Poll: Do you think the UK basketball program needs to go in a new direction?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
63.64%
No
20.45%
Wait until the season is over
15.91%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want Tubby out threads...here
I think that a great number of people has fell off the Tubby wagon.

It started with his style fo me, but Tried to watch them, pull for them.

The straw for me was his whole grand ideal that he wouldn't recruit bluechip player becaus they wont stay, then i read how many of his players didn't stay anyway.

Im not sure that UK will get rid of him as coach, for many reasons, fear of a backlash im sure.

I think it comes down to one thing and one thing only what are the expectations of the big blue nation for the coach of the Cats, and has he met them.

The majority of people seem to be shifting, interesting to see how it plays out.
Its D'antoni

He is from WV and it is a rumor. It was on ESPN XM the other day that D'antoni would leave for the "best job in America". It was also discussed on another sports talk show but it is only rumor and nothing substantial has been said about it yet. Barnhart had a press release that urged fans to wait until after the season judge where the basketball program is. This was in the Cats Pause.
Super_de Wrote:Is this a serious post or are you joking?

More joking than being serious. He is just posting his opinion on the matter. Barnhart made an announcement today that he will see how the season plays out and evaluate the staff from there. Nothing more, nothing less. Same as last season.

This guy is just posting what he thinks will happen. Dimartino isn't even the name of the Suns' head coach it's D'Antoni. Smile So take my word for it and not a guy that doesn't even know the guy's last name.

Patterson will not be at UK if Tubby Smith is not there. Plain and simple. The only reason he and Lucas haven't committed is because they want to see if Tubby will be here next season, which he will be.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:More joking than being serious. He is just posting his opinion on the matter. Barnhart made an announcement today that he will see how the season plays out and evaluate the staff from there. Nothing more, nothing less. Same as last season.

This guy is just posting what he thinks will happen. Dimartino isn't even the name of the Suns' head coach it's D'Antoni. Smile So take my word for it and not a guy that doesn't even know the guy's last name.

Patterson will not be at UK if Tubby Smith is not there. Plain and simple. The only reason he and Lucas haven't committed is because they want to see if Tubby will be here next season, which he will be.

Thanks for backing me up.
alfus21 Wrote:More joking than being serious. He is just posting his opinion on the matter. Barnhart made an announcement today that he will see how the season plays out and evaluate the staff from there. Nothing more, nothing less. Same as last season.

Well you are partly right. I never heard of the guy D'Antoni before today. I did also hear Morehouse (Ch 3 News) mention the announcement by Barnhart and that a group of alumni had mad an offer to buy him out.

There also was a reference on WKYT tonight about the AD statement. Newspapers, Professors and lots of Alumni all calling for Tubbys head all across the state now.

The D'Antoni stuff was a rumor on a thread I read on the Herald Leader sports blog. It all just seems to be about timing and the Vandy loss and another loss coming up at Florida. And a Home game against Georgia isn't a gimme either.

Tubby's tenure is doomed I am afraid. But we'll see tomorrow.

Why issue a statement that your going to make an announcement and have a press conference the next day?
DevilsWin Wrote:Well you are partly right. I never heard of the guy D'Antoni before today. I did also hear Morehouse (Ch 3 News) mention the announcement by Barnhart and that a group of alumni had mad an offer to buy him out.

There also was a reference on WKYT tonight about the AD statemant. Newspapers, Professors and lots of Alumni all calling for Tubbys head.

The D'Antoni stuff was a rumor on a thread I read on the Herald Leader sports blog. It all just seems to be about timing and the Vandy loss and another loss coming up at Florida. And a Home game against Georgia isn't a gimme either.

Tubby;s tenure is doomed I am afraid. but we'll see tomorrow.

Why issue a statement that your going to make an announcement and have a press conference the next day?

I heard about the buy out as well but the same thing happened last year as well as Barnhart's address saying it would be evaluated at seasons' end.

What do Professors calling for Tubby's head have anything to do with anything Smile

Why would we see tomorrow? If you're referring to Tubby's press conference tomorrow at 11. He has one at 11 A.M. the day before every single game Smile C'mon man.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm Just sayin.......
DevilsWin Wrote:I'm Just sayin.......

:Clap: :thatsfunn

I know it was a big buzz today with Barnhart's announcement and even some clown from a Nashville radio station made everybody anticipate big news which ended up being exactly what Barnhart said in his announcement, which was the same as last year.

The press conference for tomorrow is normal as it is before every game day, and nothing new has happened.

