Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tubby's Game Plan
Check out this 'puzzling' quote from Joe Crawford in today's Lexington Herald/Leader....

"I feel like I wasn't aggressive at all the first half," Crawford said. "Me and Ramel (Bradley) both, no matter what the game plan is, we've got to take it on our shoulders. We've got to attack. We've got to come out and play hungry, not just play when we get behind."

Is he suggesting that Tubby's game plan is to NOT BE aggressive?? If so, this is absolutely mind boggling. No wonder UK plays so lethargic if this is true. UK basketball was built on aggressiveness..being the bully (especially if one can remember the Mike Phillips/Rick Robey/James Lee days). Now, Tubby has reduced them to the Mildcats.

LINK TO CRAWFORD'S COMMENT

BTW.....there's a few more 'mind boggling' quotes in that link...especially from Morris.
Randolph Morris is about,,, check that THE BIGGEST MORON ON THE PLANET!!!
LEts stop making all these "Tubby Bashing" threads...too much of the same garbage, post it all in one please.
This is not a Tubby Bashing thread. It is an opinion thread based on statements form yesterdays game.
What he said needs to happen! Crawford and Bradley do need to get aggressive at the beginning of the game, keep up the agressiveness in between and at the end. Not only them two but the rest of the team for that matter.
This is very concerning for me and should be for all UK fans. It appears that the wheels might be falling off the bus!

:help: :beg: TongueoliceLig
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
It sounds to me that he is indicating that the game plan was to be aggressive. I don't know how you put your own twist on that enough to think it meant otherwise. But he said he felt like he wasn't aggressive enough which is what the game plan is for him and Ramel was. That they have to take it upon themselves to be more aggressive.

So to me it sounds like Tubby wants them to be more aggressive, but they are failing to do so themselves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Panther Thunder Wrote:Randolph Morris is about,,, check that THE BIGGEST MORON ON THE PLANET!!!

What did he say that makes him the biggest Moron on the planet?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tubby has never had an aggressive team compared to the teams of the pervious coach. Full court and in your face!

:Hammer3:
BelfryJustice Wrote:Tubby has never had an aggressive team compared to the teams of the pervious coach. Full court and in your face!

No not that agressive, but I was just saying that Grassy Knoll's agenda here is to simply put a twist on player quotes now to make his own cause look good. The quotes are left for interpretation but there is nothing I see there that indicates the game plan is not to be aggressive.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BelfryJustice Wrote:Tubby has never had an aggressive team compared to the teams of the pervious coach. Full court and in your face!

Did you forget about the 03' team??
corndog23 Wrote:Did you forget about the 03' team??

I prefer year in and year out aggressive play! One year just doesn’t cut it for me! Sorry! :redboxer:
Thanx for re-opening the thread BJ.....should be some great conversation concerning this.

If anyone noticed, the ONLY aggressive part of the game was when Kentucky put on the press in the second half. Tempo and aggressiveness picked up bigtime. Can't understand why this doesn't happen more often, especially with the bench Tub has. He's promised the past 3 years we'd see more pressing, but it never happens. Is he just plain stubborn or what??
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:Thanx for re-opening the thread BJ.....should be some great conversation concerning this.

Thats just the thing, there should be no "concerning" anything. You can spin it all you want, but Crawford said no matter what the game plan is, we need to be aggressive when we execute that gameplan.
alfus21 Wrote:No not that agressive, but I was just saying that Grassy Knoll's agenda here is to simply put a twist on player quotes now to make his own cause look good. The quotes are left for interpretation but there is nothing I see there that indicates the game plan is not to be aggressive.

I'm not trying to put a twist on anything. It's right there in BLACK and WHITE. Crawford says they need to be MORE AGGRESSIVE, NO MATTER WHAT THE GAME PLAN IS. Evidently the game plan was to not be aggressive, but the passive crap they've been playing all season long.....how much more clear can you make it?

BTW....I figured you and Corndog would be in therapy after yesterday's game. Smile
Exactly Corndog. This is such a joke that somebody would try to use their own agenda to make a coach look bad for his own good.

The quotes would only be puzzling to Grassy Knoll Sniper I guess, because they seem quite simple to me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:I'm not trying to put a twist on anything. It's right there in BLACK and WHITE. Crawford says they need to be MORE AGGRESSIVE, NO MATTER WHAT THE GAME PLAN IS.....how much more clear can you make it?

You can try to put your own spin on this and blow it up to epic proportion standards but the quote is only what you're making it out to be in your mind.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:You can try to put your own spin on this and blow it up to epic proportion standards but the quote is only what you're making it out to be in your mind.

If I'm making it out in my own mind, then hundreds and hundreds of other UK fans are also. I've just checked at least 3 other UK chat sites and they're all basically coming to the same conclusion as I am on this. Only you and corndog see it any other way.......but why should I be surprised.
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:If I'm making it out in my own mind, then hundreds and hundreds of other UK fans are also. I've just checked at least 3 other UK chat sites and they're all basically coming to the same conclusion as I am on this. Only you and corndog see it any other way.......but why should I be surprised.

