to me. I never once said anything about Nehi, he has done a decent job with the boys, and its obvious he doesnt care if u have long, short or different color hair or anything like that, and sure doesnt mind tattoos, I dont either, I have 5 myself. I like that Nehi allows things like that, it doesnt make the player any better or worse and surely doesnt make them any less of a person. I guess I should have stated when I went to school and maybe then you would have understood what I was talking about. Whether u want to believe it or not, there were alot of politics involved in the sports then. Im glad to see thats changing, the best players should play, and not be based on who they are or how much money they have. Thats the only reason I never played any sports. Besides that, I had more fun playing street ball. So im sorry for ruffling any feathers.
EASports12 Wrote:R u serious!?! Pikeville beat Allen Central by 8 not three weeks ago! I thought Pikeville was going to win this game and I think they're the favorite on Friday.

Actually it was 5 and one of the better games of the year.
Congrats Pikeville
I-heart-the-15th-Region! Wrote:well there is my answer. I didnt know that he was SICK! i knew he wasn't in the game and there was why.....unless i was a family member or going to high school how would I have known Eric had 101 tempature. it wasnt his normal game and i noticed. you should be glad someone noticed he has wasnt playing to his potential and spoke up intstead of sayin that eric isnt a good play. Sorry if I offended you Jason...:thumpsup:

No offense taken just stating the facts.....
Not makikng excuses at all pikeville played a great game ....and the overall speed of their team hurt us ....and i think it will hurt allen central also. Great game to both teams.
congrats Pikeville
Dont worry Hornet fans, I think AC will shut the Panther fans up tomorrow night.
Tubby Hater Wrote:Dont worry Hornet fans, I think AC will shut the Panther fans up tomorrow night.
We haven't said anything that deserves a shutting up IMO. You are the only one that has offended anyone.