IF anything happens it will come at season's end. And that's a big if. I still believe he stays.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Billy D

10 seasons at UF
Providence '87

Career record - 261-118 (.689)
Record at UF: 226-98 (.698)
National Titles: 1 (2006)
SEC Titles: 2
SEC East Titles: 3
SEC Tournament Titles: 2
Final Fours: 4 (1 as a player, 1 as an assistant, 2 as head coach at Florida)
National Title Game Appearances: 2 (2000 and 2006)

The Short Story...
Donovan guided the Gators to the school's first national championship in 2006, as the Gators ran the table in the NCAA Tournament, defeating opponents by an average of 16.0 points per game and becoming the first team since UCLA in 1968 to win both the national semifinal and final by 15+ points.

Has guided the Gators to eight straight NCAA Tournament appearances and eight straight 20-win seasons. The University of Florida had only five 20-win seasons and five NCAA Tournament appearances in the 77 years prior to Donovan's arrival. UF won a school record 33 games in 2005-06 en route to the national title.

Donovan guided the Gators to their first appearance in the National Championship game in 2000, taking the Gators to the Final Four. En route to the Championship game, the Gators became the first program to defeat both Duke and North Carolina in the NCAA Tournament.

Donovan guided the Gators to the school's first SEC Tournament title in 2005, and followed it with a victory over South Carolina in the 2006 title game. UF has been to three straight SEC Tournament Championship games.

Donovan has won 16 NCAA Tournament games, more than double the combined NCAA Tournament totals of all other former UF coaches.

He is one of only two people ever to serve as head coach in a Final Four, as an assistant coach in a Final Four and reach the Final Four as a player. Furthermore, he is one of only five coaches to have reached the Final Four both as a head coach and as a player.

His teams have averaged 24.9 wins per season over the last eight years and 22.6 during his tenure overall. Florida won just 12 games the season before his arrival and averaged 11.5 per year in the 77 years prior to his arrival.

He has guided the Gators to two overall SEC titles after winning only one in 77 years prior to his arrival, while leading Florida to three SEC East crowns.

18 of the 20 seniors to play for Donovan have gone on to graduate.
Four players have gone on to become first round picks in the NBA Draft, including one NBA Rookie of the Year.

Not bad for a pile of Garbage at a football school.
Fluent in English and Italian, he has co-authored two books: Playmaker, with former Milan head coach Dan Peterson, and Vivendo Giacando, with Italian sportswriter Tullio Lauro.

A native of Mullens, West Virginia, D’Antoni played collegiately at Marshall University and graduated as the school’s career assist leader in 1973. Born May 9, 1951, D’Antoni and his wife Laurel have one son, Michael (8).
DevilsWin Wrote:Fluent in English and Italian, he has co-authored two books: Playmaker, with former Milan head coach Dan Peterson, and Vivendo Giacando, with Italian sportswriter Tullio Lauro.

A native of Mullens, West Virginia, D’Antoni played collegiately at Marshall University and graduated as the school’s career assist leader in 1973. Born May 9, 1951, D’Antoni and his wife Laurel have one son, Michael (8).

Smile What are you talking about? Are you yankin' my chain posting stuff like that?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:Smile What are you talking about? Are you yankin' my chain posting stuff like that?

I am totally serious about this. He!! I should be in bed. The anticipation is too much.

Gotta go to sleep so I don't miss the press announcement. LOL:howdy:
DevilsWin Wrote:I am totally serious about this. He!! I should be in bed. The anticipation is too much.

Gotta go to sleep so I don't miss the press announcement. LOL:howdy:

Smile You posted that he was fluent and had an 8 year old son. I just don't really understand what you're doing is what I was getting at.

Yeah you don't want to miss that press announcement that happens every single week. Have fun listening to it. Smile
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
What in the world? I don't think that I've ever been more confused after reading a thread here, hahaha. Tubby will be back next year. Do I want him to be? Not really but he isn't doing nearly as bad as some make him out to be. Is UK basketball what it used to be? No. But none of this stuff is going to happen.

well why would you recruit players who don't listen.

Attitude reflects leadership.

And I think Pitino did win a championship with his players.
its just a rumor but I hope it ends up being true!!
alfus21 Wrote:IF anything happens it will come at season's end.
We may not have to wait long.
UK athletics director Mitch Barnhart released a statement late Monday afternoon on WIldcat Basketball.

“Kentucky Basketball is important to all of us who are a part of the Big Blue Nation. I know that the fans, coaches and players are disappointed with the results of the season up to this point, but it’s important to wait until the most critical part of the season is complete before reviewing the program.

“Our fans’ lofty expectations for this program, which I share, have not changed. However, history tells us that the college basketball season can change quite a bit between February and March. If the close games we’ve lost in February become victories during the tournaments, then this team has a chance to play up to its potential, which is what all of us as Wildcat fans want.”
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Actually their was a "big" announcement made on http://www.kentuckysportsradio.com/ at midnight last night. The 'big" new was that Jai Lucas will make a visit for the Georgia game Wed night. Here are the head lines:

(1) Jai Lucas will be visiting on Senior Night on Wednesday. He told me, “I really want to see what Senior Night is like at Kentucky and I cant wait to see it in person.”

