•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final: Johnson Central 71 Paintsville 62
Your right playboy5 Paintsville is having trouble and at a bad time too.
Sorry should have clarified not U redneck, others I have talked to. Can U give some insight on the Welch situation??
rainout Wrote:Sorry should have clarified not U redneck, others I have talked to. Can U give some insight on the Welch situation??

I'm not a JC fan, so I can't tell you anything bout that situation. I know he walked out and went to the lockerroom and got dressed and left the gym.
Redneck Wrote:WHo blamed the refs for Paintsville losin?????

That's what I was about to ask...lol. Anyway, hats off to the Eagles. I guess for once the higher ups stuck their nose out of Starns face and allowed him to do what he was hired to do....coach. They deserved to win apparently, but what is it going to take to make the Tigers wake up and play a full 32mins of basketball? They should've won the All A but gave it away for the most part, and now losing this game to a struggling JC squad. Hopefully the Black and Gold can turn it around and use this win as a stepping stone. Would love to see a few upsets here and there during the District/Region tournaments. As for Paintsville....I'd drop them out of the Mt. Top 10 until they SHOW that they deserve to be there. Good luck to both teams.
WTG Eagles!!!! Sometimes things happen that make you want it more!! Congrats on the win!!!
IRISH4 Wrote:That's what I was about to ask...lol. Anyway, hats off to the Eagles. I guess for once the higher ups stuck their nose out of Starns face and allowed him to do what he was hired to do....coach. They deserved to win apparently, but what is it going to take to make the Tigers wake up and play a full 32mins of basketball? They should've won the All A but gave it away for the most part, and now losing this game to a struggling JC squad. Hopefully the Black and Gold can turn it around and use this win as a stepping stone. Would love to see a few upsets here and there during the District/Region tournaments. As for Paintsville....I'd drop them out of the Mt. Top 10 until they SHOW that they deserve to be there. Good luck to both teams.

Great post IRISH... I aint gonna lie, I HATE losin to JC, but gotta give em props for tonight. They showed up to play, they wanted it more and they deserved the victory.
Great win for the Eagles. How did Slone do?
Wow i just dont understand these 2 teams, they are so inconsistent! JC loses to some not very good compition then beats Paintsville lol, idk its wierd b/c Paintsville can beat all these teams that beats JCHS. LOL idk what is with these two teams great game by the eagles they should play like that more often, and Paintsville well i really dont have nothing to say then play a full game and not shoot around!!!!
Congrats JC. GREAT win..... Way to go... now do it in the district tourny.!
congrats JC even though I was rooting fior P''ville lol. The cheerleaders cracked me up all night acting like each other lol, and who were the T's on? I saw 2 men argueing but didnt know who they were. I also thought it wasnt very classy that JC threw stuff at Pville and on the court, but Pville did right back lol
So what does the tourney seeding look like now?
All_Sport#1 Wrote:congrats JC even though I was rooting fior P''ville lol. The cheerleaders cracked me up all night acting like each other lol, and who was the T's on? I seen 2 men argueing but didnt know who they was. I also thought it wasnt very classy that JC threw stuff at Pville and on the court, but Pville did right back lol

Well they called an intentional foul on Grimm I think it was after Justin Murray stood there and threw elbows then went flyin floppin around when nobody even touched him. I don't remember the other one, I know there should have been one when JD stole the ball and broke away then got rammed into the wall. The Murray boy is a hot head.
All_Sport#1 Wrote:so what does the tourney seeding look like now?

Paintsville is still the #1 seed, I think JC locked the 4 seed up with the victory which doesn't matter cause either way they have to play SC to even have the chance to play Paintsville again.
Redneck Wrote:Well they called an intentional foul on Grimm I think it was after Justin Murray stood there and threw elbows then went flyin floppin around when nobody even touched him. I don't remember the other one, I know there should have been one when JD stole the ball and broke away then got rammed into the wall. The Murray boy is a hot head.

Paintsville got bad calls at home??? wow it would be the first time!!
hornetfan Wrote:Paintsville got bad calls at home??? wow it would be the first time!!

I'm not blamin refs, but there were defiantely some very questionable calls. Slone, VanHoose, Grimm and Ferguson all had 4 fouls.
hornetfan Wrote:Paintsville got bad calls at home??? wow it would be the first time!!
Smile You got that right! Congrats JC, this goes to show all of us and I'm included that these guys have rallied around Starns and while I have been hard on him in the past I want to say that I'm all in for him because right now he's our coach and that's all that matters! Hope to see everyone back out tomorrow night for the JC vs. Pville girls game!
The layup that JD Vanhoose got a hard foul. What people must not have seen was JD knocked a JC player down at half court to get the ball. Knowing these two teams, I don't think that JC was going to let a Tiger player shoot a wide open layup at that point.
WOW TEAM TURMOIL (JC) pulls out the HUGE upset. I bet Starns baby is dancing in his living room right now.
I just heard for sure that Ian quit, he was late for practice and almost the bus, therefore he was not going to get to start. Then his level headed daddy came and took him home,,,wonder what colors he will be wearing next year...blue and white, or maybe red and blue. Drama, Drama, Drama.

