•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will take over the crown of 15th Region Player of the Year?
BIG_COUNTRY_06 Wrote:No one knows who won yet. They vote on that after regions is over. But, I could be wrong, and if that's the case, then congrats to the winner. But i'm pretty sure it hasn't been voted on yet.
Quoted wrong post. Typical Guru stuff. BGR's biggest rumor starter.
The Guru Wrote:Carroll.
If it was true, and I ain't saying it is. The MC girls must have split up their votes which could happen, and Carroll edging Ratliff.

Voted on by the coaches..............So how could the girls split their votes????????
Tricky Wrote:Voted on by the coaches..............So how could the girls split their votes????????

Yes, it is voted on by the coaches and that makes it impossible for the girls to split their votes. . . . .And besides that, I'm sure with all the Pike Co. schools, there is no way a MC girl would win it.
Why not, last year a Paintsville girl won it?
hoopfanfav07 Wrote:Yes, it is voted on by the coaches and that makes it impossible for the girls to split their votes. . . . .And besides that, I'm sure with all the Pike Co. schools, there is no way a MC girl would win it.

Yep, all six of them. But they might split between Ester and Haley. The 58th will probably decide the Player of the year. Since magoffin didnt play any of them; a player from their team probably wont get much support form them.
Phoenix Wrote:Why not, last year a Paintsville girl won it?

It will be a Paintsville player again! That district has to many votes.
hootie Wrote:It will be a Paintsville player again! That district has to many votes.
Could very welll be; she has gotten a lot of exposeure playing games through out the region.
Tricky Wrote:Could very welll be; she has gotten a lot of exposeure playing games through out the region.

Has a MC player ever won 15th region POY?
hoopfanfav07 Wrote:Has a MC player ever won 15th region POY?

No, we had a good chance of it last year, but Calloray was edged out by Jarrell of Paintsville.

Calloray's team won the 57th District and the 15th Region and went on to play in the State Tournament. She is enjoying herself at Berea College, where they won their conference tournament this year.

Jarrell's, Paintsville team was eliminated in the 57th District Tournament and didn't make the Regionals. I think she is sill at Pikeville College.
Tricky Wrote:No, we had a good chance of it last year, but Calloray was edged out by Jarrell of Paintsville.

Calloray's team won the 57th District and the 15th Region and went on to play in the State Tournament. She is enjoying herself at Berea College, where they won their conference tournament this year.

Jarrell's, Paintsville team was eliminated in the 57th District Tournament and didn't make the Regionals. I think she is sill at Pikeville College.

Good Update and I hate to say it, but they wont let a MC player have it this year either. IMO if ever a player from MC deserved it, it is this year.
it should be fleming or ratliff from pike county
Tricky Wrote:Voted on by the coaches..............So how could the girls split their votes????????
I don't want to put words in his mouth but, I think he meant the 2 MC girls would split the coaches votes. Some voting for Ashley, some for Brittany.
I believe all these girls are very good players and very deserving but my pick would have to be Ashley Jade.
HAIL PIKEVILLE Wrote:I believe all these girls are very good players and very deserving but my pick would have to be Ashley Jade.
What I would love to see is these girls playing together on a 15th all-star team. How would that be?
StillAnMCfan Wrote:I don't want to put words in his mouth but, I think he meant the 2 MC girls would split the coaches votes. Some voting for Ashley, some for Brittany.

I would have to agree with ya on that one. And yes they would split some votes. Both good ball players.
Tricky Wrote:No, we had a good chance of it last year, but Calloray was edged out by Jarrell of Paintsville.

Yes. Jarrell is still at Pikeville and she is a starter. She has been a good addition for the Lady Bears this season. Let's hope she keeps it up. It was fun seeing her and Calloray playing against each other again. It was just like old times, except Berea is more of a guard-play team. They both looked good and they gave each other a hug afterwards. I wish all players could act like this. I think either one would have been a great pick as 15th region player of the year. But I think Ashley Jade just might get it. Orat least I know she would have my vote. But GOOD LUCK to everyone and may the best player win!
You could have a very good 15th region all star team with only seniors...some players that come to mind:

Ashley Howard - MC
Haley Ratliff - PC
Kendra Carroll - Paintsville
Esther Fleming - SV
Brittany Mann - MC
Amanda Moon - Belfry
Micheala Howard - MC
Meaghan Slone - P Burg
Ashley Sumpter - SC

I know I am missing some, but those are the ones that I thought of off the top of my head.
Phoenix Wrote:You could have a very good 15th region all star team with only seniors...some players that come to mind:

Ashley Howard - MC
Haley Ratliff - PC
Kendra Carroll - Paintsville
Esther Fleming - SV
Brittany Mann - MC
Amanda Moon - Belfry
Micheala Howard - MC
Meaghan Slone - P Burg
Ashley Sumpter - SC

I know I am missing some, but those are the ones that I thought of off the top of my head.

Brittany Manns*

but yeah that is unreal how many good seniors their are.
The mailman has run in Paintsville.
IISnakE Wrote:The mailman has run in Paintsville.
Has it been awarded?
.houshmandzadeh. Wrote:Brittany Manns*

but yeah that is unreal how many good seniors their are.

Sorry, typo.
Well....Say there were 6 coaches that voted and 2 voted for AJ, 2 for Britt and 2 for Michaela...that is splitting votes because if they were not on the same team, then if the coaches thought it was someone from MC, then only one player would hae got the votes....understand? Or did I just confuse you more?/ LOL
But on the upside, MC has the best team by having this so called problem for POY!!!
StillAnMCfan Wrote:Typical Guru stuff. BGR's biggest rumor starter.
At least I can substanciate what I say. If it is my oppinion I state it. If it's something I heard, then I state it just like I did this time and say..."I heard".
girlsbballfan Wrote:I thought haley didnt get her 2000 points until this year
nope jr. year!
Esther freakin' Fleming.

enough said.
Maybe
Haley"e'ffin" Ratliff!
and if anyone else Magoffin gurl
Ashley "flippin" Howard
Ashley Jade Howard should win this!!
Ashley Howard and Haley Ratliff are both GREAT players, but I believe Haley deserves it. She has reached so many milestones. She has been out for more than half the season and still has her team in position to go to Bowling Green.
agree 150%, but someone will say ( career don't count)!
but even if u think that way look wat she has done this year after her injuryy and everything.
Ashley Jade should win IMO, but what will hurt her is havin two other seniors on her team that have had great games against other region teams that they only played once. What I mean by that is the other two might have had a better game than her, Ratliff, Carroll or Flemming. I think they should wait til after the championship game to vote, have all the 15th Region coaches vote immediately after the game then announce the winner during the awards ceremony.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next