(2) Lucas said that he will wait until the end of March or April to make the decision, in part, to see “what the coaching situations are at the schools.” You can guess what he is talking about.

(3) He told me he very likely will narrow his list in the next couple of weeks to two schools. He said he has been watching Kentucky and “is really starting to see not only where I could fit in, but where I might be needed.”

Not really big news but there you go.

D'antoni is only rumor right now. Rumor stirred up by the continuous scrutinizing of Tubby and his staff. There is no way Smith could ever live up to the expectations of Big Blue Nation after Pitino left. Alot have never liked him from the start, for whatever reasons, and have just waited for the ebb and flow that all programs have to have an excuse to demand he be gotten rid of. Pretty sad actually.
I Think He Is Gone But Not Like That He Will Step Down On His Own. THEN I HOPE JOHN PELPHERY IS IN THE HOUSE.
I can remember a couple of Pitino clubs that were not that great either. And I'm not talking about the first couple of years when the leftovers were there.

Anybody remember 1994. Getting beaten soundly by Marquette in the second round of the NCAA tournament. What about 1995 when North Carolina just pummeled the cats in Birmingham. I believe after those two disappointments even allmighty Rick Pitino himself was catching some flack for not having the Bluechips in the program to get to a final four. Of course Ron Mercer came in the following year. Delk, McCarty, Walker and the talent that was their matured and the next few years brought on a run that can only be matched by few other schools.

The point is that all schools and coaches go through cycles. Pitino and his Cardinals had a very rough stretch at the start of the season. The close losses in the past few games for UK do not signal the end of the world. They have shown that this team has leadership issues. And no matter how much a coach preaches, if the players don't want to listen you can't make them. I love the freshman class. But I can't wait until the Juniors are gone. They have been nothing but trouble since the left the arena following the 2004 McDonalds All American game.

Tubby does need to get things turned around and I believe this years freshman are the start of it. Meeks continues to get better and better. Jasper despite recent criticism was praised for his play the first half of the season. Stevenson has a world of potential. Porter is very solid IMO and could be a great leader for this team in the future. With a good recruiting class this year and an attitude adjustment before next season starts the cats might not be in as dire of straights as some may think.
Tubby Yelled So Loud Sunday Reporters Had To Move Back From Locker Room Told Them The Same Crap From The Same Players.
Not much a 'vote of confidence' coming from Barnhart in saying "Wait and see how the season plays out". Not the kind of statement you want to hear from the AD when your job in in jeopardy....and NO, Barnhart DID NOT say that last year either. He stuck by Tubby 100% in evey attempt that was made to oust the Tubster.
rallo316 Wrote:I Think He Is Gone But Not Like That He Will Step Down On His Own. THEN I HOPE JOHN PELPHERY IS IN THE HOUSE.

IDK if it will happen, but I'd like to see it. Pelphery is a Paintsville native, former Kentucky Mr. Basketball, and his number is hanging from the rafters of Rupp Arena (which was stolen once before I think). He's a great recruiter and is also a reason why Florida had those great players/teams back in the earlier 2000's. Going to have to wait and see what happens with Tubby though.
Pelphrey is not ready to take on the job at UK. Just look at unc with Doh and see what happens when an ex-player takes over unprepared. Give Pel another 5-10 years, and yes, he should be experienced enough. Not now though, especially with the condition Tub has it in.
Well I think all the talk about Tubby in the past was him not getting fired but him taking a job in the NBA. Which he turned down to stay at KENTUCKY!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Well I know most will get mad at this and say its just another UK bashing thread. Oh well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Super_de Wrote:I just got one thing to say about that, i mean i know he isnt going to get to a final four in the next couple of years but, Tubby did win the championship with Pitinos players, but thats something Rick couldnt do, lol just figure id throw that out there. Even tho i am gettin a little fed up with Tubby's coaching and just onther thing, how do you all know that tubby doesnt try to get through to his players, mayb the players dont listen to him. Just a thought.
lol Pitino got there 2 years in a row on his own. Tubbys hasent got there yet on his own. Tubby is horrible and all you people that are in denile should realize He is horrible after a first or second round loss again in the NCAA Tourny.
Go on now Tubby Git!
Arbys Man Wrote:lol Pitino got there 2 years in a row on his own. Tubbys hasent got there yet on his own. Tubby is horrible and all you people that are in denile should realize He is horrible after a first or second round loss again in the NCAA Tourny.

Two years ago he was a hair from the final four.. Now he is horrible. And who is in denial?
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next