• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will take over the crown of 15th Region Player of the Year?
I'm just curious as to whom everyone thinks is going to win it this year. I'l post my opinion later...
has 2 be Ashley Jade Howard 20+ ppg team 20-3 she is getting everyone involved and she is playing really well
I also believe it should be Ashley jade because she is having a great year and so is her team.
I got 2. Ashley or Haley (the 2 best in my opinion)
IMO...It's between 3 girls...Ashley Jade Howard from Magoffin, Haley Ratliff from Pike Central, and Kendra Carroll from Paintsville. It could go either way, it just depends on who the coaches think deserve it. I think they ALL deserve it, but of course, only one will get it. I will say that I think Ashley Jade will more than likely be the one who gets it. But Good Luck to ALL the seniors and their teams the rest of the season.
Ashley Jade, I agree with thefan, she averages 21.7 ppg, and has been getting everyone else involved.
It should be, Ashley Jade Howard fo Magoffin County. She has been the one of the best, if not the best point guard in the 15th Region for the past 4 years.

She has led the Lady Hornets to 3 straight 57th District Titles, one 15th Region Championship, one State Tournament, was the 15th Regional Tournament MVP, #1 Ranked team in the Region numerious times, #1 Ranked Team in the Mountains numerious times and she leads her team in just about ever category of offense and defense.

:Thumbs: :Thumbs:
^Don't forget 2,000 plus point's in her career.
mcfan1 Wrote:^Don't forget 2,000 plus point's in her career.

Ratliff also got her 2,000 career point her junior year,and has been a starter for pc since her 6th grade year!
15regiongurlsbball Wrote:Ratliff also got her 2,000 career point her junior year,and has been a starter for pc since her 6th grade year!

She does not have the other things like Ashley Jade has. 3 district titles in the best district in the 15th(3 in a row that is), 15th region MVP, 15th region Championship, and 3 quadruple doubles in her career.
Ashley, was considered by most to be the Best Point Guard in the 15th Region as an 8th grader.

She has been on the 57th District All Tournament Team for 5 straight years, making it for the first time as a 7th grader. Ashley's teams have made the 15 Regional Tournament also 5 straight times since she entered into Varsity competition.
Yeah, a quadruple double is unheard of.
I would give it to howard, no doubt she deserves it. As for Ratliff, she has been out. I think possibly Fleming from SV, has had a pretty good yr. Averaging nearly a double double, has had a great career and has valley in the top 3 or 4 in the region.
i say esther fleming from valley
Ashley Jade without a doubt.
BIG_COUNTRY_06 Wrote:IMO...It's between 3 girls...Ashley Jade Howard from Magoffin, Haley Ratliff from Pike Central, and Kendra Carroll from Paintsville. It could go either way, it just depends on who the coaches think deserve it. I think they ALL deserve it, but of course, only one will get it. I will say that I think Ashley Jade will more than likely be the one who gets it. But Good Luck to ALL the seniors and their teams the rest of the season.

Ashley Jade for sure .....she is great.....Kendra Carrol is def. not getting it .....she hasn't been to hot this year nor has her team
And Ratliff from Pc is another big NO!!!! She is good but people make her seem better than what she really is.... not to mention she's been out several times this year with injurys .....Ashley Jade all the way
you are hilarious about the howard girl. i say esther fleming is the MVP
15thRegionX Wrote:She does not have the other things like Ashley Jade has. 3 district titles in the best district in the 15th(3 in a row that is), 15th region MVP, 15th region Championship, and 3 quadruple doubles in her career.

I think the votes will be split and it's going to be a close race..All members of the KABC can vote, which includes coaches, assistant coaches, etc.

Just to add on:

Haley also has a 15th Region Championship and a 15th Region MVP award, and I am pretty sure she has had some triple doubles that I know of..They have also won district a few times during her tenure.

Carroll from Painstville, two All A 15th Region Championships, All A State Tourney team, Division I signee.

Anyone of these girls are deserving of the award..I have seen in the past where there have been ties..Who knows..we may have one again this year.

Winner gets recognized at state and gets an automatic invitation to try out for KY-IN all stars.
"you are hilarious about the howard girl" (Laughing) Check the numbers, they don't lie.

"3 district titles in the best district in the 15th(3 in a row that is), 15th region MVP, 15th region Championship, and 3 quadruple doubles in her career."
ballerhasbeen Wrote:I think the votes will be split and it's going to be a close race..All members of the KABC can vote, which includes coaches, assistant coaches, etc.

Just to add on:

Haley also has a 15th Region Championship and a 15th Region MVP award, and I am pretty sure she has had some triple doubles that I know of..They have also won district a few times during her tenure.

Carroll from Painstville, two All A 15th Region Championships, All A State Tourney team, Division I signee.

Anyone of these girls are deserving of the award..I have seen in the past where there have been ties..Who knows..we may have one again this year.

Winner gets recognized at state and gets an automatic invitation to try out for KY-IN all stars.

It don't matter what they got the previous yrs. it only matters what happened this year! haley ratliff is good but she hasn't played but a few games this year! this award is for who has done the best for THIS YEAR!
15thRegionX Wrote:She does not have the other things like Ashley Jade has. 3 district titles in the best district in the 15th(3 in a row that is), 15th region MVP, 15th region Championship, and 3 quadruple doubles in her career.

She has a 15th region championship title 2 (freshman year)
spalding Wrote:Ashley Jade for sure .....she is great.....Kendra Carrol is def. not getting it .....she hasn't been to hot this year nor has her team
And Ratliff from Pc is another big NO!!!! She is good but people make her seem better than what she really is.... not to mention she's been out several times this year with injurys .....Ashley Jade all the way

AND you dont think people make ashley seem more than she really is?
15regiongurlsbball Wrote:AND you dont think people make ashley seem more than she really is?

Well I'm nowhere near bein a Magoffin County fan, but Ashley Jade proves it night in night out, noone has stopped her.
pikevilleball Wrote:you are hilarious about the howard girl. i say esther fleming is the MVP

:thatsfunn Now that's hilarious.
15regiongurlsbball Wrote:AND you dont think people make ashley seem more than she really is?

What season are you watching. Check the numbers.
it HAS to be ashley jade from Magoffin. She has so much talent on her team and she gets them involved if she didnt have Manns, and M. Howard she would avg. 50 points a game she is unstoppable.
I haven't seen ashley jade play, but the Manns girl wasn't nearly as impressive as people have made her out to be IMO.
Creeker Wrote:I haven't seen ashley jade play, but the Manns girl wasn't nearly as impressive as people have made her out to be IMO.
who did you watch her play against she might have had a bad game everyone is apt to have one
It was not just on one occassion...
Creeker Wrote:It was not just on one occassion...
and you said in you havent see Ashley Jade play and on more than one occasion you seen Brittney play . That doesnt make sense Ashley has missed one game in 6 years if you seen Brittney more than once you had to have watched Ashley , so my conclusion is you have no idea what your talking about
  • 1(current)
  • Next