Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 71 Rose Hill Christian 41
Wasn't at the game but was told that Valley girls dominated the entire game - ahead 18-2 in the first half. If anyone has stats, please post.

This has to be an awfully impressive game for the Lady Kats to come away with the big W.

Congrats Valley!
I like this thread referring back to when this game was scheduled.
http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...hp?t=17353
Rose Hill is really struggling this year, congrats Valley, you guy's dominated this one.
Just noticed that Valley beat them worse than what Lexington Catholic beat them.
mcfan1 Wrote:Just noticed that Valley beat them worse than what Lexington Catholic beat them.

Yeah, I saw that also--30 vs 21 points.
alfus21 Wrote:I like this thread referring back to when this game was scheduled.
http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...hp?t=17353

Thanks for putting that up. I hope this game will go a long way toward getting the Valley girls the respect they deserve, but SV will never get credit. If they beat MC tomorrow, all sorts of excuses would be made.
all-or-nothing Wrote:Thanks for putting that up. I hope this game will go a long way toward getting the Valley girls the respect they deserve, but SV will never get credit. If they beat MC tomorrow, all sorts of excuses would be made.

Darn straight. If SV beats someone, it's because the other team didn't do this or that, it's never because they're better than another team.
Well they already played MC, and they were unsuccessfull in doing so.
congrats to Valley!!
Any stats?
Congrats Valley
Congrats on the win.

Also, it needs to be mentioned that Laura Terry did not play because of illness. Rose Hill is very vulnarable as they showed when they are only playing with one of their stars. With both Emily Queen and Laura Terry, this is a different ballgame. Not saying that Shelby Valley wouldn't have still pulled out the win.
congrats valley
Congrats Valley!!
Phoenix Wrote:Congrats on the win.

Also, it needs to be mentioned that Laura Terry did not play because of illness. Rose Hill is very vulnarable as they showed when they are only playing with one of their stars. With both Emily Queen and Laura Terry, this is a different ballgame. Not saying that Shelby Valley wouldn't have still pulled out the win.

I refer you to what I said earlier........ I knew the girl didn't play and was expecting someone to bring this up. Geesh, just say,Wow, Shelby Valley, I didn't think you were good enough to beat that team by 30 points. YOu're overrated, but you pulled out the win, and as bad as I hate it, I have to say congratulations.

Laura Terry is a fabulous ball-player, even signing with a D-1 team I believe, but she does not average 30 points a game. I agreee completeley that it COULD HAVE been a different game with her playing, but your comment is just antagonizing. How about, SV girls played AWESOME!!!!!! Every dog has his day, right? Rolleyes
Dude, don't rain on this parade. :letsparty GO VALLEY!
Good job Valley! Very impressive
Congrats Valley
all-or-nothing Wrote:I refer you to what I said earlier........ I knew the girl didn't play and was expecting someone to bring this up. Geesh, just say,Wow, Shelby Valley, I didn't think you were good enough to beat that team by 30 points. YOu're overrated, but you pulled out the win, and as bad as I hate it, I have to say congratulations.

Laura Terry is a fabulous ball-player, even signing with a D-1 team I believe, but she does not average 30 points a game. I agreee completeley that it COULD HAVE been a different game with her playing, but your comment is just antagonizing. How about, SV girls played AWESOME!!!!!! Every dog has his day, right? Rolleyes

Dude, take a chill pill. No one is raining on your parade. I never said that Valley was overrated. All I said is it is a different ballgame with both playing. For example, when Belfry played Rose Hill in the Boyd County tournament, Queen got into foul trouble early in the third. So during the third quarter, Belfry was able to focus on Terry and shut down the offense, getting close to a double digit lead. Then the fourth quarter, Queen comes back in - different ballgame - it's almost impossible to guard both of them because it opens up other players in the offense. Rose Hill battles back, takes the lead at one point, the game goes to overtime and Rose Hill wins.
all-or-nothing Wrote:Thanks for putting that up. I hope this game will go a long way toward getting the Valley girls the respect they deserve, but SV will never get credit. If they beat MC tomorrow, all sorts of excuses would be made.

When does Valley play MC again?
Good Job SV
all-or-nothing Wrote:I refer you to what I said earlier........ I knew the girl didn't play and was expecting someone to bring this up. Geesh, just say,Wow, Shelby Valley, I didn't think you were good enough to beat that team by 30 points. YOu're overrated, but you pulled out the win, and as bad as I hate it, I have to say congratulations.

How about this..... WOOHOOO!!! WAY to GO Valley!!!
This win is the equivalent to someone swimming the Pacific Ocean!!! Can't belieave you pulled off this tremendously universal sized upset!!!
Ha Ha I get your point. Sometimes I should just wait before I type, huh? I just wanted these girls to get credit they deserved for the win.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Darn straight. If SV beats someone, it's because the other team didn't do this or that, it's never because they're better than another team.

I agree with you
all-or-nothing Wrote:Ha Ha I get your point. Sometimes I should just wait before I type, huh? I just wanted these girls to get credit they deserved for the win.
I understand your pain of feeling your team is underappreciated!!!
People just like to knock any teams win but their own!!!
RH should have been a tough opponent, but they are struggling...at least you beat them like you did instead of a squeaker!!! Nothing can be said of that!! Except...Good Job!!
Way To Go Valley!!!!!!!!!
Good job SV.
Great Job Shelby Valley
Great job SV. Big win even without Terry. And I dont feel it is trying to discredit Valley on the wain because its still a good win, but when those two are ranked 2 and 3 in the state by most its worth noting. She dropped 29 on Belfry i think and so did Queen. But they are still a heck of a team, Queen alone makes that lol. SO very good win Valley, keep working playing hard and turning heads.
SOunds like Shelby Valley played good. I thought that the head coach was out. I know that one of their studs was out, but to be in the top ten in the state and get beat that bad doesn't make sense to me.