Speaking of drama, what about Vanhoose and Slones daddys.....seems like daddys these days need to loosen up. I guess Valentine's day was hard on the daddys,,no pun intended
TheProfessor Wrote:Great job Eagles. Unselfish play by everyone. Why did Welch leave the bench and get dressed ?

You need to start a new thread about welch leaving the bench...... it's gunna be a long one!
diamondthehacker Wrote:The layup that JD Vanhoose got a hard foul. What people must not have seen was JD knocked a JC player down at half court to get the ball. Knowing these two teams, I don't think that JC was going to let a Tiger player shoot a wide open layup at that point.

What, you are crazy. JD stepped in the passin lane and picked the ball off, he never knocked anyone down. Regaurdless of whether JC would let someone get a wide open lay-up or not that was an intentional foul, 3 players run him into the wall. And to beat it all they called the foul on Robert Smith and he was on the other side of the floor.
:Thumbs: In a thread that is now closed I called this game to turn out just like it did!! I've seen enough ballgames to realize when it comes down to these two teams records don't mean anything!!! This was a must win for the Eagles and they got it.This loss for Paintsville does not hurt them in the districting seating it just humbles them and will more than likely set up a great third match between the Eagles and Tigers in 57th District action!!! If anbody did not like the first matchup or the second matchup between these teams .Maybe you will be satisfied at the third matchup in District play.I'm proud of each and every fan that showed up to support their respective schools tonight.I'm the most proud of those Basketball Eagles that played in either game J.V. or Varsity!! Guys you left it all on the court tonight and perservered and overcame problems before and during the game.You all did not walk out of that gym with any doubts and each and everyone of you knew you gave it your all for the whole 32 minutes!!! WAY TO GO EAGLES!!!! The Sky is the limit!!!!:letsparty TongueirateSho :Cheerlead
Redneck Wrote:I'm not blamin refs, but there were defiantely some very questionable calls. Slone, VanHoose, Grimm and Ferguson all had 4 fouls.

....Why does there alwase have to be an excuse? Maybe they got the fouls... BECAUSE THEY REALLY FOULED!:ChairHit: Grimm got a technical I believe. JC had a pretty good fast break going, and no one can just give up a lay up without giving some hell to pay.
Mr.Mister Wrote:....Why does there alwase have to be an excuse? Maybe they got the fouls... BECAUSE THEY REALLY FOULED!:ChairHit: Grimm got a technical I believe. JC had a pretty good fast break going, and no one can just give up a lay up without giving some hell to pay.

What excuse. If you read the whole thread you will see that I said the refs were not blame, Paintsville got theirselves in a bind and got down by 23.
jOHn:316 Wrote:WOW TEAM TURMOIL (JC) pulls out the HUGE upset. I bet Starns baby is dancing in his living room right now.
I just heard for sure that Ian quit, he was late for practice and almost the bus, therefore he was not going to get to start. Then his level headed daddy came and took him home,,,wonder what colors he will be wearing next year...blue and white, or maybe red and blue. Drama, Drama, Drama.

Speaking of drama, what about Vanhoose and Slones daddys.....seems like daddys these days need to loosen up. I guess Valentine's day was hard on the daddys,,no pun intended

Ian will be fine... I think once he sits down with coach Starns and talks it over he will realize what he done was wrong. He'll be wearing Black and Gold again next year so don't even start that crap.
Thats right Eaglehoops, I forgot its JC he will probably be playing next week. You can quit when you want then come back,,,anything goes with TEAM TURMOIL
How about a thread on the two dads.
WAY TO GO EAGLES! There was not anyone more happy than I was when Central sealed the victory. The Eagles played their hearts out and left EVERYTHING on the floor. Not once did I see any one bicker for the ball or get upset. McCarty passed when he should have, and shot when he should have and hustled for EVERY single lose ball and play very well defense. And same with the rest of them. Conley had the game of his life. The first time starter showed what he was really made of. Crum took it to their press. On one possession he dribbled by every single defender looping in the lane, then out to the wing, finally he saw the open lane and put that brown thang in the round thang! GO EAGLES, I L-O-V-E YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Cheerlead :letsparty :1:
I was just told by a member of the JC girls team that coach Starns was gonna be painted up for tomorrows game vs. Pville... ala UT's coach, this is awesome. I wonder if Bill Mike is gonna do this? :rockon:
If Starns does that he goes way up in my book...now thats showing school spirit and team work.. he may just not be so "different" afterall.
jOHn:316 Wrote:If Starns does that he goes way up in my book...now thats showing school spirit and team work.. he may just not be so "different" afterall.

Same here... can't wait to see it, I wonder if the coaching staff of the girls team will do the same for the boys? Anyone know if it would happen?
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next