Well congrats on checking the 3 other sites. Why don't you discuss them some more since you mention them as your sources for everything on the site. Those are opinions of Anti-Tubby persons just like yourself. I didn't know that since you and the other Tubby bashers came to that conclusion made it true.

As I said, OPEN TO INTERPRETATION. This was spoken in an interview after a loss with several people around him. Take it with a grain of salt. It means nothing except he has to be more aggressive no matter what. He wouldn't say he has to ignore the game plan and do what him and Ramel want to do. That's ridiculous and that's exactly what you're trying to say that he said.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:Thanx for re-opening the thread BJ.....should be some great conversation concerning this.

I cannot take credit for opening this back up. Midee1 opened it, but I see no harm in the discussion of this topic.
BelfryJustice Wrote:I cannot take credit for opening this back up. I think Midee1 opened it!

Well then thanx Midee1. No reason for it to be closed in the first place. This is a hot topic around the Commonwealth on all the chat sites today. Why someone wouldn't want to discuss it here definitely puzzles me......unless you're an OTS supporter that is.
How hard is it to understand that he said they need to be aggressive no matter what the gameplan is?? As in, being aggressive while executing the gameplan??? I dont know what you believe a game plan to be GKS, but it simply doesnt state "Be aggressive" or "dont be aggressive". And i can guarentee that the latter has never been said in a UK practice or locker room.
corndog23 Wrote:How hard is it to understand that he said they need to be aggressive no matter what the gameplan is?? As in, being aggressive while executing the gameplan??? I dont know what you believe a game plan to be GKS, but it simply doesnt state "Be aggressive" or "dont be aggressive". And i can guarentee that the latter has never been said in a UK practice or locker room.

He just sees what he wants to see Corndog along with the other Tubby bashers and their pathetic agenda to get rid of a good coach.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:He just sees what he wants to see Corndog along with the other Tubby bashers and their pathetic agenda to get rid of a good coach.

Yeah, a good coach that sets 'Negative Firsts' records weekly at UK. I hope you'e invested some bucks in scuba gear. That ship is going down soon.

BTW.......still waiting for all those 'Positive Firsts'.
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:Yeah, a good coach that sets 'Negative Firsts' records weekly at UK. I hope you'e invested some bucks in scuba gear. That ship is going down soon.

Do you want a reason why there are not very many "positive firsts"? Here you go, and this is the only time im going to say it.

WE ARE THE UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY! WE HAVE DONE EVERYTHING YOU CAN POSSIBLY DO AS A BASKETBALL SCHOOL! THERE ARE NO POSITIVE FIRSTS LEFT TO BE ACCOMPLISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:Yeah, a good coach that sets 'Negative Firsts' records weekly at UK. I hope you'e invested some bucks in scuba gear. That ship is going down soon.

Typical. Get off topic because your agenda was exposed, and you have nothing more to say on the issue. EXPOSED.

Funny that with all these negative first going on at Kentucky, they are also happening at UCONN with Calhoun and at Duke with Coach K. Among other big schools, many are having negative firsts now in today's game.

And as I said previously, it's nearly impossible to find any "firsts" with the standard that Rupp set in his years at UK. It would be hard to find a good lists of firsts for even the mighty Rick Pitino at UK.

But this thread is about spinning what players have said out of proportion to fit your own agenda and meet your own good so let's leave this thread to that. :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"My head wasn't in the game," said Randolph Morris yesterday.

Where was it?
"I don't know," the center said.

Wow....Coach needs to get players motivated somehow, the players for some reason just aren't in the game.
"I think everybody waits around for somebody to do something," said Joe Crawford.

Everyone in the country sees this, and he is just now noticing it.
cards_athlete Wrote:"My head wasn't in the game," said Randolph Morris yesterday.

Where was it?

Wow....Coach needs to get players motivated somehow, the players for some reason just aren't in the game.

Having your head in the game has nothing to do with motivation. Some players are going to go into a game with that regardless. Players say this after many teams' losses and it's never mentioned but only at Kentucky. Morris is simply lazy and I for one won't miss him much when he leaves this team. Morris is an athlete and with that comes the responsibility to get your own head in the game. The Coach has enough duties dealing with the gameplan and scouting to not worry if a player is going to have his head in the game.

This is 100% on Morris in my opinion. It's his problem, and it's his job to get himself ready for a game. The coach can't motivate every single player, and if you're looking this deep down for something to blame on a coach then you're lost beyond belief and have such a deep agenda that you're never going to climb out of it.

Randolph was the only one not in the game yesterday, everybody else was ready but didn't execute. Morris had 8 turnovers himself. It's all on him.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
cards_athlete Wrote:"My head wasn't in the game," said Randolph Morris yesterday.

Where was it?

Ill give you this, Randolph Morris is a headcase. That is nobodys fault but his own. I dont know what more Coach Smith could do with him, He set his butt in the UF game. He didnt start in another. i dont know what we can do with RM.